Black Lagoon w/ big blurry pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great looking piece.
Might be the flash, but I think the green may be a little too vibrant for my tastes
Otherwise, kicks freakin arse....

I think a nice backdrop will resolve my issues with the pose also ..... :monkey1

I just got mine, this is a simply spectacular piece! :clap

Sideshow wanted to get this one just right, and they most certainly did!

:fireworks

Mine arrived today and it is beautiful. One of the best pieces in my entire JAWS/SUPERHERO/MONSTERS/MOVIES EVERYTHING ELSE collection.

The detail on the Creature is incredible. The base and it's colors are amazing.

Can you "love" a statue?

BB

Mine arrived today!!!! To Answer your question about the green being too vibrant, it is just the pics. The Color is Spot on! Well worth the wait and the Money spent.:lol

Last edited:
I'm usually one of the first monster kids on the block to have mine, so this waiting sucks big time. Oh well, at least I'm saving $100 and can live vicariously through the pics of you guys until mine surfaces.

finally got mine!!! fantastic piece. my first universal monster pf and an excellent way to start.

IMG_4835.jpg

Sorry about all the crap on my desk. And my camera's LED display is broke so I can't use any of the camera's settings including the white balance feature. AAARRGGHHH!!!:banghead

Creature_1.jpg

Creature_2.jpg

Creature_3.jpg

How do sculptors keep all of those "bumps" and details on the Creature's hide from flattening and changing shape as he/she handles the sculpt? It boggles my freakin' mind!

BB

if its sculpey, you can hit areas with a heat gun to harden them while keeping other areas pliable

But I believe most of SS's guys use wax, which doesnt easily mush when touched.
a heated "pen" adds wax by droplets, then heated tools shape....

if its sculpey, you can hit areas with a heat gun to harden them while keeping other areas pliable

But I believe most of SS's guys use wax, which doesnt easily mush when touched.
a heated "pen" adds wax by droplets, then heated tools shape....

Never thought of using a heat gun to harden the sculpey. I had to sculpt a set of shark jaws for a project and used sculpey which I've heard is widely used and man, what a b***h!

BB

not a fan of the pose and the way he's cocked to the side. I would've bought a standing pose creature.

Here are the pics of my CFBL PF in his new Home, and One pic of the rest of the gang. I spent a bit of time squeezing him in my showcase it so full. He's the last one that will fit for sure, :( so it looks like time to start looking for a new and bigger display case. Also someone requested box pics here they are, Im not a very good photographer so what you see is what you get.

P6140025.jpg

P6140026.jpg

P6140027.jpg

P6140029.jpg

P6140030.jpg

P6140024.jpg

P6140031-1.jpg

P6140035-1.jpg

P6140028.jpg

Last edited:
Back