Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, went through the past few pages but couldnt find any definitive discussion on some things. A few questions for anyone able to clarify!

- Is the clasp on the white utility belt very fragile, and if taken apart how fiddly is it to reattach to close the belt?

- Can the white utility belt actually be adjusted to be longer? I've seen the belt adjusted lower on some pics, but not quite sure how people have done that. All of mine seem very snug around the figure and are difficult to move. I'd prefer to have them sit lower on the waists.

- Many reports on breakages of the little black pegs on the proton pack belt. Are there any tips to avoid breakages there? Would dipping both ends in hot water help the male/female ends connect?

I took off the grey pistol belt on my Ray to lower it, it was a bit hiked up out of the box. It was kinda nerve wracking, but it doesn't seem too fragile. It works the way an actual pistol belt works, just a hook and loop feature. I didn't bother moving the key fobs (carabiners) over to the correct side of the belt but have seen others here who have so I know it's possible. As far as adjusting the belt, I'm not sure if you can but I do see extra length tucked in where the belt latches, so it might be possible if it isn't stitched. For my Ray, because he has extra padding in his mid section, getting the pistol belt back on was kind of a chore.

In regards to the waist buckle for the proton pack, seems hit or miss on how fragile they are. I'd check the female insert first, and xacto any flash or plastic that might be in the way, some issues are that the female part of the clip isn't big enough and snaps the male inserts. Clip carefully, otherwise they'll snap easily. I used plastic bonder to reattach mine, xipotec here told me that hot glue tends to work better, since at lower heat its more like rubber and can be scraped off and redone if necessary. Warming up the female end with water or a hair dryer is a good idea as well. Hopefully you don't have any breakage on your waist, buckle.

tenor.gif

Yup!

It’s a good place.....except the “Movie Section” that’s the wild Wild West ....you been warned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, I'll avoid that movie section at all costs then. Thanks for the warning, I'll stick to action figures, it's my favorite art medium anyways.

Sorry, went through the past few pages but couldnt find any definitive discussion on some things. A few questions for anyone able to clarify!

- Is the clasp on the white utility belt very fragile, and if taken apart how fiddly is it to reattach to close the belt?

- Can the white utility belt actually be adjusted to be longer? I've seen the belt adjusted lower on some pics, but not quite sure how people have done that. All of mine seem very snug around the figure and are difficult to move. I'd prefer to have them sit lower on the waists.

- Many reports on breakages of the little black pegs on the proton pack belt. Are there any tips to avoid breakages there? Would dipping both ends in hot water help the male/female ends connect?

1. Before I received my figures, people were saying it was pretty fragile and came unclasped easily. However, I didn't think it was as fragile as played up to be and I didn't find to have any issues keeping it clasped. Don't get me wrong, you still don't want to be hamfisted with it, but it's not that difficult to take off and put back on. I wouldn't keep doing it over and over though. Once you get the look you want for your figures, I'd just let it be.

2. It can. I used tweezers to adjust mine. Just flip the belt over and adjust it in back by pulling out some slack from the little adjustor and sliding the adjustor back a bit after each pull you make. In fact, I recommend making it longer so there's not as much tension on the clasp. Like you said, they come very snug around the figure and are difficult to move. Plus, the guys seemed to generally wear their belts a little loose.

3. Be as gentle as possible, but even this usually doesn't work. It's very cheap flimsy plastic, so there's really no way around it. I had to intentionally break off one of the male inserts on one of mine because the opening on the female end was too thin to accommodate both male inserts, even after trying to make it a bit wider with an exacto knife. I also broke a piece off of the female end on another while attempting to cut out an opening because there was no opening. I was still able to manage to get the belt clasped though by only sliding one male insert into it.

Thanks for the info guys! Will give it a try over the next week or so. Dreading how long it will take for me to get these guys looking good since I usually suck at futzing and posing!

Just now getting around to putting these guys on the shelf. All I can say is the stands are the most horrendous pieces of crap I've ever seen. I wanted to use them because I liked having the logo at their feet. The whole cram a wire into a socket thing is unbelievably annoying. Others have said the same but I assumed it wasnt that bad. I lied to myself. lol

Just now getting around to putting these guys on the shelf. All I can say is the stands are the most horrendous pieces of crap I've ever seen. I wanted to use them because I liked having the logo at their feet. The whole cram a wire into a socket thing is unbelievably annoying. Others have said the same but I assumed it wasnt that bad. I lied to myself. lol

I hate them with a passion the amount of times it slipped and jabbed my hand not to mention Ray's stand wants to topple over.

In all I'm pretty amazed by the set..... the sculpt I hated the most actually is my favourite which is Egon :rotfl

I honestly didnt think I would struggle with the stand that bad. Ray seems fairly stable but does look as if he's leaning back a little. The way these are made its hard to situate the figures with its feet directly under it. The wire frame of the stand gets in the way a bit.

Second went together a little easier thankfully.

Those look great by the way. How did you adjust the pack harnesses, tweezers? lol I need to tighten mine actually.

Still got some futzing todo but really dig this set!

View attachment 387153

Oh man, great set up. I only got Ray, but I feel like every other day I futz with him, either a new pose or adjusting his gear. Just such a well done piece I can't stop looking at it or snapping pics. Just a bit nerve wracking to futz with too much, hoping Toy Anxiety gets in more peices cuz I'd love to have an extra pistol belt and proton pack in case I mess mine up from all the futzing.

As it is stock, you're unable to have it in the figure's mouth. What others have done is apply some sort of adhesive to it (not sure what) in order to get it to do so. Or, I hear the cigarette that comes with the FC Tyler Durden figure is compatible with these and will stay in the figure's mouth without any adhesive.

As it is stock, you're unable to have it in the figure's mouth. What others have done is apply some sort of adhesive to it (not sure what) in order to get it to do so. Or, I hear the cigarette that comes with the FC Tyler Durden figure is compatible with these and will stay in the figure's mouth without any adhesive.

I see, thanks a lot for your reply :)

I spotted a user had rather nice base stands with metal plaques with etched names. Is this a custom item only?

Still the best Venkman sculpt around...
48968f41fb7e6897685fab4b5e0502e1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Finally got around to opening these up and taking a look. Wow, what a top notch job by Blitzway all around. I got the 4-pack with Slimer, which is a nice little touch. It's too bad more companies don't offer multipacks like this. There are plenty of characters that would lend themselves to 2-, 3-, or 4-pack sets. It will be a while before I can put the Ghostbusters on display since the collection is still in storage.

Who all is planning to get the Ecto-1? I may PO this week.

Which one is that? I've got some customs that were painted by Ski. I think I had him do the Snyder Venkman, and the others might have been Rocco's. I haven't done a portrait to portrait comparison with the Blitzways. I need to see how the Zeddmores compare.
At some point I'll end up selling the custom bash stuff, but need to part out anything I want to hang on to.

I'll have to disagree with you. As was mentioned back in October when I think you posted that same image, the Snyderman one is indeed a decent sculpt, but I see more of an amalgamation of Bill Murray and Bill Maher in it myself. Prior to the BW sculpt, I would agree it was probably the best Venkman sculpt available.

While the BW sculpt has its shortcomings (such as being too puffy for GB 1 and looking more like a GB 2 likeness), I don't see anyone in it at all other than Murray. It's just simply lacking a few minor details to be an accurate GB 1 Murray likeness, but is still umistakably a 100% Bill Murray general likeness (sans the incorrect eye color).

To quote myself from back in October when I posted a few random images I found of the Snyderman sculpt in better lighting:

Found some random pictures of Venkman figures with the Snyderman sculpt. I do think it's a decent sculpt, probably would be your best option if BW didn't make these figures, but I do see more of Murray in BW's sculpt. In the Snyderman sculpt, I personally see roughly 40% Bill Murray, 60% Bill Maher.

View attachment 372266
View attachment 372267
View attachment 372268

So I suppose either way, it does look like someone named Bill.

I'll have to disagree with you. As was mentioned back in October when I think you posted that same image, the Snyderman one is indeed a decent sculpt, but I see more of an amalgamation of Bill Murray and Bill Maher in it myself. Prior to the BW sculpt, I would agree it was probably the best Venkman sculpt available.

While the BW sculpt has its shortcomings (such as being too puffy for GB 1 and looking more like a GB 2 likeness), I don't see anyone in it at all other than Murray. It's just simply lacking a few minor details to be an accurate GB 1 Murray likeness, but is still umistakably a 100% Bill Murray general likeness (sans the incorrect eye color).

To quote myself from back in October when I posted a few random images I found of the Snyderman sculpt in better lighting:
I don't see how...when you compare an actual picture of Bill Murray to Snyderman's sculpt & blitzways. I understand how one would want the new sculpt to be superior...I did as well...but (disclaimer: for me) it just didn't come close. I just can't see it w/ the blitway sculpt. The Ray & Egon are great & the likeness is 95% there. Oh well...I'm done. ;)

Back