Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Winston is forgettable and not necessary for people to collect.(As much as i like Ernie and the character) There is no reason to buy him unless you have the disposable income, or have massive OCD.

Ghostbusters is all about the other 3... I know it, you know it, and even Ernie knows it.

There, i just made everyone's decision easier.

The same arguments can be made if someone wanted to collect TMNT. Frankly, I've always been a Michelangelo fan so I wouldn't feel the need to get the other 3. There's no "you have to get all 4" argument to be made. Buy what you like, get your favorite(s). Call it a day.

Last edited:

The same arguments can be made if someone wanted to collect TMNT. Frankly, I've always been a Michelangelo so I wouldn't feel the need to get the other 3. There's no "you have to get all 4" argument to be made. Buy what you like, get your favorite(s). Call it a day.

Word up. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winston is forgettable and not necessary for people to collect.(As much as i like Ernie and the character) There is no reason to buy him unless you have the disposable income, or have massive OCD.

Ghostbusters is all about the other 3... I know it, you know it, and even Ernie knows it.

There, i just made everyone's decision easier.

Or maybe you love the ENTIRE film not just the hotel part but EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE beginning to end :dunno

Either get one GB or the whole gang. Would be stupid otherwise.

I'll be getting Ray and Peter so I guess I'm stupid :lol

Not everyone has the option of getting four or even three. If they staggered them like some of the Hot Toys lines it would be better for me but all four at the same time is too much. I need to hold something back for the BTTF2 DeLorean when that goes up for pre-order.

That DeLorean will be around for a while, assuming it's ever even released - the first one still hasn't quite sold out from Sideshow after two years of it being up for pre order. And Timewalker have payment plans.

(yes I'm trying to enable you, yes. Buy buy buy)

Your not stupid, we are all stupid (according to some of my friends) for spending so much money on these things :lol

I wish they were staggered also so i am not picking up a couple figures i was thinking about getting and dropping a couple PO's. so it should all even out in the end. I am not expecting these until late spring or early summer anyway (but will be pleasantly suprised if they get them out on time).

That DeLorean will be around for a while, assuming it's ever even released - the first one still hasn't quite sold out from Sideshow after two years of it being up for pre order. And Timewalker have payment plans.

(yes I'm trying to enable you, yes. Buy buy buy)

True but from what I can tell it sold out on UK sites within weeks of release. No idea how long it had been up for pre-order. I hadn't even heard of Hot Toys before this summer...my bank account wishes it had stayed that way :lol

Your not stupid, we are all stupid (according to some of my friends) for spending so much money on these things :lol

I wish they were staggered also so i am not picking up a couple figures i was thinking about getting and dropping a couple PO's. so it should all even out in the end. I am not expecting these until late spring or early summer anyway (but will be pleasantly suprised if they get them out on time).

If buying these figures is the stupidest thing we ever do I can live with that :lol

I'll be getting Ray and Peter so I guess I'm stupid :lol

Not everyone has the option of getting four or even three. If they staggered them like some of the Hot Toys lines it would be better for me but all four at the same time is too much. I need to hold something back for the BTTF2 DeLorean when that goes up for pre-order.

I'm glad they are being all released at once. I know it's tougher financially for a lot, myself included but it will be so great to have the team together. If Hot Toys did this we would be waiting like 5 years to get the main 3 and would probably never get Winston or Slimer.

I had a look to see what was written about Slimer's size:

He is about human sized (well his hands are,) though they did make some double-scale hands.

While I guess being a ghost he can be smaller and larger at will (he definitely seems smaller in the ballroom capture) you actually see Slimer interact with normal objects in the movie - he has his mouth full of hot dogs at one point and he handles plates and bottles in the hotel, so you can pretty accurately see his hands/body in relation.

I wonder if HK sellers like Timcent will get this?

On the 3 versus 4 debate I can only afford one so I'm getting Peter but if I had the money for a three pack I'd find a little extra for the four pack.

I had a look to see what was written about Slimer's size:

Researching my own Slimer sculpt a few months ago I took measurements of the food cart in the hallway scene. The average cart height measured against his overall size in the film left me with something around twenty four inches tall with a closed mouth.

Now, he does change size due to how the puppet was made. Any extreme facial expressions would either scrunch up the body or elongate it depending on the scene. Here's an example:

slimersize_zpsfhxqfcqi.jpg

Hope I helped.

"Disgusting blob..."

There was a photo of the Blitzway Slimer close to the figures that I can't find again. It wasn't the one imitating the Hotel capture.

Was it this one?

GB_BLITZWAY_Raymond_13__14998.1472235059.180.240.jpg

I'm not sure how far back Slimer is from Ray though, so there's no way to tell how tall he is.

Thanks for the input, and the link to your Slimer. He's looking great!

Gratuitous butt shot...

rofl Thanks. He's sort of been my sculptural love affair for a while now.

He could well be changing size in the film:

There was a photo of the Blitzway Slimer close to the figures that I can't find again. It wasn't the one imitating the Hotel capture.

Yeah, even in the hot dog stand scene he seems to change size pretty noticeably between shots.

Other than the size, I'm just not really feeling the BW Slimer sculpt. RiggsMcLane's has so much personality and detail, and there's been quite a few others both official and custom (I think Rocco sculptor did one a while back on here) and I was expecting BW's to nail it, but he seems almost like a minor accessory for some reason. For me, other than the GB's themselves, he IS GB, so was hoping for something a little more.

And does anyone know what the chances are BW will go deeper into GB - like Dana or Louis or Terror Dog - or will the four guys and car be it? If it's just the guys/car, I may grab Ray as well.

Has anyone that ordered from Timewalker had problems paying with Paypal? I selected Paypal, and it told me to enter my Paypal address in the box below, but I'm not seeing any boxes. I've tried on both Chrome and IE.

Back