Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So as I sit and admire this beauty I can?t help but to wonder about discoloration of the white plastic over time. I have concern about this white plastic potentially turning yellow over time? Is there risk of that happening? I am not sure...

I had mine held for pickup because I was at work and wouldn't have been able to sign. I wouldn't recommend this unless you have a large transport vehicle, fortunately I do. No chance period with a regular car. BBTS actually double boxed, but FedEx still whammo-ed it good. I think the delivery guys get frustrated and just say F your box. It will be a nervous inspection later tonight or tomorrow.

The light bar issue as I showed before was a snap to fix and the small adjustments to the inner cogs on both give the rotating effects exactly what was shown at the SDCC...

Great idea for that fix...

Just separating the siren section from the light bar must be done slowly and with a real thin fine blade...

Don?t force it, just pull up slowly and it will split away...

I?m very very happy with it now...

I can?t find anything else to complain about it...

The lights now look a million times better...
Awesome, just awesome looking...

Got notification back from Sideshow on the QC issues, they gave me 2 options. 1. They?ve exhausted all their inventory and can not do an exchanged but I can return it for a full refund.

2. Partial credit for $100.

People talk about customer service being a good reason to order from SSC ... yet this is the response you get.

They didn't 'exhaust their inventory' they just don't want to incur the expense of replacing your item.

People talk about customer service being a good reason to order from SSC ... yet this is the response you get.

They didn't 'exhaust their inventory' they just don't want to incur the expense of replacing your item.

How many do they have left?

They are not perfect but they have incured the expense to replace a big statue for me before so i don't buy that argument. I was honestly suprised they did it because it was a pretty big box.

I love their customer service.

Love this! I was lucky enough to pick this up in person so I got a perfect shippers box and a perfect showroom box. No defects in the Ecto 1 at all.
Very happy with my purchase!

Attachments

• IMG_20200223_160231898.jpg
    IMG_20200223_160231898.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 176
I had mine held for pickup because I was at work and wouldn't have been able to sign. I wouldn't recommend this unless you have a large transport vehicle, fortunately I do. No chance period with a regular car. BBTS actually double boxed, but FedEx still whammo-ed it good. I think the delivery guys get frustrated and just say F your box. It will be a nervous inspection later tonight or tomorrow.

WTF lol, how the hell did they double box it?!

I would like to do one more fix on this light bar issue...

The blue sections of the inner light bars have that center square in between the rotating lights right..

I want to place aluminum tape around them so they will act as reflective mirrors to bounce off the activated lights and look better...

The problem is...

This can crack if pulled and will show the cracks...

A hair dryer or heat gun can cause the plastic to melt/contract/curl up...

Or just leave this one alone...

So as a suggestion to anyone who?s nads got bent out of shape because the light didn?t rotate as what we saw at SDCC...

Fix those light...

I?m telling you; they look way way better...

Someone just posted this, showing how he was able to offset the rotation to make it more accurate. I'm not exactly sure what he did, but it looks a lot better. And he also fixed the headlights as well.

It is easy to offset rotation. Lift the center silver motor mount and offset rotation via the exposed gear for each side. When you reinstall the center motor piece with the drive gear, it rotates offset. From Blitzway, the reflectors are spinning aligned and in unison.

Maybe some parts will start to yellow a bit way down the road. But the main car body is painted so I don't see anything happening with that.

even paints do yellow over time. just like real cars. but of course you don't put your toy under hot sun or UV emitting light bulbs. but still, they do yellow over time unless it has some anti UV coating. you can try to give it a nice anti UV wax (pure wax no polish) assume all the decals & chromes are clear coated.

if you plan to put batteries in long term better get something like Panasonic Eneloop to avoid leaks and Eneloop last longer and can be reused.

Gentlemen.

I'm an not an audiophile, nor do I own this wonderful looking piece.

And I may be way wrong...but they didn't include a siren sound effect?? That's blasphemy.

Here's an MP3 I just made of the isolated siren wailing for 5 minutes. I can't vouch for 100% movie authenticity, but I think it sounds good. I'm sure my neighbors loved me working on this at 2:30 in the morning.

I hope this is in some way helpful. If it sucks or was not necessary....sorry. Just trying to help out.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/kh2cmk

Just got my the regular box out of the shipper. Have to give BBTS props for double boxing. There was a huge ding in the bottom of the box that went through BBTS layer, the shipper box and punctured the air filled plastic barrier between the regular box and the shipper. But the art box appears undamaged which is appreciated no doubt only worked because it was double boxed by BBTS.

Love this! I was lucky enough to pick this up in person so I got a perfect shippers box and a perfect showroom box. No defects in the Ecto 1 at all.
Very happy with my purchase!

My wife would go nuts for the Lost in Space Robot. Epic display you've got there.....
My Ecto is still coming by boat. I'm enjoying all the pics and vids so far though.

The wires that need to be connected on top of the Ecto are bit tricky. Here is an easy and safe way to do this on your own.

Loosely angle in the two contact points of the top rack on the passenger side while keeping the driver side of the rack angled up you can still access all the wires. Put a cloth towel on the roof of the Ecto directly behind the front rotating blue light strip to protect the white roof paint and rest a roll of packaging tape flat on top of the towel. Then rest the top rack on the tape roll with the driver side of the rack still angled up. This frees up both your hands and gives you enough space to work and still enough slack to connect the wires. Then just pull the towel and tape roll out and firmly secure all four contact points of the rack.

Back