Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Hot Toys can't even get two figures that go togther out. They made Luke in the Stormtrooper outfit last summer and even teased Han in the Stormtrooper outfit on the box but still no Han. They could never get all 4 Ghostbusters out we might get one or two and that's it.

Any signs of ecto at NYCC? I just took the plunge and ordered the special pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, it probably won't be shown this time around.

I think if people are happy with Tyler Durden and wil be happy with Ghostbusters of that level of production quality then they should rejoice, sit back and wait for the Ghostbusters to ship...I think it may be a little unrealistic and some really heavy wishful thinking to imagine that Blitzway is studying this thread and the few comments on their FB page and are now revising their entire production process to ensure that January's Ghostbusters release meets everyone's standards...even if the release is delayed Tyler Durden clearly reflects where Blitzway is today...maybe if they release Ghostbusters II figures in 2019...?

As I have understood it, BW have stopped the Tyler figures, maybe a QC issue, don't know. They might not read these nerd ramblings, but I believe they have a lot of pride. They know there's a HUGE market for high-end 1/6, and Hot Toys are too busy with the money stuff. BW have the skills and abilities to do this, but I'm quite sure that they also know if they fumble the ball now, they'll loose to one of the many other high-end snapping at their heels.

Some think FC is fine, others need to see more, a group think it is a disaster. I'm pretty sure with GB, BW wants to deliver and show the buyers that they can. This is too important a opportunity to screw up.

I'm not sold on FC yet, I need video image. The photos seem dodgy. But I still have a lot of faith in BW. I'm pretty sure they will deliver with GB. And as someone else pointed out, they are doing the entire team. Most companies would have left Winston out. Most European sellers don't have him for pre-order. Let's be honest, he is not the most important part of GB. But BW still made him (I think he has the best HS). GB will their chance to prove to the entire 1/6 community what they can do. Sure, there's pressure. I do have faith still. It's amazing that they are taking on this licenses, realising all the characters with such good HS. I pray they will spend a little more on the paint with these, than they did with FC.

I really hope Blitzway does well with this.. Don't get me wrong Hot Toys is still my favorite figure company but I do not think we will ever get a figure from them again that is not from a Super Hero or Science Fiction movie...the days where they would license things like the Godfather, Enter the Dragon, and Inglorious Basterds, seem to be in the past. As a fan of Super Hero/ Sci Fi but also so many other genres it would be great to be able to get Hot Toys quality products based upon licenses that do not fit in the current Hot Toys business model.

A bit off topic, but does anyone have any thoughts on the Anovos proton pack kit? I've been seriously considering trying to build my own pack recently, but just not sure that's the route I should go as I'm not sure what their track record is. I've looked into GBfans as well. I've bought a few items from them before for the flight suit, and a couple other accessories. It does seem like they have pretty much everything I'd need, but everything is just sold separately.

Any word on when blitzway will show ecto 1? Really sucks not at NYCC. Was and am looking forward to seeing it.

A bit off topic, but does anyone have any thoughts on the Anovos proton pack kit? I've been seriously considering trying to build my own pack recently, but just not sure that's the route I should go as I'm not sure what their track record is. I've looked into GBfans as well. I've bought a few items from them before for the flight suit, and a couple other accessories. It does seem like they have pretty much everything I'd need, but everything is just sold separately.

No one knows how it will be. The product pictured on their website is a hero build done by a member of gbfans and the anovos will not be exactly like that one. Plus you should not be surprised if it takes 2 years for the pack to actually ship out as they have taken money for preorders and some have been over 2 years outstanding now.

Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

The FC drama is the usual drama....that figure is great.....different than proto but great. Personally I like it better than the proto.

The GB line is going to be a huge sucess...but we WILL see this drama (x4) all over again due to someone wanting to post the first internet pics of them. THAT person is interested in hoarding "likes" or "upvotes" or whatever......they do not care about showing what a figure really looks like....

My advice for new 1/6 scale collectors?

1. Do not fall in love with a proto , instead fall in love with the idea that they will attempt the figure.
2. Do not pre order, unless you are willing to accept #1 (or lose money.)
3. Ignore all pictures taken before general release.

As a side note, if HT did get this license we would never have gotten all the extras, light up proto pack, slimer .....etc etc......they would have been bare bones.......260.00

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My advice for new 1/6 scale collectors?

1. Do not fall in love with a proto , instead fall in love with the idea that they will attempt the figure.
2. Do not pre order, unless you are willing to accept #1 (or lose money.)
3. Ignore all pictures taken before general release.

Sounds like sound advice for ANY collector. I would add, Find a reviewer on youtube that you like (avoid those who gets the figure for free, they wont tell you the truth, they'll worry about getting the next figure) and wait for the video review. That will show you the figure exactly like it will look when you open the box. Maybe the reviewer will hate the HS but you like it. And that is all that matters.

Not pre ordering might be good advice but with some figures you have little choice. Those who didn't pre order the HT regular Batman will have trouble getting him without paying crazy prices on eBay.

One of my friends is at NYCCC this weekend. He confirmed no sign of ECTO-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not pre ordering might be good advice but with some figures you have little choice. Those who didn't pre order the HT regular Batman will have trouble getting him without paying crazy prices on eBay.

Ah, I never met to imply do not preorder....
BUT if you do, preorder, do it because you want to support the peice.. After all more money pre order more money into the figure.....then just be happy you get it.
With HT they will not follow up with a figure in a set unless the inital offering was a big hit!

I wish i had pre ordered Sleepy Hollow Ichabod, maybe that would have been the order that pushed them to do a Headless Horseman from that film.....

How amazing would that figure be......

Ah, I never met to imply do not preorder....
BUT if you do, preorder, do it because you want to support the peice.. After all more money pre order more money into the figure.....then just be happy you get it.
With HT they will not follow up with a figure in a set unless the inital offering was a big hit!

I wish i had pre ordered Sleepy Hollow Ichabod, maybe that would have been the order that pushed them to do a Headless Horseman from that film.....

How amazing would that figure be......

Ghostbusters have already sold out with some UK retailers so I'm relieved I got my preorder in. I had to go with the three pack though and just hope I can still pick Winston up later. That's the downside to release them all at the same time, not as many people can get the complete set, but I take your point about Hot Toys staggered releases to.

I am in for the 4 pack. And staying in. I always wanted a real high end GB set. Kinda good and bad they did all at once.
Either way I know I will love having these guys......

If they are as close as FC figures came to proto , I will be ecstatic..

That is the good thing about being a European collector, I have yet to see any examples of anything selling out before release. Now, the downside it, it's crazy expensive no matter what :)
I don't preoder anymore. Used to. But I was very frustrated with a couple of pieces, so I stopped. Now I wait for videos and sometimes I hesitate too long to buy. I'm not getting all four, probably just one. I'm not a completist. I like Dan Akroyd the most, but that is the least impressive sculpt. So, I'll wait.

As a side note, if HT did get this license we would never have gotten all the extras, light up proto pack, slimer .....etc etc......they would have been bare bones.......260.00

No i think hot toys would include the light up proton pack and neutrona wand. However there would be a huge mark up on the cost just for the image rights.

Not pre-ordering is sound financial advice, but the manufacturers see differently. Low pre-orders translates to little interest in the line, thereby precluding development on any future characters. If no-one pre-ordered the GB figures, Winston and Ecto-1 would have definitely been canned.

No one knows how it will be. The product pictured on their website is a hero build done by a member of gbfans and the anovos will not be exactly like that one. Plus you should not be surprised if it takes 2 years for the pack to actually ship out as they have taken money for preorders and some have been over 2 years outstanding now.

Yea, the Anovos kit does seem a bit sketchy with them not even having pictures, or very many details on the product itself. I'll likely go with GBfans. Like I said, they seem to have everything I'd need. Plus I can space it out a bit more, and buy the parts piece by piece as I can.

As for these figures, I came close to cancelling my PO with all this talk of the fight club figure coming out horrible, but after seeing a couple pics of that final figure, I think it seems to have been a bit blown out of proportion. Granted, there is a a drop off from the proto, but I think it still looks pretty good. It might not be HT quality, but I think it's only a step or two down from that. Hopefully they're learning as they go and the GB figures will come out even better.

By the way, does anyone know if the four pack is going to come in one big box, or will it just be the four figures in their individual packages sent together?

I am hoping individual boxes...although I doubt it will happen....

Cost would be prohibitive considering the 4 pack (and 3 pack) coming with the extras. Makes more sense to package the extras with the figures , rather than create entire new packaged just for the extras.

Back