Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One wasn't enough for Ben Chan?

82337256_10157476352581418_9186170232727666688_n.jpg

81003198_10157476357361418_2627192191717474304_n.jpg

(Sounds like it's for someone else: Ben Chan Chan Wai come get ur car!)

In related news:

Ben Chan Sound effect have to download our own! Their SD card is empty

I?m liking everything except the ?dull? chrome still! Not sure where to put it when it comes ha ha!

One upgrade I see for myself will be to swap out the cool white headlights for warm white ones, seems they changed to cool white on production rather than the warm white they had on the prototype? That?s the main thing that says toy to me when looking at it.

It?s mine...

Mine...Mine...All Mine...

When it gets here...

I?m going to hug it and kiss it and call it George...

My shelves are ready!!!

Still disappointed with the "chrome" pieces. I remember us calling it out on one of the teaser pics and blitzway said it was just bad lighting but looks like they stuck with that crappy fake chrome look.

I have nowhere to display this so it'll sit in it's box for at least 6 - 8 months but I'm so glad I am getting this.

There will not be a vehicle made at this scale by any other company for a very long time if at all.

I remember "us" all having a huge disagreement about it... we certainly were not of one mind. I like how it looks... moving swiftly on....

I think I will be modding the wheel. They really nailed the color, I found a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado with the same wheel color as Ecto 1. This is how it would have been in the 50s.

the horn ring needs to go. then I will get a chrome pen and color in those chrome parts on the wheel.

then, if possible I might try to recreate the brown wearing off to reveal the grey underneath.

Overall I think it looks good. The white paint of the body does look nice and not just like white plastic. The top greeblies look as good or better than the proto from what I can tell.

I remain concerned about the bumpers, and the silver trim around the hood and windows. I hope we see video that gives a close up look of the whole car an accurate example of what to expect with lights and sound.

Edit: The pic of it with the figures is really selling me, it looks terrific with them in that shot. The "good" side is definitely the driver side with the blue hose down the side, looks much better than the side with the ladder. I probably need to get over a couple minor gripes with the car, all the hand wringing about the price, and my hesitation about the size. Ultimately i think I'll be pissed if i pass on this thing because it fits into my collection so well.

Still waiting for video before I fully commit.

I was going to pass on this due to the size and was going to get a smaller one like maybe the eaglemoss version but now I am leaning back towards maybe getting it although still disappointed on the silver paint in the shots of the releases ecto 1.

Seems a little odd that we need to upload our own siren sound effect to the mp3 player, but oh well, probably not too much of a hassle. Unfortunately even with the siren blaring the sound of the motors is still pretty loud and distracting in the latest video Chan posted.

you have to be friends with the guy to see the videos. could you possibly screen record them if you have an iphone etc?

Alright let's see if this works...

I'm not able to I post the videos here, but uploaded them to another site. And yes, that's how bad it sounds in the FB clips too.

With just lights
[video]https://streamable.com/r7cht[/video]

Lights and siren
[video]https://streamable.com/kmb7f[/video]

Wow. Thats pretty loud.

It may be the case that when you record with a phone, every sound it picks up sounds really loud. It may sound better in person.

Not that it really bothers me all that much, Turning on the lights and siren is likely to only be done once in a while.

Back