Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Lemme tell ya something, trollin' makes me feel good.

curly mustache (which you oil daily and keep in a hair-net at night)]

lord_melchett_s51_zpsfb2b644f.jpg

It all makes so much sense to me now.

Baaaah.

You beat me by an hour I even downloaded pics haha yeah I will mostly likely be doing that!
fec6e8399e2b1e30e4be7791e6974761.jpg

Beautiful idea. Man, now I want the Ernie Hudson GB so bad. He's a very likeable, he just wasn't given a lot to work with in the film.

Don't know if this has been posted, if so sorry I asked someone at the booth the price and it's not final but it's either $220 or $230 per figure.

That just seems low, when checking the market. If so, it would be fantastic.

What chance do people think that they will only release these as a pack? I'm not used to company's showing all of them at once.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

What chance do people think that they will only release these as a pack? I'm not used to company's showing all of them at once.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Unlikely, they need to make money after all. We can assume they'll probably sell the 4 pack at a lower profit margin than the individual releases in order maximize revenue and cater to both types of collectors.

These are very nice but not sure I would buy all 4 if that is the price point. I have the 12" gb2 mattey collectors 2 pack of winston and Peter so maybe I would just get ray and egon. Although the head sculpt on Peter is so much better on these.

I'm in for these regardless, but I'm hoping that whatever figure bodies they use the joints are stiff enough to hold the weight of the proton packs and maintain poses without having to rely on the display stands. This is a set that just won't look right displayed in the common museum pose, but will look best without a display stand to hold them up.

I'm in for these regardless, but I'm hoping that whatever figure bodies they use the joints are stiff enough to hold the weight of the proton packs and maintain poses without having to rely on the display stands. This is a set that just won't look right displayed in the common museum pose, but will look best without a display stand to hold them up.

Amen to that. I Don`t like stands to hold up 1/6 figurines. Now these standing by the Ecto-1 with display standes would not look as good without.

I don't mind museum poses in some instances, say for space limitations, there are just some that have to be dynamic. This is one of those sets I believe. I would hope the joints remain rigid enough to allow for a variety of different stances. Some figures I've owned over the years have been so flimsy, the display stands won't even allow for anything other than a museum pose, whereas some are so rigid that I fear breakage when simply trying to raise an arm or bend a leg at the knee. I can't wait for these to go live for order next month! Just an awesome surprise this year!

Except also, you know... Racist.

I would disagree, depending on the circumstance. I don't think merely referring to/describing someone by their skin pigmentation or ethnicity if you don't know how else to identify them at a particular moment is necessarily racist. But that's neither here nor there in a 1/6 toy thread.

Should be some fun around here once they actually announce the real price.

Indeed. Can't wait. :lol

I would disagree, depending on the circumstance. I don't think referring to/describing someone by their skin tone or ethnicity if you don't know how else to identify them at a particular moment is necessarily racist. But that's neither here nor there in a 1/6 toy thread.

It wasn't the first time.

It wasn't the first time.

I gleaned that. Hence, why I said depending on the circumstance. In this particular instance I glean that the intent was to be derogatory and elicit emotional responses out of people, which it seemingly did.

I don't mind museum poses in some instances, say for space limitations, there are just some that have to be dynamic. This is one of those sets I believe. I would hope the joints remain rigid enough to allow for a variety of different stances. Some figures I've owned over the years have been so flimsy, the display stands won't even allow for anything other than a museum pose, whereas some are so rigid that I fear breakage when simply trying to raise an arm or bend a leg at the knee. I can't wait for these to go live for order next month! Just an awesome surprise this year!

:exactly:

Between the two, I'd personally prefer joints that are more rigid than loose.

I gleaned that. Hence, why I said depending on the circumstance. In this particular instance I glean that the intent was to be derogatory and elicit emotional responses out of people, which it seemingly did.

But the "circumstance" wasn't the first time. Hence Pixel's comment which you argued with. It was repeated over and over, like you also said, "to be derogatory and elicit emotional responses".

It wasn't the second or third time even. And when you read a dozen or more posts from that guy you know it's definitely racist.

I'm on the same page as you:

But the "circumstance" wasn't the first time. Hence Pixel's comment which you argued with. It was repeated over and over, like you also said, "to be derogatory and elicit emotional responses".

I have no idea how some manage to sneak past mods and yet thread cleaning is rather popular here normally.

Anyway, I think this thread has been derailed long enough. . .

Back