Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of the few times I'd consider buying from Sideshow just because they're big enough not to go under if it comes riddled with QC issues. But then the shipping and the customs charges will be crippling, and this will ship around Brexit time when sterling will be in the crapper.

God bless you insane collectors who are going to buy this!

Remember when Hot Toys wouldn’t build Iron Monger from Iron Man 1 because they weren’t sure the market could support a $400+ 1/6 ? :D

Will be ordering, but haven't decided if I'll go with Timewalker of Sideshow. Would be easier to decide if shipping rates were known. Steve is usually half (or less) than Sideshow has been for me.

I think I'm out. While it is incredibly well done, it's too much money for me to have tied up into something I don't really have the space for in the first place. I will like vicariously through all of you guys who pull the trigger on it!

Updated comparison pic and for new ecto thread

3P0HdqZ.jpg

Scratching is inevitable with that Batmobile but ideally it wouldn't have arrived with scratching. Mine was fine as far as I was able to tell but I can see micro-scratches all over the place now just from dusting it - and I've been using the dust cloths Hot Toys themselves provided with figures like DX13 and the QS002 Endoskeleton.

Of course I ordered mine!!!

It will sit well with my 1989 Batmobile, Kenada Motorcycle, Death Race Monster Halo Warthog and Tron Lightcycle...

What gets me is; those on this site that always state that:

"I'm going to get this and that"

And when they see the price...

They bail-out real fast!!!

But go out every week end and spend $100.00/$200.00 at a bar/ night club...

Plus all the haters on this site that jump all over posts because of being envious of the ones that can have a growing collection...

Merry Christmas 🎄🎁 and hope your stockings get that lump of coal!!!

Of course I ordered mine!!!

It will sit well with my 1989 Batmobile, Kenada Motorcycle, Death Race Monster Halo Warthog and Tron Lightcycle...

What gets me is; those on this site that always state that:

"I'm going to get this and that"

And when they see the price...

They bail-out real fast!!!

But go out every week end and spend $100.00/$200.00 at a bar/ night club...

Plus all the haters on this site that jump all over posts because of being envious of the ones that can have a growing collection...

Merry Christmas 🎄🎁 and hope your stockings get that lump of coal!!!

Ill take this one -

.....because $1500 for this is ridiculous. Cute collection btw, I have every vehicle HT has made, and Kaneda, Tetsuo and the bike - they represent a tiny fraction of my monster, (there's my counter brag). I'm no stranger to dropping big money on pieces but I know the meaning of value for money and this represents very little in that respect.

The only thing that keeps me from buying two is the space I would need for the third one!!!

Come-on... Just get it...

You will regret it if you don't have one then regret it if you had the chance to get it for $1,500...

Money comes and goes...

You can't take money to hell with you when you die; so...

Get it!!!

I can always send you that lump of coal in you want for that stocking...

Last edited:
Pre-ordered mine with Collectiblesdirect UK. This is one of those things that will become a grail piece for collectors. If you think the price is high now, wait a few years from now. I also have the 89 Batmobile, Tumbler, Camo tumbler, Bat-pod, Tron lightcycle, Kaneda and bike, AH-6 Littlebird, 2 M2 Bradleys and a Hummer. I passed on the DeLorean, only because i am waiting for the hover version. :impatient:

Light_Brigade.jpg

Charge of the Light Brigade

Is the Ecto 1 more popular than the Batmobile 66 for collectors? I find it hard to believe that Hot Toys dropped the project due to low interest.
I don't think I'm the only one who would buy it and skip lunch for a month.

This thing is just beyond what I thought it would be. The level of detail they've put in is amazing, they really went all out.

I pre-ordered it on Time Walker day one but I'm a little worried it will get canceled by Blitzway because this being 1500 and the giant size is sure to put alot of people off. Just don't know if enough will pre-order it but here's hoping.

Back