Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they literally grabbed this guy for Kang:

majors-kang-marvel.jpg

And Mandarin is nothing like the comics. I'm not too optimistic. Part of the fun was that Kang was similar to Reed and Doom and you had this what-if thing going on with Reed, Reed's dad Nathaniel and Doom. Now that's lost, and most importantly that guy has no regality. I can't imagine him as Immortus. I suspect they did it purely to have a black guy ruling Egypt because now Egyptians are black for some reason. I still remember the hissfit tumblr threw when Rami Malek played an Egyptian. Don't get me started on that Exodus film...
Black washing, they should have hired someone with blue skin.

Yes, my point exactly. And Disney is the enabler. Its now about broadening market-share and inclusivity.

All the characters will change from now on going forward.
It's all about money. It always was, but they used to have some integrity.
Black washing, they should have hired someone with blue skin.
It's a mask.

Kang-Full-Page-Young-Avengers.jpg

Yes, my point exactly. And Disney is the enabler. Its now about broadening market-share and inclusivity.

All the characters will change from now on going forward.
The silly thing is that they don't need to increase marketshare as the MCU was just fine before this new blatant push for diversity. No one cared about how diverse or not diverse the MCU was because people just want to see great movies.

Inclusivity means American inclusivity rather than global inclusivity. It seems these days that diversity means black, yet all the other ethnicities are being left behind. There are a lot more Hispanics in America than blacks. Worldwide ~3/7 of the population are Chinese and Indian.

Companies are given ESG scores for their wokeness. Look it up, just heard about it yesterday. It is messed up. I want characters that are represented properly from the comics. I must have my F4 and Doom white, just like my Panther and Blade to be black, Shang Chi to be Asian.

Inclusivity means American inclusivity rather than global inclusivity. It seems these days that diversity means black, yet all the other ethnicities are being left behind. There are a lot more Hispanics in America than blacks. Worldwide ~3/7 of the population are Chinese and Indian.
Hispanics are probably tough to cast. We're arguably the most diverse people on the planet. We can look like any ethnicity or race. Hollywood likes a certain type tho. But in reality, we can look white, black, Asian, indigenous, middle eastern, or ant kind of mixture that you can imagine.

Reddit has the answers you seek if you don't care to see the movie. Out in AU/NZ and EU. Read the whole plot.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Reddit has the answers you seek if you don't care to see the movie. Out in AU/NZ and EU. Read the whole plot.

Spoiler Spoiler:
7.3/10 on IMDb on day one is not a good sign as they usually start high and then drop.

7.3/10 on IMDb on day one is not a good sign as they usually start high and then drop.
To be fair, this movie should have been out more than a year ago and has been picked apart for a good while now. Her dying in a previous movie really has some people scratching their heads on this. But Marvel will still print the money. This Covid time has really delayed the hype train, but I know there is a lot of people ready to get to theaters and scratch a Marvel movie itch.

I'm glad Covid happened in 2020 and not 2019. Can you imagine delaying Endgame for over a year and then streaming it at home after that IW ending?

It really did feel like after endgame Covid just said
“ alright time to **** **** up”

Jeez this film is getting chopped up by both critics and the media .
I think Phase 4 probably won’t be respected until maybe Eternals and Spider-man

Eternals looks way worse than this.

Spider-Man will probably be a major let down and not live up to the hype/rumors.

Black Widow is an unnecessary movie. She's a glorified sidekick with no powers and a somewhat mysterious origin that's more fitting for a Disney show, not a film. If there ever was a good time for a BW film, it was back in phase 1 or 2, not phase 4 after her death.

She's in the same tier as TWS, Falcon, Hawkeye, Vision, Ant-Man and Wasp.

Loki is above them, but still not good enough for a solo film.

Last edited:
Back