Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TurdFurguson and Bgnyc007 hope you guys don?t have any QC issues like I did.

I?ll be contacting SideShow tomorrow and informing them about the QC issues I had. I was able to get the rear roof lights to start spinning by simply unplugging and plugging the wires back it. Unfortunately the front ones still won?t spin. I?ve had them on for about 10 minutes now and still nothing. I know some have mention it needs time to warm up but don?t think it should take this long. I may have some sort of wiring issue. I also tried tapping on them.

Still need to upload music onto the SD Card which is frustrating and also buy a portable power supply for the usb plug.

Overall the Ecto-1 is amazing and I?m glad to finally have it in my collection.
Once I figure out how to upload music files onto the SD Card I?ll do a short video. Probably won?t be until tomorrow. Sorry for all the photos.

31d5c20b422490437c2ba838cfeaad11.jpg

a01e7ff4c0ec8a24faf40e1623e298d8.jpg
6a64861295ff9f12e80539b5266ea34b.jpg
6b07da15257b7568cfbd2cbdb6fc7734.jpg
c89bc3ba97d98d0a2f0d9cfb1ed29810.jpg
e22507e5513daabf814be56d8f7cc770.jpg
ecc1537824e42261f3f42c7c7cab332c.jpg
6345c1c75d2773fa578df665e66c0e0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 Minute warm up... Did you try tapping the top of the light bar as well... After 7 to 10 minutes tap the middle section of the light bar which is where the motor is located... This trick worked for the rear light bar one of the ecto 1's I received... Hopefully you can get if figured out...

The vehicle is in excellent shape no door issues or cracks etc. however I?m working on getting the wiring connected right as electronics set up. Instructions said AA batteries but in fact you need AAA batteries. Here is a quick pic!
b17fbcf3d6fb187d43c51bed250fc1b8.jpg

I made the mistake and unraveled one of the wires that were in the back of the vehicle trunk area be extremely careful when taking the battery component it out the trunk area. It says it in the instructions caution, but I managed to get it back together, I had to splice the wire and reconnect.
316397d7e06068102e723dbf8685d3be.jpg

So I tapped the rear sirens after leaving this light cycle on for about 15 minutes tapping it right in the middle in between the blue sirens it did start to rotate this tells me that the gears as mentioned in the fix might be a little bit tight or clogged.

So I tapped the rear sirens after leaving this light cycle on for about 15 minutes tapping it right in the middle in between the blue sirens it did start to rotate this tells me that the gears as mentioned in the fix might be a little bit tight or clogged.

Is this something you think will be necessary every time, or does it work immediately after you have it turning once?

10 Minute warm up... Did you try tapping the top of the light bar as well... After 7 to 10 minutes tap the middle section of the light bar which is where the motor is located... This trick worked for the rear light bar one of the ecto 1's I received... Hopefully you can get if figured out...

Yep, tried that yesterday and it didn?t work.

Glad the tapping worked for you, unfortunately it didn?t for me. Good to know you didn?t have that many issues. I?ll have to see what else I can come up with to fix mines.

Someone just posted this, showing how he was able to offset the rotation to make it more accurate. I'm not exactly sure what he did, but it looks a lot better. And he also fixed the headlights as well.

Is there a siren sound?

The instructions mentioned it?s included. I loaded Ray Parker onto the SD card but only hear the song but no siren.

Sorry if this was answered in a previous post.

Welcome guys, I ordered a micro sd card reader so I can add the files to the provided micro sd. I want to get a few hits from the soundtrack on there.

Back