BIOHAZARD / RESIDENT EVIL 5 by Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hELLS YES. dEFINITLY gONNA gED cHRIS.

hOPE TO HELL WE SEE A wESKER AS WELL :ROCK

Any other characters are just icing, as long as we get Chris and wesker

My bet:

Chris Redfield
Sheva Alomar
Albert Wesker
Alternate outfit Chris Redfield Version

Other character or similar like RE4 ganado Chainsaw but NOT birdwoman

hey Nick, if you're still looking for someone to co-op this game with then you can be my b@tch if ya want :lol

:naughty:naughty:naughty:naughty

Don't think they'll release pics until after the game comes out. Once everybody knows what everybody looks like in the game, then they'll release some pics.

Fingers crossed for the inevitable 'special version' STARS Chris Redfield.

No need to cross fingers, if it's inevitable. :D

Anywhoo, BRING ON THE PICS! I hope Chris isn't ridiculously buff in figure form. Some of the game shots are stupid big in the arms.

I'm also hoping that Wesker has an alternate STARS attire, or something he's worn from a past game once you beat it. Kind of like Ada in Resident Evil 4. Then we could get a second version of him as well, which would be awesome.

I'm also hoping that Wesker has an alternate STARS attire, or something he's worn from a past game once you beat it. Kind of like Ada in Resident Evil 4. Then we could get a second version of him as well, which would be awesome.

I think Hottoys will make an alternate outfit for Chris but based on the game..and we are not sure if is the STARS costume or another diferent kind of outfit:confused:
The clasic RPD Leon outfit was unlocked once you beat the game for first time..

About the first biohazard 5 pics...Well,I think well see a Hottoys preview and some material very very soon because the japanish version will be released on 03/05/2009 unlike the american and european version 03/13/2009:horror

Your opinion. My opinion: KZ2 controls are far better than those eastern, broken controls of RE5. At least KZ2 is playable.

You're saying RE5 is completely unplayable? and what does "eastern" supposed to mean? I don't see how RE5's control scheme somehow represents Japanese design philosophy as a whole. Stop generalizing, some people could take offense to that.

You're saying RE5 is completely unplayable? and what does "eastern" supposed to mean? I don't see how RE5's control scheme somehow represents Japanese design philosophy as a whole. Stop generalizing, some people could take offense to that.

I'm not generalizing, I'm stating fact here.

Eastern controls are always backwards from western type games. Take for example the MGS series, which had eastern based controls forever, and in MGS4 they adopted a more western style of controls and camera. And it worked for the better. RE needs to apply the same philosophy, because the controls in the earlier ones was hard as hell where pressing forward didn't mean your character went forward but went in that direction.

EX: In MGS the circle button was always the go or ok button, but here in America it was the X button, which in MGS was the cancel button.

Just like most Japanese games are longer and harder and more story driven than action oriented.

I think Hottoys will make an alternate outfit for Chris but based on the game..and we are not sure if is the STARS costume or another diferent kind of outfit:confused:
The clasic RPD Leon outfit was unlocked once you beat the game for first time..

I was saying that there were unlockable costumes for Leon and Ada in Resident Evil 4 once you beat the game. It's possible and probable that Chris' alternate will be a STARS outfit. If Wesker has one as well, it might be a STARS outfit, but I cannot say for certain. Ashley had the weird knight armor after all.

Eastern controls are always backwards from western type games. Take for example the MGS series, which had eastern based controls forever, and in MGS4 they adopted a more western style of controls and camera. And it worked for the better. RE needs to apply the same philosophy, because the controls in the earlier ones was hard as hell where pressing forward didn't mean your character went forward but went in that direction.

EX: In MGS the circle button was always the go or ok button, but here in America it was the X button, which in MGS was the cancel button.

Just like most Japanese games are longer and harder and more story driven than action oriented.

Thats your opinion not a fact. I(and alot of others) think the RE controls are fine the way they are but thats are/my opinion .

I see your point, but unless you've tasted a broad scope of Japanese games you are in no position to throw out those "facts". Have you forgotten that it was Japanese developers who influenced the gaming industry with the over the shoulder camera system (as utilized in RE4)? Not to mention it's the Japanese who have given us action games with pin-point precision controls almost perfected in Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry.

There's nothing inherently Japanese with RE5's controls. The controls in that game are the way they are because of Capcom's design history with the franchise. The old RE games had pre-rendered graphics which made manual camera control non-existent. The limitation birthed the tank-style control scheme. This was kept because A) it kept the players from getting disoriented as the camera angle shifted from place to place and B) it allowed a more tense gaming environment for the player. I don't really know what you mean by "where pressing forward didn't mean your character went forward but went in that direction." In the old RE games, when you pressed up (forward), the character moved forward from his point of view.

I am willing to argue that what western gamers call "western" controls was actually innovated first by Japanese developers. Gears of War (and Dead Space, GRAW, etc) had a camera system that was influenced by RE4. God of War's combat system and general gameplay elements were lifted directly from action games like DMC.

In regards to the MGS series. Do you not remember that Siphon Filter (a U.S. made games) had similar controls to MGS? The two games were released in a similar time frame. You can attribute the controls in MGS to Konami and Hideo Kojima's reluctance to change. It has nothing to do with Japanese design sensibilities as a whole.

Your X and O button example has no real credence in this arguement as it doesn't affect gameplay in any significant way.

Oh, and Killzone isn't even a western developed game.

I see your point, but unless you've tasted a broad scope of Japanese games you are in no position to throw out those "facts". Have you forgotten that it was Japanese developers who influenced the gaming industry with the over the shoulder camera system (as utilized in RE4)? Not to mention it's the Japanese who have given us action games with pin-point precision controls almost perfected in Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry.

There's nothing inherently Japanese with RE5's controls. The controls in that game are the way they are because of Capcom's design history with the franchise. The old RE games had pre-rendered graphics which made manual camera control non-existent. The limitation birthed the tank-style control scheme. This was kept because A) it kept the players from getting disoriented as the camera angle shifted from place to place and B) it allowed a more tense gaming environment for the player. I don't really know what you mean by "where pressing forward didn't mean your character went forward but went in that direction." In the old RE games, when you pressed up (forward), the character moved forward from his point of view.

I am willing to argue that what western gamers call "western" controls was actually innovated first by Japanese developers. Gears of War (and Dead Space, GRAW, etc) had a camera system that was influenced by RE4. God of War's combat system and general gameplay elements were lifted directly from action games like DMC.

In regards to the MGS series. Do you not remember that Siphon Filter (a U.S. made games) had similar controls to MGS? The two games were released in a similar time frame. You can attribute the controls in MGS to Konami and Hideo Kojima's reluctance to change. It has nothing to do with Japanese design sensibilities as a whole.

Your X and O button example has no real credence in this arguement as it doesn't affect gameplay in any significant way.

Oh, and Killzone isn't even a western developed game.

^^^great post and good points.

Back