Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Seems to me that the feedback is really mixed, and not fully understood yet since so few actually have it in-hand. So, I don't think it's time for anyone to panic just yet.

Doubt big time damage control is needed. Fight club figures are not that bad. But I want to see ecto 1 sooner than later though.

The Fight Club figures actually didn't turn out that bad after all. A little softer than the proto, yes, but that's generally to be expected. They're nowhere near as bad as what those first few pictures potentially suggested that caused that fiasco.

They seem to really be promoting and advertising these Ghostbusters figures though. I highly doubt they will **** these up or half ass them, as I'm certain they probably see it as the license they need to make a big splash with in the 1/6 scale industry.

The video is very encouraging...the only reservation that I have is that though the Fight Club figures are not as bad as initial reactions suggested, the prototypes for those and the Ghostbusters simultaneously suggested that Blitzway had found a formula that was going to make them the producers of the highest quality 1/6 scale figures on the market. That quality coupled with the Ghostbusters license was the ultimate recipe for 1/6 scale success! Unfortunately the Fight Club release suggests that Blitzway can make really good figures but they are not quite at the level of Hot Toys. I have Tyler Durden and the Ghostbusters 4 pack pre-ordered but I am afraid I may be left with the "aaah, but if only the license had gone to Hot Toys" feeling...

i just recieved the fight club today ..and it was ok...but i guess i do like the potype more. i hope this is a lesson learn to bltizway ensure the GB can be just like what we seen so far. because i already paid the GB 4 set..

I don't think FC was a total disaster, but I do think Blitzway has learned a lesson. They will up their game with GB, I am sure. Thanks to all the collectors who wont settle for less.
We know Blitzway can do great things, we have seen it before, that is why FC was a bit of let down, but Blitzway should be proud of that. We expect high quality products from them, and they will have to deliver to stay in business, to be a contender. With FC, they showed weakness, I hope with GB, they will fight for the title.

The exploding Durden thread reminds me of the DX07 thread the day photos were released. Panic ensued, mass cancellations ensued, pitch-forks and fire brands were polished of and lit.

Every single figure on these forums. Rinse, repeat.

Every single figure on these forums. Rinse, repeat.

Really, every single one? Nahh, but sometimes, a company comes out short, like with the Durden, sometimes Hot Toys does as well. Sometimes it's a home run. As I have said many times before, the Carlito was excellent, and that is what we all hoped for with this. Fight Club is a brilliant movie. I don't think Durden is crap, but BW could have done better. If nobody speaks up, how will the companies improve?

Really, every single one?

I admit to a little hyperbole (forgive me my indulgences), but boy there's a lot.

First review shots come out, overlit to hell, THE SKY IS FALLING! Week later, yeah, it's pretty good.

I'm buying this as an upgrade of the Mattel figures. Can't possibly be worse than those?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I'd be disappointed if Hot Toys had this license - not that they would, since it's not something that lines up with their current strategy, but still. We'd get one figure at a time, months or years apart, and Winston? Yea, that'd never happen. This sort of license is perfect for a company like BW, and I have very high hopes...

Someone posted some video from NYCC

thanks for sharing. The clothes look remarkably good in this video IMO. I was thankful of the 360º view.

I'd be disappointed if Hot Toys had this license - not that they would, since it's not something that lines up with their current strategy, but still. We'd get one figure at a time, months or years apart, and Winston? Yea, that'd never happen. This sort of license is perfect for a company like BW, and I have very high hopes...

Excellent point made. There is no way hot toys would release these guys in packs of 3 or 4. I am really looking forward to getting the getting them all in one shot, so many display options.

I think if people are happy with Tyler Durden and wil be happy with Ghostbusters of that level of production quality then they should rejoice, sit back and wait for the Ghostbusters to ship...I think it may be a little unrealistic and some really heavy wishful thinking to imagine that Blitzway is studying this thread and the few comments on their FB page and are now revising their entire production process to ensure that January's Ghostbusters release meets everyone's standards...even if the release is delayed Tyler Durden clearly reflects where Blitzway is today...maybe if they release Ghostbusters II figures in 2019...?

BW will take their time- I don't think we'll see these until next Summer...

Im all in i pushed aside all my other orders for the 4 pack and will be happy as hell to finish a line in 1 shipment pretty much. ha ha. If hot toys had the line it would be at least 2 years wait i bet.

Im all in i pushed aside all my other orders for the 4 pack and will be happy as hell to finish a line in 1 shipment pretty much. ha ha. If hot toys had the line it would be at least 2 years wait i bet.

This is a great point...can you imagine it taking as long to display all 4 Ghostbusters as it is still taking to display the entire Guardians of the Galaxy team???

Given their Watchmen line, we'd get Winston first, then the line would be cancelled based on the poor sales. :rotfl

Back