Black Hole StormTrooper PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Optibotimus Reviews: SSC Premium Format Blackhole Stormtrooper

Another awesome review. Favorited :D . Looking forward to more SS Statue reviews .

One more thing , loved the "lesson" at the start. Maybe you can add similar stuff to other videos . Helps give us more insight into our hobby.

can not find anything on this piece.. those scratches are way to many and makes this look not natural at all ! Then the same pose (same statue) as the white one.. just dipped black.. nope sideshow.. instead bring better new statues !

thanks for the review. I get this and the commander next week.

the more I look at the weathering the more I dislike it. I think I should have stuck with my original plan to just repaint the second white one I have.

uploadfromtaptalk1393621388792.jpg

Scars are cool :D . My opinion is that variation is welcome. We have seen our fair share of "Shiny" Stormtroopers. Time for some change.

I can see how 2-3 cracks in the armor could happen, but this is over the top.
His brains should be spilling out of his ears if his head would have been banged so many times as to allow all this battle damage. No wonder they don't hit anything with those blasters.
Sustaining ALL THAT damage - That is one hell of a super-trooper :slap

as said.. I don't mind weathering.. scuffs and scratches.. but thats jut to much and looks not natural caused... someone went crazy with the dremmel

yep, battle damage done properly is always welcome.

that is not the case here.

The battle damaged is waaay too much here, it looks like he survived the Death Star explosion itself. The 1:6 figure looked like it participated in the Pie Wars, this one looks like it has a stone armor from Flinstone's stone age. I'm also not a big fan of the short back leg pose, which unfortunately was present in the first TK PF. Maybe you have seen the custom JD 1:3 Stormtrooepr statue that has a perfect pose, why SS has to come with weird poses like the Stormie PF's and the Scout PF...

well to my amazement, I actually like this guy.

the weathering is over-the-top for sure, but it is more than just paint. They actually dinged him up (in a good way) to add depth/realism.

He is still #3 on the list (commander being #1) but I am glad to own him.

pics in a day or two.

its a good photo!!! congratulations. :) i decided to get all three also after seeing photos online of the trio together. now its a must own!!!

I have been debating getting one since I miss collecting Star Wars. My favorite has always been the Blackhole Stormtrooper followed by Commander. I'm just not feeling them in PF and I don't know why. Maybe it's because they are all making the same pose. I think I might just go with the Original and call it a day.

I saw this at my LCS today and I had to pick it up. It's too cool. It's a stormtrooper but it really catches the eye and makes you double take. I don't mind the battle damage. It's EU stuff!

I've just got this for £178.00 delivered, I like the look of the battle damage & it make the statue more interesting in my opinion..., can't please everyone though I guess. :)

Back