Blitzway 1/6 Scale Tyler Durden Ultimate Masterpiece Figures from Fight Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^FWIW i held my comments until today.

I imagine the figure will look fine from 2 ft away.

and dont forget to put on the glasses! haha!

I'm setting up a barrier made out of invisible fence for dogs and will wear a collar to prevent me from getting closer than 2 ft.

I'm sure i'll love it then..with or without glasses.

This thread = :lol:lol

First BW can do no wrong. Then the figure sucks because of crappy pics. A few hours later, it looks awesome in the new pics!!! The next day, it sucks again and he looks Asian...BW sucks!! Man, the Ghostbusters thread is going to be hilarious when Slimmer's eyes and Winston's mustache look off :lol

Seriously!
I have had to cancel and reorder 19 times in the last 28 hours. I'm not sure if I can keep it up for much longer.

Maybe I will buy 2, then I can keep one and cancel one, that way I am totally protected!

Everything looks like a copy of a copy of a copy.

Remember when Project Mayhem replaced things with look-a-like bizarro versions to force people from their consumerism induced slumber?
Touché, Blitzway.
Touché.

c02d24ac026e05cb217d12fdfc6cb8f8.jpg

Not the best quality photo but looking pretty darn good here to me. From:

https://www.imagala.com/photos/jnsact

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

might be that they dont have the resources to handle order size of such magnitude.
every head sculpt needed to be hand paint separately. they just accepted too much
orders than they can handle. and the final product suffered from that.

You do realise that none of the Blitzway, Hot Toys, DAM Toys, Sideshow, Soldier Story etc etc etc etc etc are HAND PAINTED right. You do know that painting 30,000 heads in Howard Chan's office is not how it's done right...?

You do realise that none of the Blitzway, Hot Toys, DAM Toys, Sideshow, Soldier Story etc etc etc etc etc are HAND PAINTED right. You do know that painting 30,000 heads in Howard Chan's office is not how it's done right...?

Don't shatter peoples' dreams :lol

They are hand painted but not how people assume they are painted....just not in the way you'd think. They have a departments of people that paint parts so 1 section for eyes, 1 for hair and the rest for skin tone.

Not sure how others work but that's how Hot Toys do theirs.

Last edited:
Looks like there is variation in quality of the paintwork from sculpt to sculpt. And HT isn't totally handpainted. We first knew this for sure after seeing the hallmarks of a screening type process on Joker DX 2.0.

i am not sure what the exact process is but hot toys always listed each sculpt is hand painted. may be they do the base paint as factory paint and detailing is done in batches - may be eyes, and some other aspects. i am not an expert and no idea how its really done - just thinking aloud here. but i do know that most of their listings always mentioned each sculpt is hand painted.
i have also spent a lot of money on customs, and i love the work of some of the customizers here, the only issue i have found is the custom paint is easy to rub off / scuffs etc. so i am assuming hot toys wont be totally hand painted as its usually quite solid from a rub off perspective.

i am not sure what the exact process is but hot toys always listed each sculpt is hand painted. may be they do the base paint as factory paint and detailing is done in batches - may be eyes, and some other aspects. i am not an expert and no idea how its really done - just thinking aloud here. but i do know that most of their listings always mentioned each sculpt is hand painted.
i have also spent a lot of money on customs, and i love the work of some of the customizers here, the only issue i have found is the custom paint is easy to rub off / scuffs etc. so i am assuming hot toys wont be totally hand painted as its usually quite solid from a rub off perspective.

It's not just the base paint. The eyes aren't hand painted either.

Get some Tamiya flat coat. Put two tiny pieces of sticky tac over each eye (one for each eye). Sticky tac up the neck, and i always put on a dowl, but pensil or the like will do. Spray. Leave to dry. It dries quickly, but i always leave it over night to make sure. Remove the tac over the eyes.

Added benefit is any glossy or semi glossy paint that existed before, won't be there now.

Last edited:
Hmm - thinking aloud again - why do they say each sculpt is hand painted - they at least said that for each figure until about 6 months ago..... in fact just checked Han Solo and says each sculpt is specifically hand painted... won't that be false advertising?

It's not just the base paint. The eyes aren't hand painted either.

Get some Tamiya flat coat. Put two tiny pieces of sticky tac over each eye (one for each eye). Sticky tac up the neck, and i always put on a dowl, but pensil or the like will do. Spray. Leave to dry. It dries quickly, but i always leave it over night to make sure. Remove the tac over the eyes.

Added benefit is any glossy or semi glossy paint that existed before, won't be there now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back