Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get the 89 Batmobile and the Delorean and you certainly got the 4 more iconic movie cars!
:wink1:

Are you able to put a small dab of glue from the inside and then press the windshield into that? The glue would be less visible I would think if done that way. Just a thought.

Might be my only option, but the windshield REALLY doesn't want to stay in that position. I'm waiting for the rep to respond on their suggestion.

Due to the size of this beast I decided early on that I'd have to design an acrylic display that doubled as an entertainment unit for my collection room.

I made it big enough for the vehicle and all 4 figures whilst making the base with cavities to house a gaming console and DVD player. The case is complete but I'm still polishing it up and moving the old entertainment unit out to make room for this plus a bit of rearranging haha. I will post pics when it's all sorted.

For those interested here is a drawing along with the internal measurements of the case. The case itself is made from 6mm clear acrylic and the base is 4.5mm gloss black acrylic.
035daf6c6ad4cd1f7716b2e3d10ac04a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Finished product.
cd7fc89ff8bfd030730a625b0509e51f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Should put Winston laying on the bonnet looking at some maps.

But how will you dust off the acrylic to avoid scratching them in the future? won't glass be a better option for durability and also act as a table you can put stuffs on it?

BTW will the PS4 get hot inside that small space?

Looks amazing! Mind if I ask what that cost?

Cheers mate. You're looking at quite a bit of acrylic. Everything in Australia is a rip off haha so if you live in the States I'd imagine this would be much cheaper to build.

Should put Winston laying on the bonnet looking at some maps.

But how will you dust off the acrylic to avoid scratching them in the future? won't glass be a better option for durability and also act as a table you can put stuffs on it?

BTW will the PS4 get hot inside that small space?

I use a microfiber cloth to dust all my acrylic cases (I have a few) and once in a blue moon I use an acrylic polish to rejuvenate the acrylic. The areas in the base are actually larger than what the ps4 was kept in prior to this. The areas allow plenty on space on both sides and above for air flow plus the recess is 20" deep with openings at the back for cable management, so far I've had no issues with heat. Making it out of actual glass was not a realistic proposition. Not only would it have been incredibly expensive but stupid heavy as well. Not something I'd ever want to attempt to move either!

That?s an Awesome Display ! The PS4 controller put it in perspective .

Cheers man!

ECTO-1 finally arrived from BBTS today. The box is definitely huge. Not sure when I’ll get around to opening and displaying. Hopefully everything works well. I recently saw a fantastic looking Winston repaint on FB. Eventually I’d like to add a custom possessed Dana.

Cheers mate. You're looking at quite a bit of acrylic. Everything in Australia is a rip off haha so if you live in the States I'd imagine this would be much cheaper to build.

I use a microfiber cloth to dust all my acrylic cases (I have a few) and once in a blue moon I use an acrylic polish to rejuvenate the acrylic. The areas in the base are actually larger than what the ps4 was kept in prior to this. The areas allow plenty on space on both sides and above for air flow plus the recess is 20" deep with openings at the back for cable management, so far I've had no issues with heat. Making it out of actual glass was not a realistic proposition. Not only would it have been incredibly expensive but stupid heavy as well. Not something I'd ever want to attempt to move either!

Cheers man!

hmm i always thought glasses are cheaper than the super expensive acrylics. anyway even with microfiber the dust tend to leave micro scratches when you wipe it. even with a blower there are dust that already stuck on the surface that requires wiping. maybe damped cloth may work but eventually there will be marks. how does the acrylic polish works? do they fill in the micro scratches and do they leave oil stains when reflected?

hmm i always thought glasses are cheaper than the super expensive acrylics. anyway even with microfiber the dust tend to leave micro scratches when you wipe it. even with a blower there are dust that already stuck on the surface that requires wiping. maybe damped cloth may work but eventually there will be marks. how does the acrylic polish works? do they fill in the micro scratches and do they leave oil stains when reflected?

I couldn't tell you how it works on a molecular level man all I can tell you is that I look after my stuff and every acrylic cover I have is in great condition and some of them I've had going on 10 years.

In case anyone's interested in an alternative to the lame speaker feature Blitzway integrated into this piece... I picked up this $35 bluetooth speaker at Target. It's very compact (same exact size as the gray box on the roof rack), so stick it in the back of the car (or behind it...depending on how you're displaying it), cue up a good GB-themed playlist, and there you go. I haven't even tried utilizing the built-in chip/speaker system, but I'm willing to bet the JBL speaker sounds WAY better.

JBL_Speaker.jpg

In case anyone's interested in an alternative to the lame speaker feature Blitzway integrated into this piece... I picked up this $35 bluetooth speaker at Target. It's very compact (same exact size as the gray box on the roof rack), so stick it in the back of the car (or behind it...depending on how you're displaying it), cue up a good GB-themed playlist, and there you go. I haven't even tried utilizing the built-in chip/speaker system, but I'm willing to bet the JBL speaker sounds WAY better.

View attachment 487148

Nice find! Thanks. Looks like the JBL GO2 - Waterproof Ultra Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Black in case anyone else is searching for it.

Nice find! Thanks. Looks like the JBL GO2 - Waterproof Ultra Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Black in case anyone else is searching for it.

i don't know if there is any drawback plugging in portable speakers all the time. does it switch over to AC when battery is full and stop charging the batteries?

ECTO-1 finally arrived from BBTS today. The box is definitely huge. Not sure when I?ll get around to opening and displaying. Hopefully everything works well. I recently saw a fantastic looking Winston repaint on FB. Eventually I?d like to add a custom possessed Dana.

That?s great. Dude....You gotta have an epic ceremonial unboxing for that thing. Movie in the background family around, fire burning. This thing is amazing.

WE,VE GOT ONE....
Finally after months of waiting I finally took delivery of my Ecto 1. Bit late to the party but better late then never, especially with this beast.
Looks like I got a good one. Really grateful to be honest Blitzway made this for us fans.
I posted a quick vid if anyone is interested. So many ways to display this.....
https://youtu.be/_qnR9aDjvXU

My cabinet is currently being built, can someone measure how wide it is please, what's the total width? I'm worried that it won't fit in or it will be right up against the glass.

I may have to put something else in there.

Going from the sideshow dimensions it's about 0.9mm too wide for the case!

WE,VE GOT ONE....
Finally after months of waiting I finally took delivery of my Ecto 1. Bit late to the party but better late then never, especially with this beast.
Looks like I got a good one. Really grateful to be honest Blitzway made this for us fans.
I posted a quick vid if anyone is interested. So many ways to display this.....
https://youtu.be/_qnR9aDjvXU

Excellent review and I'm glad you've got the four fellas to go with it. Looks great

I finally got mine the other day- I had put off picking it up for a while - but it seemed to have the usual 'problems' - overall it is amazing. One of the light bars wouldnt light up at all - and luckily? this one had either weak glue or no glue applied at all to a few spots - the cover of the electronics of the roof popped up easily - and I was able to plug the blue/white cable in for the light bar that wasnt lighting up.

Neither of the light bar siren arrays were spinning - 10 min warm up thing did squat - tapping did squat - trying to lift up the middle grey/gear box didnt work - it seemed like this was the one spot they actually heavily glued.

the entire light bar structure came off - one of the blue light bar covers had a threaded screw which more or less melted when I tried unscrewing it - top quality screws I guess..

blah blah - they really cheaped out on all these parts - but the reason my lights were not spinning was due to the gears being 'pinched' inside the housing from being screwed down too tight. I broke the glue for the gear housing to get a better look - and to actually confirm it was spinning.. its just the gears being pinched prevented them all from rotating..

pictures are worth a 1000 words so here is what it looks like - dont be afraid to get in there and fix it - boxing this thing up and exchanging it for another because it was 'broken' isnt really feasible - shouldnt have to do it - but dont be a wuss and fix it if you can.

Attachments

• IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1158.jpg
    IMG_1158.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1159.jpg
    IMG_1159.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg