Blitzway 1/6 Scale Tyler Durden Ultimate Masterpiece Figures from Fight Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least it is film accurate to always have the glasses on for the police shootout version, so no loss...Tyler , however, has both looks in the movie so some loss there..

Hey, I'm just trying to make myself feel better here.

That proto was just too much. They need to stop doing that.

People must urge and implore them to be s***ter with their prototypes. I even feel the same about NECA sometimes.

I wish i could rep you. Happy surprises are always better.

Thinking BvS..

Last edited:
Just did two quick ones (so far) to show the sculpts. The fur coat sculpt is superior to the other, imo. The eyes (I think) seem to be throwing the likeness off on the red coat one.

30081131826_6678d87dd8_b.jpg

29487754064_84fdf9707d_b.jpg

They made TD Asian!?

I've seen sculpts get a little 'asianized' before, but this is the worst example in recent memory. Thank god both come with shades.

Man, I am massively disappointed in how this has turned out. It seems to be hard work to get it to look good under a semi-pro camera/lighting setup, so you just know how poor it's going to look in your Detolf if you're putting it alongside the best of the best from Hot Toys. There is no way I could bare to have this on display without him wearing the glasses to cover up all the problems with the eyes and face etc, but that's basically it, one look.

BW got everyone hyped to hell with the proto, charged elite HT pricing at $250, and then somehow, after multiple release delays, they've gone and dropped something that looks "decent" at best to the optimists, or something "pretty damn poor" if you're someone who believed and only wants the top top quality figures in your collection.

This should have been an absolute home run for BW that pushed them right up there with HT in terms of hype and respect, but I think most of us would agree they've gone and blown that based on what they've put out here with this one.

I agree. I was expecting this to be a real breakout set for BW. Or at least maintain the amazing likeness they delivered on Scarface (which I had always preferred over Enterbay's) and Carlito. It's just hard to get on board when both blurry phone and dslr pics evidently show a downgrade from proto.

I'm right in saying there were multiple delays with this, right? It feels like they had some QC issues along the way, delayed and delayed to get it right, but in the end just decided to release it as is. I can't think of any other logical explanation as to how we've got such a major loss in quality across eyes/face/hair and paint app. I think it's going to take them a long time to recover from the PR hit of this one in the eyes of the community, particularly at the high end.

I'm assuming there's not really much of a PR hit. You're as good as your last work. If GB comes out great all's forgiven.

I'm assuming there's not really much of a PR hit. You're as good as your last work. If GB comes out great all's forgiven.

Speaking of last work, their Rocky production sculpt was proto perfect, so I am not sure why the sculpts on these figures didn't share the same fate. :confused:

Speaking of last work, their Rocky production sculpt was proto perfect, so I am not sure why they could not pull it of with these figures. :confused:

Yeah, that's what makes these Fight Club figures so difficult to accept and understand. Something went wrong somewhere along the way.

Speaking of last work, their Rocky production sculpt was proto perfect, so I am not sure why the sculpts on these figures didn't share the same fate. :confused:

might be that they dont have the resources to handle order size of such magnitude.
every head sculpt needed to be hand paint separately. they just accepted too much
orders than they can handle. and the final product suffered from that.

Yeah, that's what makes these Fight Club figures so difficult to accept and understand. Something went wrong somewhere along the way.

Yeah sure did, at SDCC the red jacket version sculpt was never shown without glasses.

So looks like they were covering up the faults of the sculpt then. :dunno

might be that they dont have the resources to handle order size of such magnitude.
every head sculpt needed to be hand paint separately. they just accepted too much
orders than they can handle. and the final product suffered from that.

Hmm good point. TBF the red jacket one does look like the one shown at the SDCC, it just doesn't look like the one of their website. :(

I think they should give everyone a free bath robe for **** ing up so bad.

This thread = :lol:lol

First BW can do no wrong. Then the figure sucks because of crappy pics. A few hours later, it looks awesome in the new pics!!! The next day, it sucks again and he looks Asian...BW sucks!! Man, the Ghostbusters thread is going to be hilarious when Slimmer's eyes and Winston's mustache look off :lol

Back