Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Widow (November 6, 2020)

Disney in trouble?

Try movie theaters are all going bye bye lol.

Studios are also in trouble BUT at least they have streaming and ancillary revenue to keep them alive.

That might not be as good as big box office money but it is better than nothing and Disney has other industries as well.

Theaters are screwed lol

Theaters going bye bye is Disney's problem too. The direct release to streaming services is not appearing to be successful, which is why this movie got pushed back again.

If Mando can't continue to captivate and hold a massive audience how many millions of Disney+ subscriptions do you imagine they will lose?

Theaters going bye bye is Disney's problem too. The direct release to streaming services is not appearing to be successful, which is why this movie got pushed back again.

If Mando can't continue to captivate and hold a massive audience how many millions of Disney+ subscriptions do you imagine they will lose?

The direct release for Mulan wasnt successful cause they restricted it to disney plus members then charged them what 30 bucks to basically rent it for 3 months -nobody in their right mind would do that- it will be free on disney plus by the end of December so most people just chose to wait rather then be ripped off.

Had they not been so greedy to begin with and released Mulan like Trolls 2 was released via all streaming sites like vudu, apple, fandango it would have done fine. It didnt help that the movie got a crap ton of bad pr due to their decision to film next to concentration camps and even went so far as to thank the company responsible for the genocide in the credits lol

I am sure they delayed widow only because their disney plus release ripoff scheme failed miserably- if they release widow the proper way making it available for purchase or rent on all the sites it will do fine. Sadly they are just too greedy to do this but im afraid its going to back fire on them big time- this wont make good money when it finally hits theaters because people dont care about theaters in a post covid world the movie will just fade from peoples minds along with any interest they may have had in it or the MCU phase 4 or even superhero movies in generally

Warner is doing the same dumb thing with WW 84, I'm sure it will be moved again from the December date

Ironically ZS justice league, a movie we thought would never see the light of day, will probably be the next superhero movie we see. Its either going to keep people interested in the genre until they release these movies or its going to help kill it- the studios are already doing a fine job of that with all these delays and their fallacy in thinking that they will be making billions of dollars again in theater ticket sales like the pre-covid days.

Why dont they just do simultaneous releases both in theater and at home on demand at the same time?? What do they have to lose doing it like that. Pushing **** back endlessly is not the answer unless they want to kill any and all interest in the genre

I think Netflix is behind covid lol

If they were willing to pay disney 1 billion dollars for black widow we’d be watching it already on netflix. Its billions or bust for disney they would rather keep the movie in the vault for all eternity then air it in On demand Home video- its pretty obvious. 500 mill **** that even without the theater taking its small cut they turn it down. I just dont understand their logic here, its not going to turn out the way you think rey

With BW now pushed into 2021 Endgame truly was an End Game couldn?t have asked for a better title lol

So two things are going to happen when the MCU finally returns into cinema god knows when that?s going to be.

1. No one will care about the MCU or even superheroes in general anymore and it will fizzle out before it can take off again.

or

2. People will have missed cinema and the MCU bad enough that it propels the MCU into another mega hit sensational event.

MCU and superhero flux have had their day, and will once again be relegated back to the nerds and geeks.

I think the cycle is due for the action hero tough guy to come around again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCU and superhero flux have had their day, and will once again be relegated back to the nerds and geeks.

I think the cycle is due for the action hero tough guy to come around again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a very nerdy era, dominated I guess by:

MCU Phase 1-3 2008-2019
Game of Thrones 2011-2019

...with a bunch of random geeky stuff mixed in...in terms of things with mass appeal I guess the DCEU and shows like Westworld maybe...

Eleven years is good run. I wonder if general audiences can take a few more years...

*EDIT: I actually forgot the Sequel Trilogy. Honest, it was unintentional! :rotfl

Last edited:

Superhero movies and star wars and/or scifi are the only reason to go to movie theaters. There is absolutely no need to watch movies like tenant or Parasite in the theater, since they do not really benefit from the huge sound and large screen real estate. Home theaters especially TV's have far surpassed the image quality you get at many movie theaters (limited to 2k). There is no way these type of movies (everything besides Superhero, Sci fi Big blockbusters) will make money in the theater especially post covid. Superhero movies, star wars, and big special effects blockbusters such as Godzilla benefit from the bigger screens but anything outside of these genres do not. A 75 plus oled with dolby atmos setup will give you a better picture and good sound and be just as immersive if not more then the larger theater for nearly all movies even the big blockbusters but again they do benefit from Imax experience whereas your run of the mill drama or crime caper will not. If you have a 75-85 inch tv in a 800-1100 sq foot room its like your own private movie theater anyway without any of the ambient noises (phone texting, chatting, coughing, farting) you do not want to hear

Yeah, the movie going experience is moving home.... and smaller: on the phone.

There is little appetite for massive epic 3+ hours extravaganzas... people want bite-size digestibles. Epics are cut up into 10 hours series (with about 5 hours of fluff thrown in). Throw covid in the mix and I cannot imagine the desire to go to a theater for anything but the largest SFX epic... or perhaps a really great comedy (more fun with an audience).

Love stories, slice-of-life, dramas, mysteries, buddy-buddy, and all Oscar type fair is no longer something people will go to a dark, moist, cramped theater for.

Yeah, the movie going experience is moving home.... and smaller: on the phone.

There is little appetite for massive epic 3+ hours extravaganzas... people want bite-size digestibles. Epics are cut up into 10 hours series (with about 5 hours of fluff thrown in). Throw covid in the mix and I cannot imagine the desire to go to a theater for anything but the largest SFX epic... or perhaps a really great comedy (more fun with an audience).

Love stories, slice-of-life, dramas, mysteries, buddy-buddy, and all Oscar type fair is no longer something people will go to a dark, moist, cramped theater for.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Moist??? What kind of theaters did you frequent? :lol

Even big blockbusters are going to have problems making money if they only release in the theater post covid- the days of 1 billion box office numbers are over but sadly both warner and disney do not see it. They think people will flock back in droves, that they have been salivating like rabid dogs to get back in theaters, but what they dont realize is people dont miss movie theaters as much as they think they do. All things fade from the mind in time. Also with people stuck in their houses like 95% of the time due to covid many people have upgraded their home theater equipment.

They need to really think hard about these constant push backs. The time value of money is also a factor, the longer warner and disney just sit on these movies the more money they are actually leaving on the table and losing- they should me making money now. They just need to bite the bullet and do simultaneous releases, if movies theaters dont like it tell them to **** off, they have no leverage anymore- in fact many have already gone out of business-they arent going to selling out all the show times or be seeing theaters packed to the brim like they used to be. It just boggles my mind why they are both so determined to wait until covid is gone (when will that be) just put blind faith that things will be the same, that theaters will be packed again- and people wont use their new home theaters especially when they see how good the picture is and realize its actually better then movie theaters- lets face the facts movie theaters arent so great anymore even pre covid- everything is overpriced, out dated technology cause they are too cheap to upgrade, sticky floors, piss stained bathrooms, popcorn that gets you sick-- the list can go on and on-
Plus the popcorn, beer, margaritas, water and nachos are way cheaper in my theater then the ones that have been closed or basically empty for over 6 months lol

Also with people stuck in their houses like 95% of the time due to covid many people have upgraded their home theater equipment.

This is a huge issue that the studios love and hate. It kills theatrical... but its great for the new horizon: streaming.

All they have to do is figure out how to maximize profits without isolating/insulting consumers... and there will be even more money to be made than theaters.

Well yes, that's annoying as hell. I just don't follow the moist part lol...

Dark, dank auditorium, damp, sticky soda on the floor... theaters can seem moist to me. Sweat, coughs and BO in the air mixed with warm popcorn smells.

Its hell, I tell you. Pure hell.

Dark, dank auditorium, damp, sticky soda on the floor... theaters can seem moist to me. Sweat, coughs and BO in the air mixed with warm popcorn smells.

The worst experiences I've had recently in theatres amount to the odd kid talking, malodorous washrooms...crowds necessitating a line-up for aforementioned washrooms...but other than that not too bad. Especially the VIP experience with cocktails, wine and beer available in comfy chairs. Of course...that was all before The Plague.

The last 'event' film I saw was Endgame. Two back-to-back showings. :lol

:rotfl

Well yes, that does sound rather hellish. :lol

The only theaters I've been to in the past few years have all been upgraded with the extra wide lounge chair seats, about two feet of arm rest between you and the next person and about 10 feet between rows. I guess that has helped keep me oblivious to all the sweat, coughs and BO. Of course that could be because I'M the sweaty cougher with BO. :lol Actually I'm pretty sure I'm not, as no doubt my family/friends would have called me out - they're not shy about such things.

In the 70's and 80's no doubt.

Exactly- i was too young for new hope but man empire and rotj was insanity, my mind was blown and everyone in the theater was into it there no ******** chatter or cellphone texting lol. 89 batman was a ****ing huge event as well i remember standing in line with my dad hours before it started- the line wrapped around the entire movie theater complex. The crowd was so into that movie being the first batman movie ever-the experience was off the charts. It was also somewhat crazy for the ot special editon rereleases but that was only opening night lol once they saw what Gl had done word spread fast lol.

I must admit phantom menace and revenge of the sith was pretty crazy too..i dont remember atoc vibe i tried to wipe that whole experience from my memory i hated it so much at the time. But for pm and especially sith the lines were huge and people were excited, they were dressed up like they were at comic con, lightsabers were everwhere lol. People still knew how to be respectful in theaters back then it was quite when it was supposed to be then cheering or ooing and awing in unison no cellphone ******** or chatter.

I dont remember all the dressing up for the ot maybe cause i was too young and just so enamored by the movies themselves to even notice. T2 didnt seem like a huge event too me i dont remember long lines but i do remember we saw it in the biggest theater in our area at the time so that maybe why the lines werent huge cause the theater sat like 1000 people

I dont want to forget jaws 3d either while its not a good jaws film i remember it blew my mind as it was the first 3d movie i remember seeing- and since it was jaws people were excited as hell lol. I always forget was that the jaws movie with dennis quaid as the life guard aka jaws 3 or was it 3d

Back