Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Front doors on my ecto1 dont close flush to the body, otherwise its pretty awesome. Well worth the wait.

I found on mine if you try to close them gently or slowly they tend to do that, but if you shut them hard (obviously not too hard) they shut flush.

Also in looking at mine more, I think the body is fiberglass. Which would make sense since the cost of tooling that large of a piece of plastic would be very expensive.

I found on mine if you try to close them gently or slowly they tend to do that, but if you shut them hard (obviously not too hard) they shut flush.

Also in looking at mine more, I think the body is fiberglass. Which would make sense since the cost of tooling that large of a piece of plastic would be very expensive.
There’s a video of them making the body. It’s injection moulded plastic.

Mine arrived on Friday. The car is AWESOME.

Haven't decided the exact placement of the car yet, but the plan all along was to have it next to the Ghostbusters Headquarters building in my New York City area in the basement. Still have a lot more to do to finish up the remaining buildings in the larger diorama, but the Headquarters building is mostly complete.

Ecto-1 at HQ 1.jpg

Haven't decided the exact placement of the car yet, but the plan all along was to have it next to the Ghostbusters Headquarters building in my New York City area in the basement. Still have a lot more to do to finish up the remaining buildings in the larger diorama, but the Headquarters building is mostly complete.

View attachment 478942

Awesome picture, love to see more!

View attachment 478942

Did you build this city diorama?

View attachment 478942

Yeah we're going to have to see more of this!

View attachment 478942

It couldn't have found a better home, congrats! The stuff you have built is amazing!

Not to nitpick but that corner has a traffic light on it. They included it with the LEGO firehouse which is really the only reason it bothers me haha. It?s awesome and I?m sad that I have no room to do something similar. I could see doing a BTTF Clock Tower too but then you?re talking like an entire bedroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the comments. Labor of love. The Headquarters alone was a 12-year on-and-off build. Here is a shot from further back / different angle:

Ecto-1 at HQ.jpg

Does the siren sound come preloaded? When I get this will I need to do anything with a computer or am I good. And has anyone figured out how to get the motor on the lights to go faster or slower? It seems what I have seen the speculation is just the batteries that alter it.

Does the siren sound come preloaded? When I get this will I need to do anything with a computer or am I good. And has anyone figured out how to get the motor on the lights to go faster or slower? It seems what I have seen the speculation is just the batteries that alter it.
No sound files come with it. I believe it comes with a blank memory card and you have to get the sound file yourself and move it to the memory card.

Back