Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

The price is £200 cheaper than anywhere else. I hope he does honour it, but those T&Cs are too unfair and risky for me.

I think the three pack makes sense. They are the three that went after Slimer at the hotel. Winston came on board later and after that. I'm just not sure why many people would want those three and not complete the set with Winston after that. I can see Ray and Peter or Ray and Egon making a nice set up without the whole crew, but I feel like once you get that third buster in there, you might as well go all the way and get the 4th. Sure the ghost sign and (seriously?) police barricade aren't as enticing bonuses as Slimer is, but like I said, once you get those first three, you might as well compete the set so any more bonuses on top of Slimer are great, even if they aren't that exciting. Another ghost would have been more enticing.

Even before the hotel, those three were there from the very beginning of the movie.
Also, the movie poster had only those three on it.
Funny how so many are trying to justify not getting him because they feel the need to be PC. Honestly Winston wasn't a major character. He didn't do that much. Though he did have two great lines "What did you do, Ray?" and "Ray, next time someone asks you if you are a god, you say yes!".
Still, I'm going for all four.
As for that police barricade: it's really long! That's not fitting inside a detolf.

On a humorous note, you know we've taken a big step backwards as far as racism goes when we're starting to apply it to 1/6 scale toys and play that card when one chooses not to get any particular figure. :lol

#WinstonZeddemoreMatters

In all seriousness though, I purchased the Dr. 3 Pack simply because my favorite, most memorable part of the film was the Sedgwick Hotel bust with Slimer. As great of a character Winston is and as much as I liked it whenever he bonded with the guys (the Twinkie scene or the scene with he and Ray in the Ecto-1 discussing the end of the world) being that he was the new guy, overall he just didn't feel completely like one of the guys to me in the first film. When something went awry, he immediately attempted to disassociate himself from them and simply said that he just worked for them. Ghostbusters to me was more centered around Egon, Ray and Peter. Perhaps I'll add him later on down the road if I can snare him at a cheap price, but even then, I may not because of everything just explained. That would also change my planned set up though because Winston had nothing to do with Slimer in the first film. If I had Winston, I'd go for more of a Gozer set up with Terror Dogs. However, as mentioned, my most memorable part of Ghostbusters was the Sedgwick Hotel and Slimer.

He felt more like part of the group to me in Ghostbusters II. He supported them in court during their trial (I thought it would have been cool if he joined in though in busting the Scoleri Bothers) and he took part in investigations rather than simply letting the guys do it and him just tagging along for the busts. He just had a bigger role and presence overall. I also like how this time when they met with the mayor, he was part of their craziness instead of attempting to disassociate himself like in the first film.

Anyone who buys anything they merely distribute is all kinds of crazy in my view, they mark up everything to ridiculous levels, and always have. I'm sure it's a big part of what has kept them afloat, but it's not exactly overly ethical...

They must have reasons. Customs, shipping from China, etc. BCS is a good company.

Do you know of any places in the U.S. that have the Special Pack without a deposit? I was going to pick BBTS since I wouldn't have to pay the remainder until it ships so I'd have some time to save.

I hate deposits. :lol

I have them on my store now. They will be discounted as far as they can go. There won't be any deposit required.
We'll also have payment plans. I "think" the packs will have free shipping. I'm working all that out tonight.

I wish the the bonus items were better for the 4 pack over the 3 pack. The police barricade and no ghosts sign are not that impressive to me. If they would of not included those but replaced with another ghost or two or containment unit that you could put the traps in them it would be more enticing to get the 4 pack.

Initially it was Ric, ole, and Arn. A great unit.

Then Tully came in and things just clicked. And Tully fought with them side by side.

Def an argument exists to skip Winston. The other 3 formed the group, they did stuff before he arrived, and Winston showed up half way through the movie. But Winston was on that rooftop when gozer was going to destroy the city. He fought mr. Stay puft and got showered with marshmallow goo. He help convince the mayor to let the GBs fight and not go to jail.

In my book he's earned his patch and a place on the team and the shelf.

I could probably be okay without Winston, like if they produce a tiny run of him and the price gets too high, but I'd feel really weird about it.

On a humorous note, you know we've taken a big step backwards as far as racism goes when we're starting to apply it to 1/6 scale toys and play that card when one chooses not to get any particular figure. :lol

#WinstonZeddemoreMatters

In all seriousness though, I purchased the Dr. 3 Pack simply because my favorite, most memorable part of the film was the Sedgwick Hotel bust with Slimer. As great of a character Winston is and as much as I liked it whenever he bonded with the guys (the Twinkie scene or the scene with he and Ray in the Ecto-1 discussing the end of the world) being that he was the new guy, overall he just didn't feel completely like one of the guys to me in the first film. When something went awry, he immediately attempted to disassociate himself from them and simply said that he just worked for them. Ghostbusters to me was more centered around Egon, Ray and Peter. Perhaps I'll add him later on down the road if I can snare him at a cheap price, but even then, I may not because of everything just explained. That would also change my planned set up though because Winston had nothing to do with Slimer in the first film. If I had Winston, I'd go for more of a Gozer set up with Terror Dogs. However, as mentioned, my most memorable part of Ghostbusters was the Sedgwick Hotel and Slimer.

He felt more like part of the group to me in Ghostbusters II. He supported them in court during their trial (I thought it would have been cool if he joined in though in busting the Scoleri Bothers) and he took part in investigations rather than simply letting the guys do it and him just tagging along for the busts. He just had a bigger role and presence overall. I also like how this time when they met with the mayor, he was part of their craziness instead of attempting to disassociate himself like in the first film.

I'm only getting the 3 pack, mainly because Winston wasnt an original ghostbuster as silver points out. The protagonists of the film are Peter, Ray, and Egon (with Peter being the true main character of the bunch, seeing as how he’s the one with the love story). When Winston shows up halfway through Ghostbusters, the audience has already grown attached to the “big three”, and as a result, Winston’s arrival hardly even registers. He’s just some guy they hired off the street. We don’t know anything about his background, his motivation (besides money), or his goals and dreams to really give a damn about anything he does. He is the “fifth wheel” of the Ghostbusters.

Winston isn’t given enough screen time to really flesh out his character or capture your attention certainly doesn’t help his cause. Yes, if Eddie Murphy had accepted the role, Winston would have come in much earlier into the script and played a much larger role in the overall story. But as history shows, Murphy declined, and for whatever reason, Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis still left the character in the movie, albeit in a severely reduced role.

Here is a quote from Ernie Hudson about his role in Ghostbusters 1

"The night before filming begins, however, I get this new script and it was shocking.

The character was gone. Instead of coming in at the very beginning of the movie, like page 8, the character came in on page 68 after the Ghostbusters were established. His elaborate background was all gone, replaced by me walking in and saying, “If there’s a steady paycheck in it, I’ll believe anything you say.” So that was pretty devastating.

I’m panicked. I don’t sleep that night. It was like my worst nightmare is happening. The next morning, I rush to the set and plead my case. And Ivan basically says, “The studio felt that they had Bill Murray, so they wanted to give him more stuff to do.” I go, “Okay, I understand that, but can I even be there when they’re established?” And of course, he said no, there’s nothing to do about it. It was kind of awkward, and it became sort of the elephant in the room."

Now if this was ghostbusters 2 then i would need him as his role was greatly expanded.

Either get one GB or the whole gang. Would be stupid otherwise.

Black Busters matter.
image.jpeg

A lot of bad reports. I used them before, but never again. Took a long time to get my money back from them and they still stung me for Paypal fees.

Kuat has already posted that CDUK have promised the highest they'll be with them is £830 with delivery (4 pack).
Don't forget with cduk if you pay in full up front there's normally a discount too... I'm going for the 3 pack from them, payment up front using the reward points I have. I'd love the 4 pack but I just can't stretch that far unfortunately...

Now if this was ghostbusters 2 then i would need him as his role was greatly expanded.

This is an odd argument to me. There probably aren't going to be Ghostbusters II figures made by Blitzway... so why not just get a GB1 Winston to represent both films? There aren't that many differences in the uniforms, just the odd bit here and there.

Dont get me wrong the 4 pack would be great but I don't need to spend an additional 200 bucks on a character that is really just an extra in the 1rst movie, I'd rather put the $$$ towards the ecto1. Also I'm not a huge fan of GB2, if they had made figures for ghostbusters 2 instead I'd probably still just be inclined to buy the main 3 to represent the first film. If money grew on trees I wouldn't 2nd guess buying Winston but it is what it is.

This is an odd argument to me. There probably aren't going to be Ghostbusters II figures made by Blitzway... so why not just get a GB1 Winston to represent both films? There aren't that many differences in the uniforms, just the odd bit here and there.

Winston or Ray Slimeblower!

I'm only getting the 3 pack, mainly because Winston wasnt an original ghostbuster as silver points out. The protagonists of the film are Peter, Ray, and Egon (with Peter being the true main character of the bunch, seeing as how he’s the one with the love story). When Winston shows up halfway through Ghostbusters, the audience has already grown attached to the “big three”, and as a result, Winston’s arrival hardly even registers. He’s just some guy they hired off the street. We don’t know anything about his background, his motivation (besides money), or his goals and dreams to really give a damn about anything he does. He is the “fifth wheel” of the Ghostbusters.

Winston isn’t given enough screen time to really flesh out his character or capture your attention certainly doesn’t help his cause. Yes, if Eddie Murphy had accepted the role, Winston would have come in much earlier into the script and played a much larger role in the overall story. But as history shows, Murphy declined, and for whatever reason, Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis still left the character in the movie, albeit in a severely reduced role.

Here is a quote from Ernie Hudson about his role in Ghostbusters 1

"The night before filming begins, however, I get this new script and it was shocking.

The character was gone. Instead of coming in at the very beginning of the movie, like page 8, the character came in on page 68 after the Ghostbusters were established. His elaborate background was all gone, replaced by me walking in and saying, “If there’s a steady paycheck in it, I’ll believe anything you say.” So that was pretty devastating.

I’m panicked. I don’t sleep that night. It was like my worst nightmare is happening. The next morning, I rush to the set and plead my case. And Ivan basically says, “The studio felt that they had Bill Murray, so they wanted to give him more stuff to do.” I go, “Okay, I understand that, but can I even be there when they’re established?” And of course, he said no, there’s nothing to do about it. It was kind of awkward, and it became sort of the elephant in the room."

Dont get me wrong the 4 pack would be great but I don't need to spend an additional 200 bucks on a character that is really just an extra in the 1rst movie, I'd rather put the $$$ towards the ecto1. Also I'm not a huge fan of GB2, if they had made figures for ghostbusters 2 instead I'd probably still just be inclined to buy the main 3 to represent the first film. If money grew on trees I wouldn't 2nd guess buying Winston but it is what it is.

My sentiments as well.

And I understand cmiller99's statement that there probably won't be GB II figures (even if there were, I wouldn't get them because I much prefer the first film) so you might as well get all four from the first film to represent them, but to be frank, Winston's diminished role in the film doesn't make him worth $224 to me to have. The original three are, but as I mentioned, if I can add Winston later on at a cheap price then perhaps I'll do it. Initially though, I can live without him in my collection and stick with the Sedgwick Hotel Slimer set up.

Even then, I don't know why there has to be an "argument" or having to explain yourself as to why you're not getting a particular figure in the first place. Get who you want and what you want. You don't have to justify it to anyone because of a political topic that people find so polarizing; just like nobody has to justify to anyone why they're getting the four pack or any particular single figure.

Yeah i'm not a fan of BGII either, I have watched the 1st film probably over a hundred times easy but part 2 maybe several times (if that). I don't think anyone needs to justify why they buying what they are buying. Just buy what you want and ignore everyone else. I'm getting everyone and everything but that's is me if someone wants one, two or three it should not matter. We should just be happy these are being made.

Edit: me and sliverstar are thinking the same :duff

Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

So the discussion of acquiring Winston is still going on I see. As I mentioned before...you just have to have all 4 to have the complete team. I loved his character in the films, wish they utilized him more. However even though the new Ghostbusters film was atrocious, the use of Leslie Jones' character was even worse. Made me love Hudson's contribution even more in the originals. He's honestly a grail figure for me at this point, especially after the nonsense that the current movie manifested itself to be. Lol. But again, to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i'm not a fan of BGII either, I have watched the 1st film probably over a hundred times easy but part 2 maybe several times (if that). I don't think anyone needs to justify why they buying what they are buying. Just buy what you want and ignore everyone else. I'm getting everyone and everything but that's is me if someone wants one, two or three it should not matter. We should just be happy these are being made.

Edit: me and sliverstar are thinking the same :duff

:duff

Back