Premium Format Black Widow premium format Comic Version +White Costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the White Costume Storm

SSC couldve went the extra mile and tailored it to the Astonishing Xmen costume to make it more special

Similarly they couldve done a 90s Jim Lee Black widow instead of this obscure variant

Yeah, Grey Black Widow was how she looked in my childhood. That's Jim Lee's art because he was on Uncanny X-Men and X-Men in the late 80s and early 90s but the costume is somebody else's design I believe.

But for White Storm I take it they were going for this version, which is a bit more accurate:

astxm031013_col.jpg

#41 has arrived! Here are a couple of quick camera pics with the black suit. I got a nice surprise when I opened her up and found the knife hand. All the pictures that SS put up were with the pistol hand and I never read the description that stated she'd come with the knife as well.

1604459dd4db8f510618d5b8208223b0.jpg

6a389634fff9fa39f559951227f6be50.jpg

9c746fefd1e7471a596b026e1ca6ab30.jpg

fa8286a64aacde8be1a492e3772422b9.jpg

I'll take better pics when I get the chance. Since I didn't get the EX black suit version I'm pretty happy they included the knife with this one. Now I can display one with each. I need to not read descriptions more often--it's been awhile since I was happily surprised opening up a collectible.

How does the paint look on your hands and boots? Mine looks like it was a rush/lazy job. Looks good from afar but in hand the paint kinda appears "caked" on.

Good luck to a fellow freak, about to cut my order loose. I had a dud card on file and took the maximum amount of time to mull this over before deciding. Love it, but already have the EX black and I love that too. Plus have 4 important Flex's next week and a vacation in a couple weeks, so no need for me to be THAT selfish!

#41 has arrived! Here are a couple of quick camera pics with the black suit. I got a nice surprise when I opened her up and found the knife hand. All the pictures that SS put up were with the pistol hand and I never read the description that stated she'd come with the knife as well.

9c746fefd1e7471a596b026e1ca6ab30.jpg

fa8286a64aacde8be1a492e3772422b9.jpg

Thanks Zod!

I can't believe I missed the knife hand either, that is a nice touch. It does make me wonder if there is a potential chance of a follow up with just the gun hand with more units, effectively non EX version...

How does the paint look on your hands and boots? Mine looks like it was a rush/lazy job. Looks good from afar but in hand the paint kinda appears "caked" on.

Mine is fine from afar and ok up close. SS seems to be having a difficult time with the fine detail work with statues lately if the hand is holding something but it's not that noticeable unless you're really close to it. I don't look at my collectibles from 3" away so it's not a big deal to me.

Thanks Zod!

I can't believe I missed the knife hand either, that is a nice touch. It does make me wonder if there is a potential chance of a follow up with just the gun hand with more units, effectively non EX version...

Yeah, unfortunately for anyone that didn't get one, ink is right. It's either this run or nothing if past SS releases are anything to go by.

Now that I found out she came with a knife hand, I'm upping my trade value to 1 life-size Hulkbuster AND an XM Magneto statue.

Lol...there's 1 out of 200 :lol

Yep!

I like it a lot, I just don't need it. Not worth the hassle to buy to trade, and I'd just fall in love with it and not want to part with it anyway if I had gotten it.

So easy to talk yourself into EVERYTHING in this hobby.

Back