Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, those are new photos.

we posted those photos several pages back. Blitzway has now uploaded them to facebook. they must have hired someone else to reply to customers because they are definitely more involved than before. It was like talking to a brick wall before.

It?s a toy!!! I want it and I?m going to get it!!!

This is so awesome and soon...

It?s going to be all mine!!! Mine!!! All mine!!!

And I?m not sharing it with anyone!!!

Go get your own!!!

I?ll share a six pack of Miller light though...

B96B1B45-30E2-4229-93B8-C5BDE46C3D17.jpg

Welp pontificating if the 'chrome' is wrong on this is similar to pontificating about other collectibles being slightly off...except this is a $1300.00 collectible.

However, this will never be available again...so suck it up...

Oh but it will, and in diecast though only 31 inches in length

This is off their facebook account regarding the new pics of bumpers they just posted

Dear Customer,
We are sorry to make you confused and disappointed by showing some distorted pictures.
The pictures were taken in the factory without lighting, and it looked like 'plasticky' indeed which we didn't notice at the time of posting.
The mass products are as same as the prototype we showed at SDCC before.
We are now attaching some other pictures taken in different angles.
Hope it works.
Thanks

For anyone interested Petco has a 75 gallon fish tank on sale for $100. The dimensions seem to be near perfect for this vehicle. Not so much for the Ecto and the figures though.

Did Blitzway give an updated shipping estimate when they dropped those new photos? Not like their estimates are even close to accurate anyway I guess.

Did Blitzway give an updated shipping estimate when they dropped those new photos? Not like their estimates are even close to accurate anyway I guess.

Just tell yourself spring 2020 and then if ships earlier it's a nice surprise. That is what I have been doing for the last year

Count on BW to keep delays going for at least a year beyond expected delivery. Its part of dealing with them.

I feel its worth it.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I knew this weeks ago, but just to let you all know:

The chrome trim on the sides of the car isn't there (not fixed).

But they did listen to me about the steering wheel and made it brown. (They didn't remove the horn ring though).

Now before you all get angry again (this is why I waited)

Consider that the Eaglemoss Ecto, no matter how many mods that come along, you cant get away from the fact that the body shape is just wrong, as you can see in these comparison shots.

I'm talking to a few modelers about getting some decals made for the Blitzway Ecto 1, (its just missing a couple from the grille and the lightbars) that will make the model really pop.

I'm also looking into how to possibly go about painting the chrome trim piece. I think it's doable. But I imagine many people won't even notice. I'll probably remove the horn ring as well.

I'm mainly just happy they made the steering wheel brown and they fixed the rear fins paint job as this would have been the trickiest area to mask and paint, above my skill level..

I was thinking same thing about the eaglemoss version the shape looks off, maybe the rear doors too straight or too long not sure.

Do you have any comparison photo showing what you mean about the rear tail paint being corrected?

Thanks

I think what they have done withe the EM one is made all of the windows too long, vertically. It looks more "clown car" than usual.

I knew this weeks ago, but just to let you all know:

The chrome trim on the sides of the car isn't there (not fixed).

But they did listen to me about the steering wheel and made it brown. (They didn't remove the horn ring though).

Now before you all get angry again (this is why I waited)

Consider that the Eaglemoss Ecto, no matter how many mods that come along, you cant get away from the fact that the body shape is just wrong, as you can see in these comparison shots.

I'm talking to a few modelers about getting some decals made for the Blitzway Ecto 1, (its just missing a couple from the grille and the lightbars) that will make the model really pop.

I'm also looking into how to possibly go about painting the chrome trim piece. I think it's doable. But I imagine many people won't even notice. I'll probably remove the horn ring as well.

I'm mainly just happy they made the steering wheel brown and they fixed the rear fins paint job as this would have been the trickiest area to mask and paint, above my skill level..

What decals are those?

Yellow attention stickers on the grille

Yellow sticker on grey tube next to ladder (faded to white in 2004)

Writing near ladder (this was on the ertl model, no one really knows if the text is accurate, it was illegible in 2004).

Force 4 xl stickers on the lightbars.

I got mine too...

I can?t wait to get it...

I was looking into the other Ecto 1 from Eaglemoss and for the price; forget about it... Plus at 141/144 issues and you have to build it yourself; in three years I can get killed walking my doggies!!!

The cost is way over priced for a you build a model and destroy the packing type of toy...

I would say that Eaglemoss should put out an Ecto-1 already completed and shipped out in one package like this year...

Then I would buy one...

Now...

I want to see some shipping/on the truck pictures of our Ecto?s coming home to us...

Back