BlackBox 1/6 Guess Me Series - "REPLICANT KILLER"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad at all. I think the overal figure is superior to supermad toys prototype.

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

Not bad at all. I think the overal figure is superior to supermad toys prototype.

Seriously!? How? ...I’m getting both, so I’m just genuinely interested in why you think that.

Btw is there no button to stick the collar on on the left side to make it sit like it’s supposed to? Only then it will assemble the K coat.

Well, it's difficult to say without having both in hand. I'm getting both too. I think they'll be very similar but Supermadtoys will have a hard time equalling that sculpt while winning on the accessories.

keep repeating it, until you believed it

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

While not as good as the prototype I think this still has the bare bones to make a decent custom figure, but it would take a lot of talent and tlc especially the fur.

Now looking at those recent pics. It sure does resemble more of a Ken doll from the mid 90s. So incredibly bad to what we are used to today.

Glad I held off for a better K figure.
My money is now on the supermad toys alternative.
I hope the result is not dissapointing as this one...

Re: BlackBox 1/6 Guess Me Series - "REPLICANT KILLER"

Glad I held off for a better K figure.
My money is now on the supermad toys alternative.
I hope the result is not dissapointing as this one...
Before I pre-ordered I did a little research about supermad toys previous figures and the only one's I found was the catwoman of the Tim Burton batman and the scream ghost like figure.

Their boxes are plain and cheap but the figures that they deliver are what they show on the prototypes.

Maybe we are not going to see the mess of the black box ver. But since it's a custom you can't expect to much

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

I don't understand the hate for this figure. Apart from the paintwork/sculpt, it is a decent figure for the money. The sculpt didn't look great in the prototype pics anyway, so it was always my intention to replace it. As for the "shearling" on the coat, it looks way better after some careful trimming. In hand, the rest of the coat and clothing look well made.
I was worried when I saw the initial pics of the production figure, but was happy when I opened up the box. HT standard it isn't, but neither is it "mid 90's Ken". :lol

I also have the Supermad one ordered, so am looking forward to that one, too. :)

I haven’t seen a picture of it yet that makes it look like anything more than a C figure at best and I wood dissgree that the prototype looked better. Maybe someone could convince me otherwise if some decent pics could be shown but it’s no loss for me as I’m getting the yunsil one anyways. In 2049 which is the year she’s sure to complete it.

I don't understand the hate for this figure. Apart from the paintwork/sculpt, it is a decent figure for the money. The sculpt didn't look great in the prototype pics anyway, so it was always my intention to replace it. As for the "shearling" on the coat, it looks way better after some careful trimming. In hand, the rest of the coat and clothing look well made.
I was worried when I saw the initial pics of the production figure, but was happy when I opened up the box. HT standard it isn't, but neither is it "mid 90's Ken". :lol

I also have the Supermad one ordered, so am looking forward to that one, too. :)

:goodpost:
I agree. I find this figure very satisfactory for the price. Once people start to customize this figure, it will shine for sure.
I feel that Hot Toys has killed this hobby.

:goodpost:
I agree. I find this figure very satisfactory for the price. Once people start to customize this figure, it will shine for sure.
I feel that Hot Toys has killed this hobby.

Hot Toys hasn't killed this hobby. Fanboys have. They'll buy a crappy HT (say... Deadpool that has peeling issues) and say it's a gem and spit on a bootleg saying its crappy for no other reason than its a bootleg. But HT is right. So long as people is ready to pay a lot for anything, they must continue to milk the cow. I think people yhink too much of this hobby as an investment when they forget their just weird adults playing with dolls that would probably be the laughingstock of their neighborhood if only they knew.

I miss the good old kit bashing times when this was just a pastime and when people didn't think they were collecting art. Wake up guys, dolls aren't a Picasso.

....I'm getting too old for this ****!

Artoo said:
I feel that Hot Toys has killed this hobby

Yes, I ordered this one with customisation in mind, so was happy it didn't cost HT prices. :)

Raymond F. said:
I haven’t seen a picture of it yet that makes it look like anything more than a C figure at best and I wood dissgree that the prototype looked better. Maybe someone could convince me otherwise if some decent pics could be shown but it’s no loss for me as I’m getting the yunsil one anyways. In 2049 which is the year she’s sure to complete it

I don't think the prototype looked better, apart from the "shearling" maybe. :) I'm going with Scott's sculpt anyway and I hope Yunsil finishes her clothing set well before 2049, as I'm getting one as well. :lol

Although my review wasn’t totally positive for this figure, and its not close to a Hot Toys figure level, it was about half the price. Where it really misses the mark is the paint app on the eyes and the hands.The rest of the head paint is fine. The coat shearling doesn’t even bother me that much. Also of course it does look better in hand, I’ll attach a photo of it between two Hot Toys and you’ll see how iPhone photos miss the details you see in hand.

I know a few like to play around and do super dynamic poses but I like to find one good pose and stick to it so I found one that works and on the shelf it passes.

0b408297d8dc6401dbbaaae53cb34088.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back