Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TurdFurguson and Bgnyc007 hope you guys don?t have any QC issues like I did.

I?ll be contacting SideShow tomorrow and informing them about the QC issues I had. I was able to get the rear roof lights to start spinning by simply unplugging and plugging the wires back it. Unfortunately the front ones still won?t spin. I?ve had them on for about 10 minutes now and still nothing. I know some have mention it needs time to warm up but don?t think it should take this long. I may have some sort of wiring issue. I also tried tapping on them.

Still need to upload music onto the SD Card which is frustrating and also buy a portable power supply for the usb plug.

Overall the Ecto-1 is amazing and I?m glad to finally have it in my collection.
Once I figure out how to upload music files onto the SD Card I?ll do a short video. Probably won?t be until tomorrow. Sorry for all the photos.

31d5c20b422490437c2ba838cfeaad11.jpg

a01e7ff4c0ec8a24faf40e1623e298d8.jpg
6a64861295ff9f12e80539b5266ea34b.jpg
6b07da15257b7568cfbd2cbdb6fc7734.jpg
c89bc3ba97d98d0a2f0d9cfb1ed29810.jpg
e22507e5513daabf814be56d8f7cc770.jpg
ecc1537824e42261f3f42c7c7cab332c.jpg
6345c1c75d2773fa578df665e66c0e0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that does seem like an awful lot of QC issues for one car. I could probably live with most of that, but would still at least want those sirens to rotate like they should.

Unfortunately that seems to be a pretty common problem with a lot of these so far. :(

Brilliant, amazing figures from Blitzway.
Cost cutting, poor paint aps and plain cheap looking Ecto from Blitzway. I have it, not trying to fool myself into thinking it's great because I bought it.

Really eh? That?s too bad. Do you regret buying it?

Got notification back from Sideshow on the QC issues, they gave me 2 options. 1. They?ve exhausted all their inventory and can not do an exchanged but I can return it for a full refund.

2. Partial credit for $100.

I tried to mess with the wires again and cannot get the front lights to rotate. Still need to pick up a portable battery and sd card reader for the music.

Got notification back from Sideshow on the QC issues, they gave me 2 options. 1. They?ve exhausted all their inventory and can not do an exchanged but I can return it for a full refund.

I tried to mess with the wires again and cannot get the front lights to rotate. Still need to pick up a portable battery and sd card reader for the music.

I wound up taking them up on their offer for a full return. The $1600 in my pocket made up for my disappointments. I?m not 100 percent i made the right decision. But the money is nice.

Not really a great choice there. Either you keep the damaged Ecto or you just don't get one at all.

Ridiculous that they don't let you hold out for a replacement from a later shipment. And now I worry that I might get one of the defective ones people returned...

Not really a great choice there. Either you keep the damaged Ecto or you just don't get one at all.

Ridiculous that they don't let you hold out for a replacement from a later shipment. And now I worry that I might get one of the defective ones people returned...

Yeah that sucks!!!

As much as the costs to ship i doubt they would want to be shipping defective ones back and forth.

BBTS is an option

Sorry to hear, neither of those options are very good. Especially if you really want to have the Ecto in your collection. I feel like $100 is too low considering the problems you are having. I'll be a bit nervous when I open mine up.

Mine is easy to spot. There’s a hole in the art box.

What is the exact length of this beast? I've heard conflicting reports. Some have said 45 inches and others 47 inches. I've heard it's 21 inches tall from the equipment and 17 inches wide. I want to get the mod case in this link as it would be the perfect size for my den but just not sure. Wanted to have the mod case before I get my Delorean. This case says it's 47.2 inches long but I assume that's the outside and not the inside where it would count.

https://us.moducase.xyz/df120-display-cube-l120-d60-h65-cm-l47-2-d23-6-h25-6/

Was wondering the same thing.

Back