Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timewalker sent an email stating end of January first batch through the month of February. ?Some of you have seen reports from Asian retailers and customers who received the Ecto-1. We have confirmed with our distributor, Bluefin, that an initial shipment of Ecto-1s is, indeed, on the way.

Therefore, we are resuming the billing process we suspended in early November, starting with all remaining balances in which PayPal is the payment of choice. This Friday, January 10th , we will begin billing credit cards. All open balances must be completed by January 20th .

The first Ecto-1 shipment is expected to arrive at the distributor at the end of January. As we indicated previously, due to the size of this item and the amount of space it consumes per shipping container, our full allotment will not be arriving all at once. Bluefin will allocate quantities to each retailer, starting with the first shipment at the end of this month. Remaining quantities will be allocated throughout the month of February as the balance of inventory comes in. Those who completed their payment early will receive their Ecto-1 first.

At this point, we must pass on a warning from Bluefin distribution. As you know, this item will be drop shipped directly from the distributor in California to you. The distributor will have limited space in which to receive inbound Ecto-1s, so each inbound shipment will have to be processed and moved back out again immediately.

So, it is important that all remaining open balances and any adjustments to shipping addresses be wrapped up with Timewalker as soon as possible to ensure the smooth flow of product in and out of the distributor.

Thank you for your attention and your continuing support of Timewalker Toys & Collectibles.

At least we now know that it?s coming...

The wait is over...

Now that this ones off the list; Hot Toys needs to make a comeback with a surprise vehicle...

The price of a 1/6 Hot Toys vehicule would be crazy today. The companies have understood that customer behaviors have changed, the psychological accepting price have increased as the price of the plastic/petrol.
A 2012 600$ 89 Batmobile would be 800-1000$ today...

Yeah I believe HT might be done with 1/6 vehicles. Thank goodness for customizers, thanks to a certain J Inc I will be able to get my dream vehicles like 66 Batmobile, 89 Batwing ,and more in 1/6.

I think I'll be content with the 89 Batmobile, DeLorean and Ecto for my collection. Along with a custom Landspeeder.

As cool as these things are, they take up a lot of space and are a pain to create a proper display for.

The price of a 1/6 Hot Toys vehicule would be crazy today. The companies have understood that customer behaviors have changed, the psychological accepting price have increased as the price of the plastic/petrol.
A 2012 600$ 89 Batmobile would be 800-1000$ today...

Hot Toys (Howard) said if they made the JL or BvS Batmobile it would cost $2000.

Which is hilarious, as that isn't even an iconic Batmobile. Hard sell at two grand.

I wouldn't mind them trying a WWII Cap with Motorcycle or something smaller that
would still be a unique piece. If you think about it, with the licenses that HT currently has what
other vehicles would they be able to do that people are clamoring for?

What frustrated collectors was the teases of prototype that was never released. 66 Batmobile, Ripley power loader etc... they just never followed thru and these items made appearances in multiple events.

Well we can just be glad that Blitzway came through with the Ecto-1...

A hell of a beast to tackle and that was just an understatement...

I still can?t believe the price was way below then I expected and the box art puts the icing on the cake...

When I received my Toawan Death Match ( Race) all Metal mustang; it came inside of a generic box and very well packaged foam... No complaints because this sucker is a must for any 1/6 scale vehicle collector...

So with the Project BM/Medicom Akira Bike, Tron: Legacy Light Cycle And DeLorean; that was one decade of fun/excitement and broken wallets...(Plus frustrated wives)...

So with the economy looking good again; maybe we will see something surprising come out at one of the cons...

I remember looking on eBay and finding a 1/6 scale custom 1966 Bat Boat with trailer...

Now I wish I would have bought it...

Well we can just be glad that Blitzway came through with the Ecto-1...

A hell of a beast to tackle and that was just an understatement...

I still can?t believe the price was way below then I expected and the box art puts the icing on the cake...

When I received my Toawan Death Match ( Race) all Metal mustang; it came inside of a generic box and very well packaged foam... No complaints because this sucker is a must for any 1/6 scale vehicle collector...

So with the Project BM/Medicom Akira Bike, Tron: Legacy Light Cycle And DeLorean; that was one decade of fun/excitement and broken wallets...(Plus frustrated wives)...

So with the economy looking good again; maybe we will see something surprising come out at one of the cons...

I remember looking on eBay and finding a 1/6 scale custom 1966 Bat Boat with trailer...

Now I wish I would have bought it...

We can also be glad Iron Studios made the 1/10 Explorers for there dioramas those things are huge....

So it seems no one else in the world has one of these yet. I hope they send Popcultchas allotment straight to Australia otherwise Aussie collectors will be waiting months.

What frustrated collectors was the teases of prototype that was never released. 66 Batmobile, Ripley power loader etc... they just never followed thru and these items made appearances in multiple events.

Both of those seemed like shoe-ins for release. Still don't get why they never did.

The '66 Batmobile should have come out with the Batman and Robin figures, that was the
chance to maximize the hype for that piece.

Both of those seemed like shoe-ins for release. Still don't get why they never did.

The '66 Batmobile should have come out with the Batman and Robin figures, that was the
chance to maximize the hype for that piece.

The flying Delorean made more sense as that was just a small retool to what they already had. Still disappointed they didn't follow through with that.
Looking at what 1/6 vehicles sell for on the secondary market, Hot Toys are missing $$$$

The release of the DeLorean was handled particularly badly. They teased the flying version, so the original release might have been a bit slow to sell. When it became clear the flying version wasn't happening, prices for the original went through the roof. HT didn't get the sales they wanted and collector's didn't get the flying version they really wanted. One version, with folding wheels, would have made everyone happy. HT's greed messed it up for both sides.

Back