Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam Rockwell is not a under-the-radar actor. :lol

He's in Iron Man 2 for ****s sake.

Plebz believe the Oscars mean anything, I bet you stood up to applause Get Out with the rest of the "auteurs" in your living room last night as well.

Shows you know nothing about paychecks in Hollywood. Sam got paid garbage for IM2.

Enjoying a watch through with me son....

Some new things i noticed..

The advertisement in the beginning for Joi, is in Japanese...where they pronounce Joi as "Joe". As a Japanese speaker...this is not a normal pronouncement...

K: "I have never retired something that was born"

K: "Being born means you have a soul"

Gaffe has a cup of the Grubs on his table

Gaffe says Deckard was not long for this world....there was "something in his eyes" (like replicant number?)

The eyes Wallace uses...clearly makes Luv very uncomfortable

Wallace : "Tyrell's final trick ...Procreation"

The one eye replicant at the end...sends Mariette "hooker" over to K (missed that entirely both viewings). So is the Mariette human or not?

Mariette thinks the tree is beautiful (site of the Miricle, K says ...its dead.....cause he is not yet woke.....)

Joi does "signal" K every time another girl is around (jealous or programming?)

The numbers on the tree....trigger K's implanted memories. 061021

Joi says while in the records room "you didn't prefer the woman?" K replies "you were listening?".

Joi: "its OK to dream a little ...isn't it?"

Joi reacting to the crash.....why is she freaking out trying to wake K...would a pure program even care?

Ana is crying...over her memories? Or because she feels bad for what shes doing to K?

Luv is very upset when Joi tells K to break the antenna.....would a pure program break itself to please its owner? Luv doesn't seem to think it should.

Luv is showing emotion all over the place......even though its negative.....so does she have a soul as well?
K: (about the dog) Is it real? Deckard: I dunno, Ask him.....

Luv to K: "Bad Dog"

The music just before Joi eminator is crushed sound conspicuously like a heartbeat.

Dying for the right cause is the most human thing we can do.

Wallace has replicated Rachel, but she is still barren.......Wallace believes Deckard has something special as well....to be able to procreate.

Wallace: "designed to fall for her right then and there.......to make that perfect specimen.....love or mathematical precision?

Wallace "Pain reminds you of the joy you had.........More joy (Joi?) then? [Rachel walks in....who like Joi, is designed to make Deckard happy)

Luv after stabbing K : "I am the best one"

K at the end: "all the best memories are hers...."

Ridley Scott says this film was too long...anyone else here fell they would like a longer cut...or just me?

I'd say that Mariette was a replicant. That was established early on when she asked if K was going to retire her and he said it depends on your model number. Mariette was also a member of the replicant resistance and I don't think that Joi could have "sync'd" with a human.

And I'd be fine with a 12 hour cut of this movie.

Enjoying a watch through with me son....

Some new things i noticed..

Ridley Scott says this film was too long...anyone else here fell they would like a longer cut...or just me?

Good points all.
Very good points. Each new viewing reveals new information. Or at least, makes you consider your previous reasoning on certain subjects.

You guys reckon this would be properly scaled?

E473F0BE-F0DA-4FD0-BC3D-19156EEC5097.jpg

for 1/12th? Looks pretty close! maybe a tad bit biger in the seat section.

Are you gonna 3D print them?

That’s a 1/6 Figure on the desk.
It would cost a fortune to 3D print. The idea is to make the pattern by hand.
I tracked down one of the effects guys and got the mesh from him. That’s the screen used asset in the image above.
I reckon that’s the size it should be in 1/6.
Once I am 100% sure, I’ll get the plans printed up in 1/6 so I can take sizes from those.

Yeah it is her, but it's not a typical Joi.

Here's some good discussion about it, some seem to think Wallace sold Joi's to other companies for advertising purposes. Interesting. One redditor translated the text to "liquor".

Was this another version of Joi?

Joi appears generally as a flawlessly beautiful petite young woman. The specifics of her features, such as eye color, hair color, wardrobe, and likely some aspects of her body are variable from instance to instance. She has a variety of vocal intonations and can adopt accents. She is a holographic projection and requires some kind of projecting device to manifest to the viewer/user, whether a ceiling-mounted projector for a single room, a building-scale advertising projector, or a portable "Emanator" device that allows Joi to travel with her user.

Joi's hardware is able to extensively sense the environment it is in and translates that into data for the artificial intelligence to "experience" life along with the user. The hardware senses whether Joi is projected or not.

Joi's primary role is to communicate with other entities, human, replicant or otherwise, in a manner representing the user's mate or companion. She records data "memories" as she runs, allowing her "personality" to change over time.

Joi's program and memories reside on a main console, which for personal units is located in the home, as well as on portable Emanators or other linked devices. Joi hardware has the ability to utilize communications networks to contact other entities on its own initiative, and can be used to monitor or track Joi users.

The Wiki doesn't state that they were used for any advertising for other companies. So maybe they just knocked out 2 birds with one stone while she was in the studio. I'm gonna stick to that, as she seems more like an pre-rolled ad in the flick than a Joi.

That’s a 1/6 Figure on the desk.
It would cost a fortune to 3D print. The idea is to make the pattern by hand.
I tracked down one of the effects guys and got the mesh from him. That’s the screen used asset in the image above.
I reckon that’s the size it should be in 1/6.
Once I am 100% sure, I’ll get the plans printed up in 1/6 so I can take sizes from those.

Damn that's gonna be massive. Are you gonna do all the interior too? keep us updated man.

Guys I don't think the dancing anime hologram is Ana, you're 100% sure?? I watched the blu-ray special features and saw them filming the girl against the screen screen but it didn't strike me as being her. Maybe I missed a segment where it was more obvious.

It's definitely her, pause and put your nose on the TV.

Yeah I definitely need to do that for research purposes, lol.

The Japanese style and tight bra is throwing you off.

Yeah I guess so, the outfit and dancing just seems so not her but I'll take your guys' word for it and just go "damn that is one talented girl." :naughty

Back