Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Widow (November 6, 2020)

Are you referring to the report that she'll be leading the new Avengers lineup going forward? Strictly from a character standpoint, Captain Marvel & Black Panther seem the obvious candidates, what with Tony, Cap and BW out of the picture. I'm somewhat skeptical about her "demanding" to be the leader. If Feige doesn't want her in that role, it doesn't happen.

Are you referring to the report that she'll be leading the new Avengers lineup going forward? Strictly from a character standpoint, Captain Marvel & Black Panther seem the obvious candidates, what with Tony, Cap and BW out of the picture. I'm somewhat skeptical about her "demanding" to be the leader. If Feige doesn't want her in that role, it doesn't happen.

Spiderman and scarlet witch seem like better choices since SW is the most powerful avenger and has been around the longest of the remaining members (outside of thor but he does his own thing) and tony left spiderman the glasses and in charge by default because peter is pure hearted much like cap was.

Cm isnt the most powerful nor has she earned her place as the leader, just cause she has a star on her uniform it doesnt make her the next captain america By default. She just wants the spotlight, to be the big show, and disney cow tailed to her

Sadly she doesnt have the charisma of chris evans, rdj, Tom Holland or Elizabeth Olson. Just get ready for a big heaping plate of breazy larson and her very serious no nonsense face. She would have been better for the darkness of dc films since she dont like to smile much- it hurts her face to smile.

I can only imagine her in bed, baby are you enjoying this ?oh hell yes? ok just making sure cause you look like you have to take a **** or your miserable or a angry or all of the above. She has to be the hardest chick to read. Seriously, its hard to tell when bri larson is happy, sad, angry, depressed, getting ****ed or is locked in a room she always has the same face and or gives off the same vibes. She is perfect for a t shirt (like that vader and spock one), the many moods of brie larson. Its ok to smile and be happy once in a while Mrs. Vader

The best and most obvious leaders of the Avengers would be Sam and Rhodey. Both have military experience, both are loyal to a fault, both are located on Earth, both were already Avengers and know the team...

How the hell they gonna have Captain Marvel, who isn’t even on Earth, barely knows any of em, lead them?

Same with Black Panther. He has been stuck in Wakanda, has his own problems there to deal with.

Sam and Rhodey make the most sense.

The best and most obvious leaders of the Avengers would be Sam and Rhodey. Both have military experience, both are loyal to a fault, both are located on Earth, both were already Avengers and know the team...

How the hell they gonna have Captain Marvel, who isn’t even on Earth, barely knows any of em, lead them?

Same with Black Panther. He has been stuck in Wakanda, has his own problems there to deal with.

Tony picked spiderman though, but not as a battle tactician like cap was both tactician and the heart and soul of the team. I dont think you can replace “the cap” figure with just 1 avenger (since none of them have caps traits). You need 2: Spiderman is caps heart and pureness (the new york guy) which is why tony picked him and maybe bucky or falcon for the tactical Leader part. Then for the heavy hitter type leader scarlet witch since she is by far the most powerful and important member left. Cm is nothing at this point hell she could t hang with thanos, he blasted (punched) her out of the movie never to return. SW was going to kill his ass which is why he called in that airstrike, there is no comparison in terms of power sets. CM is just marvels wanabe supergirl but really her only purpose is to take out ships/fleets.

Spiderman and scarlet witch seem like better choices since SW is the most powerful avenger and has been around the longest of the remaining members (outside of thor but he does his own thing) and tony left spiderman the glasses and in charge by default because peter is pure hearted much like cap was.

Cm isnt the most powerful nor has she earned her place as the leader, just cause she has a star on her uniform it doesnt make her the next captain america By default.

Well clearly you have Brie Larson issues, so I'll just focus on the characters. :lol With respect to Spidey and SW, I think you're overlooking the fact that in the MCU both were dead for 5 years, so when Tony snapped them back neither came with any more experience than they had prior to IW. Spidey is what, about to finally graduate from high school? Not what I would call uniquely qualified to be a leader. SW while powerful, doesn't have any leadership experience either. CM's been around since the 90s and was an active Avenger from the time she saved Tony and Nebula. Granted she was in space and doing it off-screen in the aforementioned 5 years during Endgame, but it's experience nonetheless.

How the hell they gonna have Captain Marvel, who isn?t even on Earth, barely knows any of em, lead them?

I agree Rhodey has a good case, but Sam not so much. Maybe once we see him in action with the shield, but IMO he has to grow into/earn a leadership role just as much as CM.

As for CM not being on Earth, who knows where the next Avengers movie will be set? Could be we have a split team - one on Earth, the other operating among the stars.

Tony picked spiderman though, but as a battle tactician like cap was both them would be perfect for that. I just think as leaders you need to replace the cap figure with 2 people. Spiderman is his heart and pureness (the new york guy), and maybe bucky or falcon for the tactical planing. Then for the heavy hitter type leader scarlet witch since she is by far the most powerful and important member left. Cm is nothing at this point hell she could t hang with thanos, he blasted (punched) her out of the movie never to return. SW was going to kill his ass which is why he called in that airstrike, there is no comparison between the too.

An interesting interpretation. Considering both derive their powers from infinity stones, I think it's a toss-up with respect to who's the most powerful. SW WAS kicking Thanos's ass, but she likely would have died if CM hadn't put an end to that air strike you mentioned. And CM had the upper hand on Thanos as well until he hit her with the power stone - a move that would have likely killed SW.

Well clearly you have Brie Larson issues, so I'll just focus on the characters. :lol With respect to Spidey and SW, I think you're overlooking the fact that in the MCU both were dead for 5 years, so when Tony snapped them back neither came with any more experience than they had prior to IW. Spidey is what, about to finally graduate from high school? Not what I would call uniquely qualified to be a leader. SW while powerful, doesn't have any leadership experience either. CM's been around since the 90s and was an active Avenger from the time she saved Tony and Nebula. Granted she was in space and doing it off-screen in the aforementioned 5 years during Endgame, but it's experience nonetheless.

I agree Rhodey has a good case, but Sam not so much. Maybe once we see him in action with the shield, but IMO he has to grow into/earn a leadership role just as much as CM.

As for CM not being on Earth, who knows where the next Avengers movie will be set? Could be we have a split team - one on Earth, the other operating among the stars.

An interesting interpretation. Considering both derive their powers from infinity stones, I think it's a toss-up with respect to who's the most powerful. SW WAS kicking Thanos's ass, but she likely would have died if CM hadn't put an end to that air strike you mentioned. And CM had the upper hand on Thanos as well until he hit her with the power stone - a move that would have likely killed SW.

I understand your point about spiderman, thats why i followed it up with another post (responded to ducky). I dont want to say the same thing again about why tony chose spiderman- but i stand by my point that no 1 avenger can replace cap. It will have be two of them. I also see your point about cm having military training but most of that was off world.

In terms of cm no i dont think she is as powerful as scarlet witch, thanos wouldnt even be able to get close to her. Maybe CM could have blasted him with her proton laser but she chose to fight him in close quarters, and while she did hold her own for a quick minute it was nothing like his desperation when sw was attacking. He calmly pulled the stone out of the gauntlet and punched her, he did not call in reinforcements. The thing about scarlet witch is her powers are fueled by her emotions so in a sense they are limitless, the more she feels the more powerful she becomes. CM as powerful as she is can be overpowered, her powers do have limits. If your speaking in terms of taking direct damage well ya cm is more powerful in that regard but scarlet which has all sorts of force fields and abilities that prevent anyone from getting close. She was literally crushing thanos to death snapping armor that no one else was really penetrating she was pissed as **** over vision and that fueled her power

A good example is darkseid and supergirl. Supergirl can beat most foes no problem but darksied overpowers her completely. Her powers have limits, she cannot brute force darkseid to victory. If you put scarlet witch against darkseid and she is pissed off or enraged it will be a tough fight for him. She is like Raven in dc, when she gets enraged she is death incarnate super op or dark Phoenix. The only way to stop them is to calm them down, there is no other way. Superman thor ironman hulk thanos darkseid green lantern, It wouldnt matter they would kill them all If they are enraged. Those three female characters are probably the most powerful of all just because they are fueled by their emotions and can unleash terrible magic spells or phoenix case just outright destruction but Im not sure her **** would effect supes but the other two chicks would **** him up

I understand your point about spiderman, thats why i followed it up with another post (responded to ducky). I dont want to say the same thing again about why tony chose spiderman- but i stand by my point that no 1 avenger can replace cap. It will have be two of them

In terms of cm no i dont think she is as powerful as scarlet witch, thanos wouldnt even be able to get close to her. Maybe CM could have blasted him with her proton laser but she chose to fight him in close quarters, and while she did hold her own for a quick minute it was nothing like his desperation when sw was attacking. He calmly pulled the stone out of the gauntlet and punched her, he did not call in reinforcements. The thing about scarlet witch is her powers are fueled by her emotions so in a sense they are limitless, the more she feels the more powerful she becomes

You make good points but you're forgetting that the circumstances changed between the two fights. SW fought him before he had the gauntlet, whereas CM fought him after he'd fended off Tony, Cap and Thor and got the gauntlet. CM at that point was focused on preventing him from snapping his fingers, which she succeeded in doing. And while she did get KO'd by Thanos, she bought Tony the time he needed to recover and pull off his infinity stone sleight of hand.

You make good points but you're forgetting that the circumstances changed between the two fights. SW fought him before he had the gauntlet, whereas CM fought him after he'd fended off Tony, Cap and Thor and got the gauntlet. CM at that point was focused on preventing him from snapping his fingers, which she succeeded in doing. And while she did get KO'd by Thanos, she bought Tony the time he needed to recover and pull off his infinity stone sleight of hand.

I agree she played a big part but if sw was there she could have used magic to accomplish the same thing with better results. hell she could have crushed the guantlet so he couldnt use it and tony would still be alive. Damn i wonder if strange missed that possibility he did say there was only 1 but maybe not :) ya i know then they couldnt snap thanos and all his minions out of existence and give tony a heroes death

I was just thinking maybe thats why wanda is going to lose it in the next dr strange movie, she going to blame his dumb as for telling tony he had to die when she could have just crushed the guantlet and ***** slapped thanos herself

I agree she played a big part but if sw was there she could have used magic to accomplish the same thing with better results. hell she could have crushed the guantlet so he couldnt use it and tony would still be alive. Damn i wonder if strange missed that possibility he did say there was only 1 but maybe not :) ya i know then they couldnt snap thanos and all his minions out of existence and give tony a heroes death

I was just thinking maybe thats why wanda is going to lose it in the next dr strange movie, she going to blame his dumb as for telling tony he had to die when she could have just crushed the guantlet and ***** slapped thanos herself

But SW WAS there when the All Girl Squad accompanied CM in attempting to get the gauntlet to Ant-Man's van, but then she was nowhere to be found. Maybe she went for a horseback ride & fly with Valkyrie? :lol But I agree she may have been able to do as well or better than CM against gauntlet wearing Thanos. But she didn't. Maybe that was the 14,000,606th possible outcome. :wink1:

I?m ready for it just do it now I need my MCU fix after this crazy 2020.

Just something anything at this point.

Release Mando S2 and BW today i?ll watch both asap.

Tenet too screw it sorry Nolan.

It'll be fun to return to the MCU but I am glad that we've had this unusually long break since the end of the Infinity Saga. It makes the IS seem even more set apart and complete.

Hmm, well for me, from CM's film appearances, I think she would be an outlier. She's affiliated with the A team now, but I feel she'll want to keep traversing space, similar to GOTG, but alone. Of course she had minimal screen time in EG, however I didn't get the gist she melded well enough with the whole team (I speculate/hope she'll be given a much more substantial arc/story in upcoming features to do so).

I'm enthralled with the recent super heroine films of late, Wonder Woman, Alita, Captain Marvel (especially :D). I'm looking forward to see how this Black Widow film will turn out! :)

Scarlet Witch can't lead the Avengers. If you are paying attention to the trailer for the upcoming show, it seems fairly obviously that they are doing a House of M style story there. The only way to explain that Wanda and Vision are together, and in all of these different TV show tropes, is that SW has created an alternate reality where they have a domesticated life together. As such she has a tenuous grip with reality - in House of M this alternate reality almost completely destroyed reality as it was known because SW was crazy from grief. Seems plausible that this is happening here as well.

Spider-Man can't lead the Avengers. That's just not who he is and honestly it would be wholly unbelievable.

Black Widow (November 6, 2020)

It'll be fun to return to the MCU but I am glad that we've had this unusually long break since the end of the Infinity Saga. It makes the IS seem even more set apart and complete.

This time break has solidified the Infinity Saga entry into what I consider to be the super exclusive club of cinematic events that had seismic cultural impact or significance.

They are:

1. JAWS establishing the summer movie season with a wide release strategy.

2. Star Wars can?t even be quantified nuff said

3. MCU connected universe

Notice no LOTR.

It might have been filmed back to back but that method would never be repeated or replicated so it really had little to no cultural or social impact.

I?m wondering if Cameron being first to break 1B and 2B setting the tone for current market should be on that list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

This time break has solidified the Infinity Saga entry into what I consider to be the super exclusive club of cinematic events that had seismic cultural impact or significance.

They are:

1. JAWS establishing the summer movie season with a wide release strategy.

2. Star Wars can?t even be quantified nuff said

3. MCU connected universe

Notice no LOTR.

It might have been filmed back to back but that method would never be repeated or replicated so it really had little to no cultural or social impact.

I?m wondering if Cameron being first to break 1B and 2B setting the tone for current market should be on that list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He probably deserves to be but he's a tool so I'm good with your omitting him. :lol

I'm tempted to take a screen shot of your LOTR comment and send it to Stephen Colbert. He'd probably join the forum just so he could debate you. :lol

Scarlet Witch can't lead the Avengers. If you are paying attention to the trailer for the upcoming show, it seems fairly obviously that they are doing a House of M style story there. The only way to explain that Wanda and Vision are together, and in all of these different TV show tropes, is that SW has created an alternate reality where they have a domesticated life together. As such she has a tenuous grip with reality - in House of M this alternate reality almost completely destroyed reality as it was known because SW was crazy from grief. Seems plausible that this is happening here as well.

Spider-Man can't lead the Avengers. That's just not who he is and honestly it would be wholly unbelievable.

Spider man is the heart and soul of the avengers they need him no other avenger outside of cap has that. Its a purity that cannot be replaced by cm, falcon, bucky, hulk, widow (if they bring her back), hawkeye, thor, ant man, star lord, nobody can replace that leadership aspect cap had. Therefore you cannot have just 1 leader, spiderman has to be involved in some capacity as the conscience of the avengers that makes sure they do the right thing its not about tactical war planning or being dominant or even war experience. Thats why tony picked him he reminded him the most of cap in terms of heart. Cm is cold as **** she doesnt have the heart that cap and spidey have. She is more alien then human Like supergirl

And yes scarlet witch cant be the main leader either what i meant was she should take the lead against the heavy hitters, the major threats because she is the most equipped to handle them and therefore lead the team to victory in such battles.

I wasn't saying that Spider-Man couldn't be the morality compass for the team. I was simply stating that he would not be believable as the leader of the Avengers - I think we all realize that people can have great impacts on teams without being the leader, I mean that happens in the real world all the time.

Spider man is the heart and soul of the avengers they need him no other avenger outside of cap has that. Its a purity that cannot be replaced by cm, falcon, bucky, hulk, widow (if they bring her back), hawkeye, thor, ant man, star lord, nobody can replace that leadership aspect cap had. Therefore you cannot have just 1 leader, spiderman has to be involved in some capacity as the conscience of the avengers that makes sure they do the right thing its not about tactical war planning or being dominant or even war experience. Thats why tony picked him he reminded him the most of cap in terms of heart. Cm is cold as **** she doesnt have the heart that cap and spidey have. She is more alien then human Like supergirl

And yes scarlet witch cant be the main leader either what i meant was she should take the lead against the heavy hitters, the major threats because she is the most equipped to handle them and therefore lead the team to victory in such battles.

Spidey feels like a peripheral member of the team that steps in when there's something big going on. He's got his own thing going in his own neighborhood but steps up when they need him most. Someone mentioned Sam or Rhodey earlier and I think they're obvious choices. They feel like core members that don't have a side gig like Spidey and Captain Marvel. I'm enjoying this debate about fictional leadership of a fictional team much more than I thought I would :)

Spidey feels like a peripheral member of the team that steps in when there's something big going on. He's got his own thing going in his own neighborhood but steps up when they need him most. Someone mentioned Sam or Rhodey earlier and I think they're obvious choices. They feel like core members that don't have a side gig like Spidey and Captain Marvel. I'm enjoying this debate about fictional leadership of a fictional team much more than I thought I would :)

There's no debating it - the obvious choice is.....Namor!

:chase

Back