Bill & Ted 3: Face the Music

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was crazy to see the guy that played Ted?s father in the original was still around :lol

Yeah, one of the only good parts of the movie was seeing him and Missy.

But how insulting that they got some talentless hack from SNL to play Ted's little brother Deacon. I loved Deacon in the original! "You ditched Napolean??" "He was a ****!!"

Just looked him up on imdb...as of 5 years ago he was still active in the industry, behind the scenes. Can't believe he wouldn't have come back for a cameo.

Reminds me of that putrid Independence Day sequel, where they recast Bill Pullman's daughter, despite the fact that Mae Whitman has had a successful acting career for years, just cause she's not "hot" and they wanted a hot chick. Doesn't matter though, that movie sucked big floppy donkey ****.

Reminds me of that putrid Independence Day sequel, where they recast Bill Pullman's daughter, despite the fact that Mae Whitman has had a successful acting career for years, just cause she's not "hot" and they wanted a hot chick. Doesn't matter though, that movie sucked big floppy donkey ****.

Just googled Mae Whitman - I never saw any of the controversy over that recasting at the time but I'd agree, a fairly questionable decision not to keep her on. It's not exactly a case like Edward Furlong is it - he just turned into a mess. His adult self just wouldn't have been plausible as the saviour of humanity. Casting consistency when possible, as it should have been for Independence Day 2, is preferable to an actor change.

That said, the movie did end up sucking regardless.

Is it possible she just didn't want to play the role again?

Maybe she's one of those types of actors who wants to play in serious films and she knew that the sequel to Independence Day would probably not be winning any awards.

Yeah, just because someone doesn’t reprise a role doesn’t mean they weren’t asked, especially in the case of someone who was a child actor previously. Most elected recasting is based on conflict with the prior actor/actress. Jodie Foster didn’t want to play Clarice in Hannibal because of the story.

I read an article which quoted her friend Anna Kendrick as being pissed off that Whitman wasn't going to be in the film and Whitman in turn thanking her, posting some emoji reaction or whatever. From that I would say she probably would have happily done the film.

I read an article which quoted her friend Anna Kendrick as being pissed off that Whitman wasn't going to be in the film and Whitman in turn thanking her, posting some emoji reaction or whatever. From that I would say she probably would have happily done the film.

The full story is that the director of the film said Mae Whitman didn't want to read for the role. There were rumors of some other women being considered for the role. A website then wrote an article saying these women that were being considered were 'traditionally beautiful' while Mae Whitman was not, and that was why the role was being recast.

Anna Kendrick replied to a Tweet summarizing that as such and said Mae Whitman is a great actress, and Mae liked the tweet.

So, basically it's all a bunch of ******** stirred up by clickbait websites

I thought the movie was decent enough, but kinda undermined by the fact these actors are just way too old to be playing these characters now. And they really seemed to be forcing it the whole time compared to the original movies when that goofiness just came out naturally.

I think the best part of the whole thing was the bumbling robot who kept screwing up and apologizing. Lol

I reaaaalllllly wanted to like this movie. It was "OK" overall. More misses than hits.

Reeves is just kinda "awkward" and "robotic" in his older age. I guess that works for his John Wick character, but he seemed to lack some energy being Ted again. Alex Winter was great! Looks like he's done more directing/producing since "Bogus Journey", but he did really well slipping back into the character.

*EDIT*: Looks like I'm not the only one to catch on that Reeves was just "out of it" as Ted. He just didn't come off as natural as I expected him too. Winter, honestly, carried the duo. He looked like he was having fun and it was just disappointing that Reeves kinda just chugged along. It's one of those things where the movie has been in 'development hell' for so long that once they do it...all the parties involved are probably so burnt out and exhausted from negotiations, scripts, etc. that they just end up "phoning it in" because the excitement (even for the cast & crew!) has long since passed.

I liked seeing Death again. His scenes were great, especially him bemusing the fact that was kicked out of the band. I re-watched his Bogus Journey clips and honestly, he is one of the best characters of that movie and his scenes are hilarious. Sadler has always been a consistent great actor who usually plays "side roles".

Back