Premium Format Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is wrong with a repaired return? If anything it is more professional artist fixing it then a factory worker and if it looks how it is supposed to then why not, it isn't like a refurbished computer or car engine sold as new

Exactly :) As long as she comes in one piece and without googly eyes, im happy :) some people are way too picky. A few of my pieces have little scuff marks on them but I love them all. When I got Aayla Secura, the light saber was snapped inside so they sent me a replacement and the fingernails werent painted. A problem maybe if I sold her but I dont plan on selling any of them :)

You guys seriously wouldn't have a problem paying full price for a repaired statue?
I bloody would!
I don't think anyone buys with a view to sell, exept CBG, but who knows what tomorrow brings? New better pieces? Urgent need for cash? I know I need to sell to free up space and funds if there's something I love out there...
Red Sonja :slap

You guys seriously wouldn't have a problem paying full price for a repaired statue?
I bloody would!
I don't think anyone buys with a view to sell, exept CBG, but who knows what tomorrow brings? New better pieces? Urgent need for cash? I know I need to sell to free up space and funds if there's something I love out there...

Im sure they wouldnt repair a broken leg and they resell, or at least id like to think they dont. My EX Babydoll didnt come in its original Brown shipping box for whatever reason :/ maybe someone sent her back because the box wasnt to their standards because there is nothing that I can see obvious, wrong with her.

I look forward to getting her. Hopefully before the weekend :pray:

Im sure they wouldnt repair a broken leg and they resell, or at least id like to think they dont. My EX Babydoll didnt come in its original Brown shipping box for whatever reason :/ maybe someone sent her back because the box wasnt to their standards because there is nothing that I can see obvious, wrong with her.

I look forward to getting her. Hopefully before the weekend :pray:

Sent back because of dents in the shipper?...
Bloody CBG! :rotfl

IMG_57211.JPG

panic-gif.gif

annoyed.gif

Look familiar? :rotfl

I bloody would!

If you knew what they did in the factory you might have a change of mind, after a casted piece there is plenty of stuff to fix and repair same can be said about paints, only difference is it would be fixed by a much more qualified artist here then over in china

If you knew what they did in the factory you might have a change of mind, after a casted piece there is plenty of stuff to fix and repair same can be said about paints, only difference is it would be fixed by a much more qualified artist here then over in china

:exactly: I doubt there's a statue made that doesn't have some sort of repair during its production. as long as you cant see it I'm fine with it.:lecture

:exactly: I doubt there's a statue made that doesn't have some sort of repair during its production. as long as you cant see it I'm fine with it.:lecture

When the dude started customizing my Thor PF into modern Thor, he said it was clear that the piece had undergone some significant repairs during the original fabrication process. So, yeah...I bet we'd be surprised what happens at the factory level.

Well I picked up Black Widow from my local FedEx depot and just unboxed her - she is stunning! Really pleased I had the chance to own the EX direct from Sideshow! And number 7/500!!
Now need to put her in my Besta setup but rapidly loosing space :/ lol

I just got my Black Widow #302 today and although it was pre-opened, everything thing inside appeared to be like new...until I unwrapped everything. There are pulls in a couple of places on her clothes and neither one of the right hands fit into place fully (so they may easily fall out), the fabric on the right arm is loose and not locked in place like the left arm, there are 3 chips on the top of the base as well as numerous scratches. The hair appears to have been repaired in one area (broken piece reattached) and there is a painted over chip in another area of the hair. The leg seam is noticeable as well which makes me wonder if they repaired the leg and resold it. I could continue but I won't. The face and eyes were very well done so it is such a shame!

From now on, I pre-order early, before it sells out, or I don't bother with it. I ordered one of the Baroness EX that arrived today as well and that one was pretty much perfect but, besides being a little bit dusty around her glasses, had a large chip out of her hair that was also painted over but you can tell that it was broken at some point! I'm really very disappointed in these, considering the price. I mean, really, if they could simply be honest and say what the issues are, we wouldn't have to waste time and money sending them back.

Really glad that some of you got good ones on this last batch and really hoped that I'd have gotten a good one too but I suppose it wasn't meant to be.

What a crappy day...so sad. :(

Congrats to the Freaks who got a good BW! :duff

I'm sorry to hear that some Freaks received a BW with issues. :(

I've been really lucky in that all the statues I've gotten this year have, so far, been issue free. I attribute that to my sacrificing a a bucket of KFC to the Statues Gods regularly! :yess:

01-KFC-s-Original-Chicken-Bucket_medium.jpg

I just got my Black Widow #302 today and although it was pre-opened, everything thing inside appeared to be like new...until I unwrapped everything. There are pulls in a couple of places on her clothes and neither one of the right hands fit into place fully (so they may easily fall out), the fabric on the right arm is loose and not locked in place like the left arm, there are 3 chips on the top of the base as well as numerous scratches. The hair appears to have been repaired in one area (broken piece reattached) and there is a painted over chip in another area of the hair. The leg seam is noticeable as well which makes me wonder if they repaired the leg and resold it. I could continue but I won't. The face and eyes were very well done so it is such a shame!

From now on, I pre-order early, before it sells out, or I don't bother with it. I ordered one of the Baroness EX that arrived today as well and that one was pretty much perfect but, besides being a little bit dusty around her glasses, had a large chip out of her hair that was also painted over but you can tell that it was broken at some point! I'm really very disappointed in these, considering the price. I mean, really, if they could simply be honest and say what the issues are, we wouldn't have to waste time and money sending them back.

Really glad that some of you got good ones on this last batch and really hoped that I'd have gotten a good one too but I suppose it wasn't meant to be.

What a crappy day...so sad. :(

Did you buy them when that newsletter showed up and all of a sudden they had some exclusives of the two available? Got to watch that man. They are typically returns. They can be lost but found stock but typically they are returns from someone else that had issues... Screw it. Send me back and get the refund. There's always the sale thread at the forum here and you should be able to get those two in minty condition for close to retail from a fellow boardie. Sorry to hear that they were both duds. I know how much that sucks

Did you buy them when that newsletter showed up and all of a sudden they had some exclusives of the two available? Got to watch that man. They are typically returns. They can be lost but found stock but typically they are returns from someone else that had issues... Screw it. Send me back and get the refund. There's always the sale thread at the forum here and you should be able to get those two in minty condition for close to retail from a fellow boardie. Sorry to hear that they were both duds. I know how much that sucks

You are exactly right, Tavegg! They were both previously returned statues. The biggest disappointment is that the simply painted over the problems and then resold them. Amazingly, while on the phone with SSC today, the rep (I won't mention her name) actually asked me if it looks bad when I told her about the large chip off her hair.

I have to wait for them to get back to me but there is no way I'll keep these.

Back