Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's good to know buddy:).yeah thoses shoulder cuts are bad..really bad:horror. I think that's the 1st thing I'm gonna sort,then the body cuts(I've a few ideas)
depending on how it goes,i may try and redden the face cuts too. or i'll need a 1/4 scale grissly bear to put behind him if all fails:lol

that's good to know buddy:).yeah thoses shoulder cuts are bad..really bad:horror. I think that's the 1st thing I'm gonna sort,then the body cuts(I've a few ideas)
depending on how it goes,i may try and redden the face cuts too. or i'll need a 1/4 scale grissly bear to put behind him if all fails:lol
Another thing the hands same as GOD not painted very detailed, but on the ETD open hand they did intentionally left out the gloss on inside of the palm. Mmmm just to make it more realistic to skin I guess ? :yess:

I actually lol'd at this. :lol

Congrats on your Bruce, desisandy. Can't wait for mine to be shipped.
Thanks Shoo hope you get a good clean one . I hope everyone gets a good one. For the price QC should make sure we do. But not always the case.

it is a bummer that had blitzway spent a little more time/care with this it would no doubt be a knockout statue.although I've yet to get mine I think I know what to expect(a very nice statue with some niggles). I like shoo am patiently waiting:impatient:(NOT!!)
I wonder if I cant find a bear,maybe a 1/4 pitchfork:lol

it is a bummer that had blitzway spent a little more time/care with this it would no doubt be a knockout statue.although I've yet to get mine I think I know what to expect(a very nice statue with some niggles). I like shoo am patiently waiting:impatient:(NOT!!)
I wonder if I cant find a bear,maybe a 1/4 pitchfork:lol
Yer the easy bit and they messed it up .:slap but I think the impressiveness of the piece inhand does helps a little to take your eyes off them .Chris and Shoo i know you still have great joy when it does arrive, wont be too long now and I hope Larry changes his mind and buy a Brucey statue i ,ll point him in the right direction or if he grab himself a bargain and he finds one.
Ahhh Need to go off now.

But could have save $$$ seeing discounted ones already.

hey can you please direct me to where I can find this at a discounted price? I really want to buy this and with a lower price point it would definitely help my wallet :) thanks in advance!

hey can you please direct me to where I can find this at a discounted price? I really want to buy this and with a lower price point it would definitely help my wallet :) thanks in advance!

Sure I pm the link hope it helps . I found them discounted the price.

The shoulder cuts are a write off.
Even going to the trouble of matching the flesh tone and painting them out, you'll still be left with 4 huge raised scars.
Geez it's mind boggling how the simplest thing on any ETD figure is so wrong on this, the single most expensive ETD piece.

That view from left side always looks pretty goofy in most pics, I assume it is a phone camera lens which is distorting and generating the conehead from that angle.

Overall the GOD feels more realistic in that side by side.
But I still have a bias for anything ETD.
And I still prefer the pose on the ETD statue.

Feel like I need some more xplOsive pics from all angles :)

Sorry mate, I missed this lol. I actually just shipped mine back to PC this morning (had to find a suitable time to ship as the box is annoyingly huge, so it's not very convenient to transport around).

I'm pretty sure I took a pic or 2 before I shipped it back though, so I'll post up later tonight for you. I'll also post some more when I get my replacement.

Cool. I wondered if you had got your replacement yet.
I've gone a little cold on it again so was hoping some more non phone camera shots will help me come to a final decision on this.

Cool. I wondered if you had got your replacement yet.
I've gone a little cold on it again so was hoping some more non phone camera shots will help me come to a final decision on this.

Is there anything you're looking for in particular? It's a tough one man. I'm not sure if anymore photos will convince you to take the plunge on this. I have shown this off as best as I could and tried to make it look great.

I still think it's definitely worth having, but I'm also less critical than you are, and I'm not as bothered by the inaccuracy of the cuts as you are. For me my only real gripe with this statue is the appearance of the cuts in terms of application and realism, and it's something I can fix myself, so I'm not fussed.

The sweat apps, although not great, do not detract from the awesomeness of this piece like the cuts do. Simply adding to what's already there though will improve it further and make it look the way it should.

Other people are now starting to receive this and it seems for the most part that they are pretty satisfied with what they received. I'm happy to take some more pics for you though once I receive my replacement, and I'll post up the ones I already have later tonight.

Just want to know though, what's made you go cold on this? Anything in particular that's really bothering you, something that you may consider a deal breaker?

My totally honest opinion on this piece is that despite the flaws, it's still a pretty awesome statue overall, has amazing presence on display and I love looking at it, but I don't think it's worth $1000. This is where I am generally pretty critical as I think most collectibles are a rip-off (even though I still buy them lol), but it's the price you need to pay if you want them unfortunately. I think for $1000, this would have had to have been perfect for me, and by that I mean beautifully done cuts and sweat, and a better job of hiding the neck seam. Then I would have said yeah, this is worth $1000 (to me anyway).

It is what it is though, and I've been wanting an iconic Bruce Lee piece in my collection ever since I first started collecting, and for me this is the pic of the bunch really, so it was a no brainer to make the decision to buy this. I still think this is the best mass-produced Bruce Lee collectible released overall, and I'm happy with my purchase and have no regrets.

I recieve mine today and i thought I would be disappointed but it turns out nice. The skin paint is not that bad in my opinion. The scars doesn't bother me that much because the likeness and the presence made up for that. I think the likeness is better than the GOD statue. But overall I still like the GOD better because the color and the fun factory ( more accessories). I would recommend this for any bruce lee fan.

Is there anything you're looking for in particular? It's a tough one man. I'm not sure if anymore photos will convince you to take the plunge on this. I have shown this off as best as I could and tried to make it look great.

I still think it's definitely worth having, but I'm also less critical than you are, and I'm not as bothered by the inaccuracy of the cuts as you are. For me my only real gripe with this statue is the appearance of the cuts in terms of application and realism, and it's something I can fix myself, so I'm not fussed.

The sweat apps, although not great, do not detract from the awesomeness of this piece like the cuts do. Simply adding to what's already there though will improve it further and make it look the way it should.

Other people are now starting to receive this and it seems for the most part that they are pretty satisfied with what they received. I'm happy to take some more pics for you though once I receive my replacement, and I'll post up the ones I already have later tonight.

Just want to know though, what's made you go cold on this? Anything in particular that's really bothering you, something that you may consider a deal breaker?

My totally honest opinion on this piece is that despite the flaws, it's still a pretty awesome statue overall, has amazing presence on display and I love looking at it, but I don't think it's worth $1000. This is where I am generally pretty critical as I think most collectibles are a rip-off (even though I still buy them lol), but it's the price you need to pay if you want them unfortunately. I think for $1000, this would have had to have been perfect for me, and by that I mean beautifully done cuts and sweat, and a better job of hiding the neck seam. Then I would have said yeah, this is worth $1000 (to me anyway).

It is what it is though, and I've been wanting an iconic Bruce Lee piece in my collection ever since I first started collecting, and for me this is the pic of the bunch really, so it was a no brainer to make the decision to buy this. I still think this is the best mass-produced Bruce Lee collectible released overall, and I'm happy with my purchase and have no regrets.

It definitely looks great in your shots mate. The best I’ve seen it look by far since the misleading proto pics.
It was your photography that made me come really close to pulling the trigger a couple of weeks back actually.

My honest thoughts.
It’s not even the cuts or the sweat that nag at me.
I know I can fix those or improve them at least, and to be honest that is something I would find rewarding to do. So it’s not like plonking a statue in the corner and that’s it, I find satisfaction if I can customize something and become a little hands on with it. It is a way of deepening the enjoyment of a piece after the initial purchase and a creative side coming out.

Possibly it’s my standards and expectation never meeting halfway with factory production lines. It is frustrating for me from that standpoint.
And I was willing to let some of that go because, like you said, it’s bloody ETD. Not much more iconic than that and I expect you won’t see something close to it and at this scale again any time soon.

So it’s not the cuts or sweat but more some seemingly trivial stuff for most that eat at me.
I love the pose but it is just ever so slightly more flat footed than the proto which captured Bruce’s walk just perfectly.
I admit it is really butt puckered but those 1 or 2mm in foot angles and height bother me and make a difference to my eyes.
Maybe in person it still looks really light footed though..and I think really close attention to futzing the pants would help accentuate that, even.

The other thing is the head. The hair still bothers me and makes the sculpt feel a little cartoony not having a couple of layers, or at least some painted onto the face. And I think it is the eyes that are maybe just sculpted a little too open or something or lack upper eye lashes that give him an almost surprised, cartoony expression. The view from his left side feels particularly goofy for want of a better word. Of course, overall the likeness is very good... they are small things but they jump out at me more than things like cuts and sweat.

I love this likeness for ETD and it particularly plays on my mind when viewing the likeness on this statue. Seeing things like this other likeness contribute (fairly or unfairly) to my overall judgement of the piece.

18_zps2gttoqjo.jpg

But I agree, in person, the sheer presence of the thing could go a long way to smoothing over other aspects I find off with the statue. I expect the head sculpt will come across a lot better and have a more realistic essence in person than I’m seeing in pics. If it had been $500 I would already have it.

So those are my candid thoughts on it.

And don’t take any more pics on my account mate, the pics you have taken and your thoughts on the thing have really been great.

I think the issues for myself (and maybe tyderium) are the really bad and wrongly placed cuts and to a point the seam and sweat and hair
for a statue costing this much it should have been (near) perfect.maybe I'm more critical on this than most, but (to me) when I see not to bad,nice,not bothered about the cuts etc,it doesn't represent the killer statue it should have been.which from the work in the likeness it so could have been.
so on that aspect I'm disappointed in blitzway who have I agree done the best brucey to date,but the slap dap cuts are soooo bad,and are a huge error on their part.maybe a couple of $100 cheaper then yeah.

I know it's a slightly different angle,but I've always thought the height of the rear foot was higher in the proto(as tyderium mentioned) giving a more sneaky look.
the cuts are ''slightly'' better placed too.but too late for all that now:(

just looking at the proto shots again ''sigh'' it could be me,but front on it looks like bruce's left arm is lower and his head is tilted down to the left more than the final version too.even after checking xpl0sive's great photo's....I want the proto:gah:

Last edited:
I know it's a slightly different angle,but I've always thought the height of the rear foot was higher in the proto(as tyderium mentioned) giving a more sneaky look.
the cuts are ''slightly'' better placed too.but too late for all that now:(

just looking at the proto shots again ''sigh'' it could be me,but front on it looks like bruce's left arm is lower and his head is tilted down to the left more than the final version too.even after checking xpl0sive's great photo's....I want the proto:gah:
Haha yes I want the proto also. You may want to know the nips are sculpted proper man size. Just BLitzways production pieces painted it ridiculous small . :lol
Think you,ll want them painted more accurate prob .:lol

Back