Statue Blitzway- Bruce Lee 40th Anniversary Tribute Statue (1/3 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway- Bruce Lee 40th Anniversary Tribute Statue

The suit does not get Kareem ,s foot print till the final scenes, so is correct to not have this .whilst he's carrying the nunchaku or bamboo stick. But a bit of weathering would be cool. But the price of statues are getting scary . :(

For some reason, I just love this pic with them hands used for comparison.

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_13_zpsdc6ef086.jpg
And they are Arnies hands to boot!

When does this go up?

I'll see if I can get some answers on shipping and order dates.

Okay guys. From the president himself (of Blitzway) :lol
President said:
Dear Larry

Thanks for inquiry.
We haven't started taking order yet.
We are going to take pre-order from next week and let you know when we start.

We are very sorry that we don't know the shipping cost yet and don't have payment plan.
I guess you might find another dealer who provides payment plan.

Best

Won

--
Won Choi
President, Blitzway
www.blitzway.com
So it seems pre orders start next week.

& there is no payment plan options with them.

Pretty prompt reply. Thanks Blitzway :hi5:
When does this go up?
When does this go up?
The president has spoken.

And they are Arnies hands to boot!

Ah the hands of GOD himself, cool info. Thanks~

Okay guys. From the president himself (of Blitzway) :lol

So it seems pre orders start next week.

& there is no payment plan options with them.

Pretty prompt reply. Thanks Blitzway :hi5:

The president has spoken.

The response I just got from Blitzway was the same and they specified around wed next week. I'm so looking forward to more info. Hope I can PO this locally to save on shipping though.

an older but better arnie sculpt..IMHO..i'm a huge bruce fan (as you guys know)but the price/shipping and taxes.just killed it for me.i agree it will look great and very imposing on display.

As Larry said, pre-orders can be placed sometime next week.

Won also wanted to point out that shipping will be calculated on location and final prices were not yet available, it is planned to be released late September/early October 2013.

The scale is indeed 1/3rd, Bruce was by his reckoning 5'8" (68") divided by 3=23"ish + 5"ish for base = 28" ish. Though by own personal reckoning these things are generally an approximation, and as the figure is hand sculpted at the scale it is to be produced, I'm just happy the body proportions look right, and its certainly more in the 1/3rd arena than any other size!

how's he gonna stand/balance on the base I wonder...foot pegs?

It says in the spec- Price : USD 599 $ ( Gold Version USD 699 $ ) + shipping.

Ok thanks, i missed that. Difference between gold and normal version?) Pictures look all the same to me (for one product?)

Is it me, or is this quite expensive?

Never mind, ive seen the gold base!

Still pretty expensive no?

Last edited:

how's he gonna stand/balance on the base I wonder...foot pegs?

Yep, it has pegs on the soles of the feet and holes in the base.

Ok thanks, i missed that. Difference between gold and normal version?) Pictures look all the same to me (for one product?)

Is it me, or is this quite expensive?

Never mind, ive seen the gold base!

Still pretty expensive no?

Well, compare to the Cinamaquette which has...

Real hair = good
Poor likeness = bad
$1500 price tag = GTFO

an older but better arnie sculpt..IMHO..i'm a huge bruce fan (as you guys know)but the price/shipping and taxes.just killed it for me.i agree it will look great and very imposing on display.

OSB will have them, on LayAway too :)

Well, compare to the Cinamaquette which has...

Real hair = good
Poor likeness = bad
$1500 price tag = GTFO

Just dropped my chopsticks :lol:lol:lol

Cinamaquette is an awful company. None of their products are even resembling the person!

Holy crap, just seen this! Definitely a must have! The ultimate Bruce Lee collectible IMO. They could've chose a better facial expression, but this is still an amazing piece and will look incredible on display. The price for the scale is very reasonable IMO. Only problem is too many awesome collectibles coming out all around similar times, and all are really expensive!

OH_MY_GOD...
1/3 scale and only $599 for something that look LIKE THAT???!
If that quality from the pics will survive QC issues and final product will be that good - SSC & HCG (and Toynami with their Cinemaquette line of course) are doomed or will have to seriously reconsider quality of their products and their price policy.

Yeah it is cheap but for people that are not familiar with CM it is expensive.

Its not sold out yet, it hasn't gone on sale yet.

I'm not sold on the face at all. At the moment I think its Arnie Kim's biggest miss since he started Bruce Lee.

Surprised that people are shocked at the price here. While expensive, this is the best 'bargain' in collecting in a long time.

Lets look at scale and average price:

1/6 - $200-300
1/4 - $380-400 (and the new Conan is $460!)
1/3 - $2000 (Cinemaquette, generally the most expensive around...)
1/2 - $2000+ (using Sideshow's Legendary Scale as a guide)

1/3 - Blitzway Bruce ..... $600 ?

Makes you think 1 of 2 things.
1) Either Blitzway is selling this at a very tight margin to establish themselves which I seriously doubt ....they've had 2 awesome figures already and they have Arnie Kim involved here.

2) We're being robbed blind by SS/EB/HT far more than we realized. For all the talk of rising production costs and dropping dollars....seems like maybe the main rising costs have been the owners Ferrari's... :D :D

The other reason that it might be cheap is that the statue is probably hollow and the head is made out of plastic, which is cheaper than silicon that CM uses.

So its just me that thinks this is face is a little disappointing?
I expected this to be a clear front runner as best Bruce ever.
Arnie Kim and 1/3 scale and yet it looks out of proportion in a few ways.
Am I taking crazy pills here!? :D

You are not crazy both this sculpt and the Enterbay one sculpted by Scuderia have their faults and strengths. However, IMO the EB one doesn't look much like Bruce Lee as it has beady eyes and a very wide smooth face with lack of bone structure. Nevertheless, this one is not exactly a home run either as the chin is too long and the face looks too masculine but you can tell it is Bruce, unlike EBs, which looks like the GOD stunt double IMO. However, on certain angles Scuderia's one is practically dead on (Arnies is never dead on from any angle) but from front on I see no resemblance . So like I said before both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Cinamaquette is an awful company. None of their products are even resembling the person!

Yeah they have poor likeness for their human characters but they look very realistic like real people and high quality.

Last edited:
However, on certain angles Scuderia's one is practically dead on (Arnies is never dead on from any angle) but from front on I see no resemblance.

I'd say he's very, very close from this angle.

web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_28_zpsd99ab896.jpg

In other pics I do see that 'Laurence Fishburne syndrome' that someone mentioned going on with his right eye, though. Like, here. :\ That's the only flaw I can find.

Yeah they have poor likeness for their human characters but they look very realistic like real people and high quality.

Yeah, but what's the point of having an unknown guy dressed up as the character. I find that Cinemaquette Bruce embarrassing. I'd rather have a much smaller piece with a reasonable likeness than a big, space-hogging, ridiculously expensive representation of a character that I can only identify because of the clothes, however lifelike it may be.

I hope someone from Blitzway can clarify...

Does the Gold edition come with both the gold base as well as the standard colored base?

Holy ****!!!! What an awesome looking piece... If the final comes out looking that good it just may be the greatest pop culture statue ever, as far as realism goes.. Just Wow!!!

This thing looks so real that the photo below looks like the real Bruce Lee is being grabbed by a Giant!

I don't have any Bruce Lee items but have thought about getting one... It would be this piece if the shipping and taxes would not put this out of reach for me.

Congrats to those who are getting it.. Can't wait to see the in hand photos!

Just got this extra pic through, gives a better idea of the scale-
web_BruceLee_BLITZWAY_130720_13_zpsdc6ef086.jpg

Back