Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fix???

Well if You do have this light bar problem; I would use the electrical grease on the cog... This would live up the outer two cog that sandwich the cog attached to the motor that?s attached to the chrome siren bar grill...

The chrome siren bar grill appeared to be over glued on mine cause the cog to press downwards and missing the gear teeth on the other two cogs...

I?m probably going to adhere the siren grill to the lower part with a chrome metal duct tape...

In case the motor goes out in the future...

Other then that, I could not find anything wrong with mine...

Mine arrived on Friday. The car is AWESOME.

Haven't decided the exact placement of the car yet, but the plan all along was to have it next to the Ghostbusters Headquarters building in my New York City area in the basement. Still have a lot more to do to finish up the remaining buildings in the larger diorama, but the Headquarters building is mostly complete.

View attachment 478942

Get that out of your basement... and into your living room, stat!

Has anyone who ordered from BBTS heard anything? I swear they must somehow be last in line for every single product that hits the market.

I'm amazed the light bars were not tested prior to installation.

I'm sure these were all tested at least once to make sure the electronics were working, because they obviously want to minimize returns as much as possible. But some of the connections probably still get knocked loose during shipping anyway, or the motors get jammed against something so they don't turn as freely as they should.

Has anyone who ordered from BBTS heard anything? I swear they must somehow be last in line for every single product that hits the market.

I?ve only heard horrible things about that store. Especially regarding preorders.
Just go through a few google reviews to see what I?m talking about.

I?ve only heard horrible things about that store. Especially regarding preorders.
Just go through a few google reviews to see what I?m talking about.

The only time I had heard bad issues were with the Yondu preorder where they and a bunch of other retailers got shorted. Otherwise they're definitely reliable.

Unfortunately that's just how BBTS is. They are great in every other aspect, but with EVERYTHING they sell, they don't get it in stock until 1-3 weeks after everyone else has it in store. I assume that with the volume of stuff they have, it probably just takes them that long to process items coming into the warehouse. It would be awesome if they fixed that issue.

I have purchased 3 Ecto 1s in total... All have been tested... 2 all lights worked perfectly... One the light bars were not spinning... The gear grease on the motors were the issue... It was an easy fix.... Run lightbar for 7 to 10 minutes to let heat up... Than tap the top of the light bar... Both the front and back light bars started spinning...

I purchased a 4th ecto 1 one for an employee for reaching a sales goal... He is big fan of the movies... He had the same issue with the lightbars... Same formula worked... . Run lightbar for 7 to 10 minutes to let heat up... Than tap the top of the light bar...

Blitzway put a life time amount of grease on gears to ensure they spin without an issue...

If you have the money and the space for both the vehicle and giant box... I would highly recommend getting this model and ASAP... Most stores are sold out...

BBTS has charged and is shipping via FedEx, I just got notice. I also see that it appears they have 3 Ectos remaining and the price is now $50 higher.

Quick rant since my review kinda took off in popularity-
Is anyone else tired of the "This is not worth the price", "Eaglmoss is better", "Hotwheels is better" "Hot Toys did a better job on their cars" comments? I sure am. It has it's flaws yes, but I challenge anyone to show me a better display than the Blitzway 4 pack and Ecto.

So I’ve been paying my local store in instalments for the Ecto1, and I’ll be able to pick it up soon. I feel on the fence now though, since there wasn’t a collective “it’s pure awesomeness” from everyone here who bought one.
Am I making a mistake? Does anyone wish they hadn’t bought it?

Quick rant since my review kinda took off in popularity-
Is anyone else tired of the "This is not worth the price", "Eaglmoss is better", "Hotwheels is better" "Hot Toys did a better job on their cars" comments? I sure am. It has it's flaws yes, but I challenge anyone to show me a better display than the Blitzway 4 pack and Ecto.
The 4 pack of ghostbusters on their own is incredible. That’s a separate thing altogether. Probably my favourite figures I own.

Back