Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many Ecto-1's will be made?

I'm always curious what the production runs were from the Batmobile(s) and Delorean. Due to the price and people's limited shelf space, I can't imagine it'd be more than a couple thousand. The Ecto-1 is even larger and double the price so it'll probably be a very limited run.

And if it's such a limited run, how profitable is it for these companies to produce these massive projects? Considering all the years and R&D involved to see these products through to the end. Maybe it's more a prestige and marketing tool to grab collector's attention and pull them in to buy their other products.

Even though $1,400 is a big chunk of cash, in the long run I'll regret it more if I pass up the Ecto-1.

I suspect they probably assumed there wouldn't be a huge enough interest (simply because not many collectors would even have space for the thing), and so decided a limited run and a higher price was the only way to go.

Congrats to all who will order this masterpiece! I remember when the 89 batmobile came out in 2012, a one meter and 600$ vehicule... Everyone thought that it was insane...
Now we talk about a 113 cm and 2500$ vehicule!...:horror
I can't imagine the size of the box! Those who did not ordered the 89 batmobile can't understand! :wink1:

after finally convincing the wife to stay married if I purchased this beast..., I realized it was too big for my office... I wonder if she'll notice me taking out a wall...

after finally convincing the wife to stay married if I purchased this beast..., I realized it was too big for my office... I wonder if she'll notice me taking out a wall...

I can see that not ending well :rotfl Unless of coarse you do the remodelling all in one night while she's sleeping so when she wakes up she can't change her mind on you since you've already done it :lol

Remember when the postman was delivering the 89 batmobile, I was stunned..did not hink the package would be that big. This would be even bigger I reckon.

I`m a huge Ghostbusters fan, so I need to get this (only chance to get it in 1/6 scale, I`m sure of).

With hot toys making 1/6 Batmobiles, the Delorian from Back To The Future, and now Blitzway making ECTO-1 from Ghostbusters, i'd REALLY love to see a company make a 1/6 K.I.T.T from the 1980's tv show Knight Rider and 1/6 Airwolf helicopter...

With hot toys making 1/6 Batmobiles, the Delorian from Back To The Future, and now Blitzway making ECTO-1 from Ghostbusters, i'd REALLY love to see a company make a 1/6 K.I.T.T from the 1980's tv show Knight Rider and 1/6 Airwolf helicopter...

Man, I'm with ya on the K.I.T.T. That would be my grail in 1/6 vehicles. To me K.I.T.T. was the most relevant of all the iconic vehicles, a true side kick. You just drove/flew the others and utilized weapons, K.I.T.T. drove itself, talked, utilized weapons, and physically helped Michael, doesn't get more relevant than that! Yet people barely mention him at all. Hot Toys needs to get that license.

Man, I'm with ya on the K.I.T.T. That would be my grail in 1/6 vehicles. To me K.I.T.T. was the most relevant of all the iconic vehicles, a true side kick. You just drove/flew the others and utilized weapons, K.I.T.T. drove itself, talked, utilized weapons, and physically helped Michael, doesn't get more relevant than that! Yet people barely mention him at all. Hot Toys needs to get that license.
:goodpost:[Regarding the fact that hot toys NEEDS to get the license to make a 1/6 1980's K.I.T.T!!!]:)

Is like an Aston Martin or a Lotus (I'd like 1/6 scale versions of them too!).

K.i.t.t. and the Hoff would be awesome. That trans-am could be used to make Kitt and the Bandit mobile for Smokey and the Bandit. I'd nun punch someone for a 1/6 Buford T. Justice.

TastyOldAsiantrumpetfish-small.gif

This thing is amazing, but for $1400-$1600, and at almost 4 feet long, I feel like I should be able to drive it.

I might be on my own with this thinking, but considering what some larger scale statues are commanding (like Prime 1), the price point isn't THAT off for what you're getting with the Ecto-1. Its versatile in that it can be a stand alone display piece with some functioning features, or can be combined with the figures to make an even greater display. I'm not saying it justifies the pricing, but we are getting a fine display and/or accessory item! This particular license is one of my very favorites. Now that its here, I'm taking advantage of it while its alive and well because it likely won't be revisited (in this scale) again.

This is awesome, i love Ghostbusters and the car was so great when the movie was released. But my kids will ultimately use up any spare funds i may have towards this purchase. First world problems suck....

Back