Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Ok - I did it! I preordered from Flossie's. No turning back now!

I think Soldier Story's prices were posted in the other Ghostbusters' thread. Now we can see where the 'ordering' chips will fall--or wait until in hand pictures come in.

I was impatient and ordered the 4 pack from Timewalker Toys about a month ago.

I think Soldier Story's prices were posted in the other Ghostbusters' thread. Now we can see where the 'ordering' chips will fall--or wait until in hand pictures come in.

Although with the blitzway 4 pack you are guaranteed to have a set of 4 with matching packs and uniforms. SS has.only announced egon and Venkman so far. If sales for them are not that good, don't expect the other 2 to get made.

I am actually baffled by the similarity in price point between the soldier story and Blitzway figures relative to the huge difference in prototype quality...Blitzway's were sculpted by arguably the best sculptor in 1/6 right now and soldier story's look like okay action figures but are definitely not on that level. Even if there is a slight dip from prototype to production a la Tyler Durden...the Blitzway figure quality will still be significantly ahead...I cannot see how soldier story can justify charging more for their figures (depending on where you buy a 4 pack) than Blitzway is...

I am actually baffled by the similarity in price point between the soldier story and Blitzway figures relative to the huge difference in prototype quality...Blitzway's were sculpted by arguably the best sculptor in 1/6 right now and soldier story's look like okay action figures but are definitely not on that level. Even if there is a slight dip from prototype to production a la Tyler Durden...the Blitzway figure quality will still be significantly ahead...I cannot see how soldier story can justify charging more for their figures (depending on where you buy a 4 pack) than Blitzway is...

I understand it....its a cash grab after seeing the BW thread blow up with excitement...

The Ebay mistaken purchases alone will make them rich beyond there wildest dreams...

At that price though, I think people who already PO'd the BW ones though are going to stay with their BW PO; I don't imagine they'd (SS) get many people jumping ship. I also think the single figures from BW aren't going to be selling out any time soon and if the SS Ray and Egon figures don't get many sales, I doubt they'll make Ray or Winston.

ghostbusters_ver3_xlg.jpg

Nicely done. What a great poster.

i can see kit bashing a Dana with the new hot toys Ripley…but Rick Moranis?….

That poster is racist.

It was the 80's. Back then rascism was far more acceptable then it is today. I remember they even used to sell the following ice cream in the early 80s:

8353_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

Just received an email from BBTS that they're going to start charging NRD's tomorrow.

Nicely done. What a great poster.

It'd make for a cool set up/display for those with the Dr. 3 Pack.

Shocking...the Soldier Story figures through BBTS are actually more expensive than Blitzway's...audacious to say the least...

Shocking...the Soldier Story figures through BBTS are actually more expensive than Blitzway's...audacious to say the least...

Why is that shocking? soldier story has a long history of 10 years producing high end 1/6th scale figures...blitzway doesn't.

Why is that shocking? soldier story has a long history of 10 years producing high end 1/6th scale figures...blitzway doesn't.

The brand name is not really a driver for me. I don't own figures from either company so I am not even looking at that part. My personal level of shock is derived from my opinion that the Soldier Story figures appear to be vastly inferior to the Blitzway figures which were sculpted by a really amazing sculptor...quality is obviously in the eye of the beholder but I am struggling with finding any parity between these sets...I am completely impartial as far as brand loyalty goes but the Blitzway figures look way better to me.

Back