Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Widow Movie

When I first heard about the Black Widow movie I was hoping they were going to rethink the David Hayter screenplay from a few years back. But, hey, I guess a comedy from the writer of Olaf's Frozen Adventure and a movie about an alien invasion during a baby shower could be just as good as a movie from the guy who wrote the first two X-Men movies.

When I first heard about the Black Widow movie I was hoping they were going to rethink the David Hayter screenplay from a few years back. But, hey, I guess a comedy from the writer of Olaf's Frozen Adventure and a movie about an alien invasion during a baby shower could be just as good as a movie from the guy who wrote the first two X-Men movies.

avd.gif

Ragnarok was fine, it worked and I enjoyed it. The problem I had is that there's already been 2 Avengers movies and 2 Thor movies, all of which portray the characters in a different light.

If it had been Thor 1 then it would have better set the tone going forward to maybe go a little darker or serious (etc), and yes there have been some comedic moments in the aforementioned movies, but it's not the same thing. Ragnarok was almost parody and yeah while I had a lot of fun watching it, it did seem to gloss over the savage deaths of Thors entourage, with no real pause for lamentation.

Point being, Black Widow is basically now in the same boat. She's been relativity serious, yes a few 'Hey Fellas' remarks here and there, so to go down the full on comedy route (because hey Guardians and Thor 3 worked so.. :lecture :slap) may seem really out of character, and (time will obviously tell) a mistake.

Yeah, personally I hate the idea of having a 'Comedy' BW :(
- Go Gritty, Sexy and femme fatale or go home :lol

Yeah, personally I hate the idea of having a 'Comedy' BW :(
- Go Gritty, Sexy and femme fatale or go home :lol

THIS. What worries me is after the success of Ragnarok the "formula" will be applied to multiple movies:(.

Comedies are hard, besides. Not every actor/actress is good at comedy and readily admit to that. Then there's the strain of trying to be just as funny as the previous which to me never seems to happen and then the "comedy" is drifting into heavier stuff anyway.

I'd rather they not make this at all if it's going to have comedy aspects. A gritty Jason Bourne esque movie where her current mission takes her back to uncover some truths about her Widow training is what I want to see.

But that sounds like a complete rip off of Jason Bourne.

How about a flick where she is just doing her job. No morals. Anti-Hero stuff.

Yep! She's got Red in the ledger of hers - So lets see it. :lecture
- Marvel Leave the (comedy) Disney fluff @ the door :thwak

Or a political espionage film. I mean, when she leaked all of SHIELDS stuff, it leaves for past demons to come gunning for her. Which could be interesting with the Registration Act, plus she could be under trial. I know after TWS, the government was all Gucci with her ****, but **** would go down if that actually happened in reality. Action could be in the form of her past coming after Her.

Main reason I want it to be somewhat political, is cause I want my boy, Matty Murdock somewhere. Give me Daredevil!!!!

Don't get all the love for this one. Seem uninteresting, same as if it was a Hawkeye movie.

Don't get all the love for this one. Seem uninteresting, same as if it was a Hawkeye movie.

I doubt most are actually interested in what this movie might have to offer for the MCU as a whole - I think most just want to see the actress. :lol

...which I can understand if this is a prequel movie, but don't really get if this takes place after IW 'cause Widow's new hairstyle is just fuggly.

I doubt most are actually interested in what this movie might have to offer for the MCU as a whole - I think most just want to see the actress. :lol

...which I can understand if this is a prequel movie, but don't really get if this takes place after IW 'cause Widow's new hairstyle is just fuggly.

Widow's new hairstyle is feminist and empowering :lecture

Or a political espionage film. I mean, when she leaked all of SHIELDS stuff, it leaves for past demons to come gunning for her. Which could be interesting with the Registration Act, plus she could be under trial. I know after TWS, the government was all Gucci with her ****, but **** would go down if that actually happened in reality. Action could be in the form of her past coming after Her.

Main reason I want it to be somewhat political, is cause I want my boy, Matty Murdock somewhere. Give me Daredevil!!!!
Black Widow and Daredevil were lovers for a while in the comic's. I could see it on the big screen.

Back