1/6 Birds of Prey - 1/6th scale Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it's the awkward helmet-like hair, but this likeness looks really off for me. I'd like a Harley from this movie, but maybe they'll make a different, better one. Love my Suicide Squad version, but this one is a big disappointment for me.

Yeah the hair is just way too tight to the head for some reason. It needs to be made bigger and have the darker roots painted in. Right now it feels like whoever painted this barely studied the movie photos at all.

It dawned on me that the one thing they really missed was the great look of mischief that Margot has on her face for a good chunk of the film. I'm going out on a limb here and saying that whoever did the sculpt was second or third tier sculptor.

The sculpt is by Yulli, who's one of their best & most experienced sculptors. I think the sculpt is fine, it's the choice of a tame expression and the lack of make-up/bold colors. Responsibility for those falls on the art director and painters.

Screenshot_2020-02-06 Hot Toys Birds of Prey - Harley Quinn 1 6th scale collectible figure .jpg

The sculpt is by Yulli, who's one of their best & most experienced sculptors. I think the sculpt is fine, it's the choice of a tame expression and the lack of make-up/bold colors. Responsibility for those falls on the art director and painters.

View attachment 477967

wow, I'm a bit surprised, but will agree that the end result decision was botched. Hopefully the eyes are adjustable, although it doesn't look like they are in that special feature breakdown. Too bad, that would have helped at least some.

Yeah the hair is just way too tight to the head for some reason. It needs to be made bigger and have the darker roots painted in. Right now it feels like whoever painted this barely studied the movie photos at all.
I was just gonna say the same things about the hair, it really looks bad to me. And maybe the lack of makeup is making the eyes look wrong but something seems off. I just wanted the head sculpt but if they can't change the hair and other things I guess I'll skip it.

On the fence about this one. The aculpt and costume are there, but the paint work really doesn't pop like it should on the portrait and the hair looks drawn on or something. We'll see how it turns out. Really hoping for Black Mask and some of the Birds.

Likeness to Margot is there and I even like the expression but makeup definitely needs to be heavier especially around the eyes. Skin tone needs to be lighter to.

I like it, but I agree the likeness isn't as spot on as others, but it's still really good and I really like the outfit they've picked. Will definitely watch for more images before making a decision, but am tempted.

She’s up on Sideshow for $259. I’m on the fence. Part of me wants her, but not sure if I’d rather wait for another version.

I'm going to wait. The secret base photos actually look good imo, but she has so many looks from the movie. I figure I've got some time to decide and they should have all of the figures they will make announced within the next few months.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the outfit, or the exposed joints that come with it, and far prefer the previous sculpts on SS and prison Harleys to this one, so I'll skip this release personally, just like I did the gold dress version, and wait to see what other versions they put up (if any).

Is the expression i don?t like on this.

I?ll wait, i?m pretty sure we?ll get a few Harleys, especially now that the film is a massive critics hit and the opening weekend numbers are climbing.

First post! I was so ready for this to get announced and to preorder it but they really dropped the ball here. Her hair is too dark/lacks the root color and the makeup paint is non-existent and it just falls a little flat. Here's a little mockup of what it should look like, with some more hair flourishes.

160946c52e1edbcaf03255a0d30fdb3cea2bf025.png

She’s up on Sideshow for $259. I’m on the fence. Part of me wants her, but not sure if I’d rather wait for another version.

$259 is too much for this. I'd just wait it out, who knows if they'll do different version.

I think the sculpt is good, I can see the likeness. It's certainly not wildly off like some people are making it out to be.

I really think this is what she should look like! Her hair does look too dark in the prototype photos and the makeup is wayyy to light to even resemble Harley Quinn, she is also more pale like in Suicide Squad. The painter really dropped the ball on this one and they should redo it. Hopefully, we get a Harley Quinn in the Harley Quinn t-shirt and grenade launcher with a more serious face (I think the expressions are what damage the likeness). For them to release Thanos and give him a spot on likeness, this is sort underwhelming. :(

First post! I was so ready for this to get announced and to preorder it but they really dropped the ball here. Her hair is too dark/lacks the root color and the makeup paint is non-existent and it just falls a little flat. Here's a little mockup of what it should look like, with some more hair flourishes.

160946c52e1edbcaf03255a0d30fdb3cea2bf025.png

HT tend to go a bit too light with make up. Helas make up was lacking too.

Back