BlackBox 1/6 Guess Me Series - "REPLICANT KILLER"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually don't buy ht figures, so I usually don't pay ht prices lol.
I also don't expect ht quality for the price I pay, but I can judge from the prototype pics
if something is below or above my standards.
I usually instantly preorder a figure I am interested in, but sometimes if something bugs me I hold back
and wait for another manufacturer to make a try.
This is the 2nd time I didn't preorder a figure I really wanted for 2 reasons:
1) The prototype sculpt which was mediocre
2) More importantly the jacket didn't have the numbers on it's back
3) Not many offered accessories

For the record the 1st time I held back preordering a figure was
when mad max was released from Art Figures and the hs was mediocre, so I waited and lucky me vts delivered
(although I admit some specific items like the clothes were more accurately on the art figures max).

Got my Officer K today. I like it, I don't think it's as bad as some are saying, I was worried about it before I opened it and to my surprise, very pleased.
My figure did suffer from loose joints but I added some Pledge FloorCare Finish with a tiny long thin hobby brush to tighten them up. Have to wait a few hours to see it works but so far I noticed a difference. I'm going to brush the fur on the coat to make it more like the promo pics.

P.S. When I removed the lower arm at the elbow joint you can stick a brush up inside to coat Pledge on the swivel where the shoulder meets the upper arm.

Red box = Pledge fixes. Lower knees and the right upper arm swivel were all loose.
Lwn6hZ0.jpg

c4pGhCS.jpg

Very disappointing in hand. I will not be getting this. Bummer as I would love a K figure.

Did you see this in hand? I think the fig photographs poorly, but in hand is actually pretty nice.

Despite the criticism of the coat, I think it's tailored pretty well. The boots are nice. His gun (blaster) is very nicely done. Paint app and eyebrows all look fine in hand.

For the price, I think it excels. Just my 2 cents.

Did you see this in hand? I think the fig photographs poorly, but in hand is actually pretty nice.

Despite the criticism of the coat, I think it's tailored pretty well. The boots are nice. His gun (blaster) is very nicely done. Paint app and eyebrows all look fine in hand.

Totally agree with you. It's a great figure and people will be sorry later, but I'll admit all the pictures I've seen make him look cheap. I wish a talented photographer would take a jab at him...

Totally agree with you. It's a great figure and people will be sorry later, but I'll admit all the pictures I've seen make him look cheap. I wish a talented photographer would take a jab at him...

Yup, I have a nice SLR camera, and can't seem to get it photographed looking good.

I think this one will have better likeness than the Supermad Toys one ( I have that one on order).

Yeah, not sure why peoples photos are not capturing what i'm seeing in hand.
K's joints have tightened up, just one knee needed a bit more Pledge and then I can put the outfit back on.

Here are photos of the Supermad's K figure that are not glossed up like the promo pics, these are untouched.
IDK, not feeling it like Blackbox's K. Was going to PO him last night on a whim but instead I ordered a Alex Murphy (Peter Weller) head sculpt today using that spring 15% off coupon on ebay. Going to build a Buckaroo Banzai custom.

https://action-figure-district.de/supermad-toys-k-blade-runner-2049/

Just saw on Supermad's FB page that they are making a Deckard 2049 figure. Head sculpt look pretty good and the blaster (2019 ver.) looks better then the one that comes with the K figure which looks like the really old Brothers version.
That being said I will most likely pass on it since the Dackard character in 2049 was pretty uninteresting. Still waiting for a better version of the 2019 figure.

Just saw on Supermad's FB page that they are making a Deckard 2049 figure. Head sculpt look pretty good and the blaster (2019 ver.) looks better then the one that comes with the K figure which looks like the really old Brothers version.
That being said I will most likely pass on it since the Dackard character in 2049 was pretty uninteresting. Still waiting for a better version of the 2019 figure.

Supermad said they'll be doing a Deckard from the original BR. We'll see something (proto?) this summer.

So looking forward to this! I have the Redman Deckard and that just don't cut it!

Good to know, hope they nail a good young 1982 Ford head sculpt. Thanks bmendez !

i just ordered this head sculpt for this figure.

Attachments

• elite.jpg
    elite.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 209

Well Three Zero figures are about the same sort of price and think they have much better likenesses that this. I personally will not go any lower quality than Three Zero for that kinda money.
Saying that, I would like to see more in hand pics.

Supermad said they'll be doing a Deckard from the original BR. We'll see something (proto?) this summer.

So looking forward to this! I have the Redman Deckard and that just don't cut it!

Yeah I'm looking forward to this as well. I've got the recent Iris outfit with Inigou sculpt, which is decent enough for a custom but still not at the high level I'd really like to see with a Deckard figure.

Yeah I'm looking forward to this as well. I've got the recent Iris outfit with Inigou sculpt, which is decent enough for a custom but still not at the high level I'd really like to see with a Deckard figure.

If you think supermad will do better than that, I’ll take those off your hands.

Well Three Zero figures are about the same sort of price and think they have much better likenesses that this. I personally will not go any lower quality than Three Zero for that kinda money.
Saying that, I would like to see more in hand pics.

Have you bought anything from Three Zero lately? It’s no where the same price range. Usually Three Zero is close to $200. This one is half that.

Have you bought anything from Three Zero lately? It’s no where the same price range. Usually Three Zero is close to $200. This one is half that.

Well you are paying for the licence ain't ya?! My point is that this seems to be of a lesser quality that even Three Zero which is the lowest in quality I will go on 1/6 figures.

Here's the thread for the Deckard 2049
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...85763-1-6-supermad-toys-detective-2049-a.html

Looking forward to seeing your Buckaroo Banzai custom. I was hoping we'd see more of them with that great Weller sculpt.

Well you are paying for the licence ain't ya?! My point is that this seems to be of a lesser quality that even Three Zero which is the lowest in quality I will go on 1/6 figures.

Well yes, but you get what you pay for and this figure is half the price of most Three Zero releases... so like you can’t expect Hot Toys quality you also can’t expect Three Zero quality either. I think the Supermad Toys version will be better than this, especially when modded, but still you get what you pay for. There’s still the custom route for you if you can pay for it. Both the high quality custom clothes and sculpt can be found in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back