Bioshock: Infinite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this even possible on hard? I mean I have fought about 5 waves of patriots. This is ****ing impossible. I literally run out of ammo. :dunno

The bulk of my deaths were caused by the final battle. It was frustrating. I should've upgraded the RPG more because it's so weak, especially against the Pats on hard. Whenever "it" becomes available, have "it" attack the ground troops and Pats that will inevitably congregate in front of the engine. I made that a priority. Too much time would be wasted taking out the Pats one at a time otherwise.

Cool, thanks for the tip. I am just trying to gauge whether the book is a cash grab or if it's actually useful, but I guess that would all depend on how into the property you are. But, I'll probably just end up buying both cuz I'm a sucker. :yess:

My task at hand is to make my own Elizabeth figure, so I'm in research mode right now.

I flipped through my BI art book that arrived from Amazon today. It's certainly not a cash grab. It's an oversized edition book like many of Dark Horse's art books and is a really high quality production. Beautiful cover underneathe the dust jacket, stitched spine so you can lay the book completely flat on a table when open (as opposed to glued spines, which feels cheaper to me), beautiful print quality and thick paper stock. Most pages have brief commentary to coincide with the art, and there's a good amount of varied/cut designs from the game present. A good chunk of the book is dedicated to Elizabeth and Booker. A considerable 18 pages alone for Elizabeth.

Definitely worth the $23 on Amazon right now. While not the best video game art book I've ever seen, it's still quite good and does the game justice. The one thing that would have set it over the top would have been the inclusion of in-game renders/models to go with the drawn artwork present. The book lacks any of that, which is a small disappointment.

Last edited:
Apparently if you
Spoiler Spoiler:
This alone should help me out. What really bugs me is after watching the video I was there twice last night and only needed to kill a couple guys. :slap

I must admit the first two Bioshocks had very weak bosses. I guess the people spoke and they listened. :rotfl

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Apparently if you
Spoiler Spoiler:
This alone should help me out. What really bugs me is after watching the video I was there twice last night and only needed to kill a couple guys. :slap

I must admit the first two Bioshocks had very weak bosses. I guess the people spoke and they listened. :rotfl

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just beat 1999 mode without using Dollar Bill machines. Guys, the biggest lifesaver for higher difficulties is the Return to Sender vigor with upgrades. It's overpowered to high heaven. It'll take out the Patriots with ease. And to "win" the final battle, you gotta take out the Zeppelins, or enemies will keep coming for all eternity.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think this is going to be my lifesaver. We will see tonight. My wife is getting super pissed because I've been gaming every night since Gears of War came out. I keep trying to tell her I'm almost done with it. :lol

Just beat 1999 mode without using Dollar Bill machines. Guys, the biggest lifesaver for higher difficulties is the Return to Sender vigor with upgrades. It's overpowered to high heaven. It'll take out the Patriots with ease. And to "win" the final battle, you gotta take out the Zeppelins, or enemies will keep coming for all eternity.

Congrats! That's got to feel good to get that double achievement! :duff

I was just watching some Youtube videos of the final battle in 1999 mode....all I could think to myself was I don't think I'll EVER be able to do that. :lol I have rarely used Return to Sender...but I will give it a try...max that out with upgrades as well as hydro and possession. A maxed out Possession is good to use on the Patriots as well...then you can get one to work on taking out the other since they seem to come in pairs.

I think this is going to be my lifesaver. We will see tonight. My wife is getting super pissed because I've been gaming every night since Gears of War came out. I keep trying to tell her I'm almost done with it. :lol

Good luck! :D I hope for you and your wife's sake you can finish tonight. Don't want a pissed off missus! :lol

Good luck Josh. I don't often play games on the hardest mode.....but I'm going to give this a try at some point. But first I have to do hard.

Yeah my wife gets pissed too when I get a new game. She knows that I'll be spending less time with her and hogging up the big screen T.V.:lol That's why I have a backup plan in the form of a computer monitor in case she wants to watch the T.V.

Good luck Josh. I don't often play games on the hardest mode.....but I'm going to give this a try at some point. But first I have to do hard.

Thanks! :) Sometimes I do and somtimes I don't. It depends on if I feel like putting in the effort. :lol If its a game like Gears or Halo I will do it no matter what to be honest. Sometimes its just not worth the time (dead space 2 with only like 4-5 saves for the whole game). This sounds like it will be a challenge but as long as I can go back to a previous save when I lose that's ok by me. Beating games like this solo on the hardest is fun.

wow this game is so fun.
mixing vigors + gunplay is just too much fun.
god I love using the sky rails.

great game so far.
I think I am 60% done.
the graphics on this game are just amazing. textures are unreal.

I have rarely used Return to Sender...but I will give it a try...max that out with upgrades as well as hydro and possession. A maxed out Possession is good to use on the Patriots as well...then you can get one to work on taking out the other since they seem to come in pairs.

I used the secondary mode of RtS constantly in the final battle. If you hold down the button and 'set a trap' it just leaves an orb there that absorbs all incoming fire. It lasts a surprisingly long time. Just leave them in front of the core.

But overall, I think the ability to absorb all incoming fire and the shoot it back at its target is the best ability ever. :yess:

For whatever reason, I never had much money to upgrade my vigors, but I definitely need to start a new playthrough and strategerize this time.

Just switched it to normal and breezed through it. I don't have the time to do this **** anymore. :lol

I need a minute on the story. At first I was like that's it? But now I need to put it all together. :slap:lol

just finished the game ! wow what a mind **** in a great way.
wow ! what a ride that was. one of the best looking fps's out there.
On pc this game looked stunning.

9/10 for me.

Game looked stunning on the 360 but it doesn't matter since this game was just plain awesome.

Back