Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who ordered through Sideshow, how soon did you receive it after being charged? 2 or 3 days after? I'm just trying to work out if I'll need to have someone wait at home for mine or not...

For those who ordered through Sideshow, how soon did you receive it after being charged? 2 or 3 days after? I'm just trying to work out if I'll need to have someone wait at home for mine or not...

Mines charged and shipped the same day. Well charged that night and shipped in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I randomly turned on the siren lights and just knocked (like knocking on a door) on the back lights center grey piece and they started rotating, my back lights are rotating and staying rotating this time wow! Just let them run with knocking kicks it in.
e79f685c41f075591086c374a5ef1431.jpg

So I randomly turned on the siren lights and just knocked (like knocking on a door) on the back lights center grey piece and they started rotating, my back lights are rotating and staying rotating this time wow! Just let them run with knocking kicks it in.
e79f685c41f075591086c374a5ef1431.jpg

A very similar thing happened to me last night when I unboxed this. When I put in the batteries and turned them on the front lights began slowly rotating and then picked up speed while the rear ones lit up but did not spin. I tapped on them several times and got no response. I left them on for over 20 minutes because others have stated that they just started working after a period of time. And sure enough when I was probably about a minute from turning them off they started to rotate. And now they work every time they are activated. Really strange.

A few impressions...

The Good:
The white paint job is really nice. The roof components don't feel as cheap in hand as I expected. The gurney is great. I love that they made actual license plates instead of cheaping out like HT on the Delorean. Now that the light up function works it's pretty cool to see and the switches are in places that are actually accessible. Pretty nice detail under the hood and decent inside the car.

The Bad:
A couple kinda loose fitting parts. The back doors close flush, but the front doors not as much. The front doors kinda spring back a little when I try to fully close them.

The Ugly:
In hand the chrome is indeed way too silver and not chrome enough, ugh! If you want to see what the chrome should look like, see the Hot Toys 1/6 Genisys Endoskeleton. They completely destroyed the sound function of this vehicle. Who wants to run a wired power source off the top of the car with no preloaded sound? Better to place an old cell phone or bluetooth speakers inside or underneath the car. And lastly it's absolutely ridiculous that they goofed on the inside of the red fins and cheaply covered their tracks with vinyl decals, ugh again!

Overall I'm thrilled to own this thing, it's really impressive sitting right in front of you. Pictures and measurements can't really prepare you for the size. It's still one of the coolest things in my collection but unfortunately it could have been near perfect if the chrome paint was more realistic and the rear fins were properly painted instead of inexplicably using vinyl decals.

Got my WL conversion email from Sideshow, joined the day it was waitlisted, happy days, hope to get a mint one [emoji28]

Anyone from the US who uses a vendor that gets their inventory from SS still waiting for their vendor to ship?

My vendor still hasn't updated me. I know these are coming in batches, but usually BBTS is one of the later vendors to start shipping and people are getting their ectos from them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Got my WL conversion email from Sideshow, joined the day it was waitlisted, happy days, hope to get a mint one [emoji28]

Congrats and welcome to the party. This piece is a grail and when it is gone which will be soon people will feel that pinch. This is truly a collectors masterpiece. It is unreal when in hand, enjoy!

Congrats and welcome to the party. This piece is a grail and when it is gone which will be soon people will feel that pinch. This is truly a collectors masterpiece. It is unreal when in hand, enjoy!

Oh man cant wait! was waiting for in hand pics and shipping quotes before commit but it was waitlisted, was so gutted but glad I got a second chance !

Any US customers still waiting for this to ship? If so, you buy from SS or another vendor? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The main retailers I know of seem to all be shipping now. Sideshow, BBTS, Timewalker are all shipping or have shipped I believe.

Back