Bilbo Custom Project Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Blu! I'm trying to figure out what all I'll need for these projects. Gimli, Bilbo, Merry and Pippin. If I get another Frodo, I think I'll still need another hobbit body (for Bilbo) and another cloak (for Gimli).

Still haven't gotten a roto Gimli.

Here ya go:

Bilbo Menu:
100_7263.jpg

What You'll Need:
Sideshow Frodo, ToyBiz "soft" Bilbo and Dark Green RIT Powder Dye

Ingredience:
ToyBiz Bilbo:
Headsculpt
Journal/Storybook
Vest
Sideshow Frodo:
Frodo body
Frodo shirt
Frodo jacket
Frodo pants
Pipe
Sting, belt & scabbard
LOTR stand

The only areas I ran into some difficulty were heating the head to go over the Sideshow ball joint neck and dying the cloak. Make sure you hit the head with plenty of heat because you don't want to snap the little stem of the balljoint. It'll take a bit of effort, but it does fit nicely once it's on. For dying, use 1/2 a box of RIT, cut the water in half, follow the instructions and soak for 20min. There's no need to lighten the jacket or pants. When the dye has set and it's all dry, the coat will look the deep green color it needs to be and the darker brown pants will look black. There's no need to bleach or lighten. Once all that's done, he's an easy assembly and looks just as fantastic next to Gimli. Although I'd recommend giving him a repaint to get rid of that sweaty pedophile look of the TB finish and make his color match up a bit better with the Sideshow body and the rest of the Hobbits.

Thanks for collecting the information all in one post. For this Bilbo am I
correct to understand that the regular Frodo is what is needed - not the exclusive - ?

For Bilbo you need Sting and scabbard, which was Frodo's ex.

Actually, the sword and scabbard that Aragorn gave him at Weathertop is the Exclusive. Sting is standard issue for Frodo.

yodasan, you don't need an EX Frodo to build Bilbo. You just need a regular Frodo body with his clothes and gear. If you need an extra sword and scabbard for Merry or Pippin you can pick up a loose one from Toy Anxiety.

I hate the idea of butchering something to make something that seems so simple, but yeah, thats probably the easiest thing to do. Someone should just cut one down and the cast it for everyone else so that there aren't staffless gandalfs floating around.

I hate the idea of butchering something to make something that seems so simple, but yeah, thats probably the easiest thing to do. Someone should just cut one down and the cast it for everyone else so that there aren't staffless gandalfs floating around.

I picked up the extra loose staff from Toy Anxiety that had the pipe and bags of weed attached to it. I plan to cut it down and turn it into Bilbo's staff. I've never caste anything before, but I guess now is as good a time as any to learn and practice the craft. So who's interested?

Got him all put together and on the shelf, feeling way to lazy to dye him tonight.

No dye, but I am lovin Bilbo:rock Glad I went ahead and got him, sculpt is really good imo. Looks damn good on the shelf with the others too. Maybe I will dye tomorrow.

SANY2816.jpg

SANY2818.jpg

Bilbo looks great!

But I'm really curious about that GOLLUM. It's the DVD one, right? He looks quite good. I was going to get it some time ago and did some research but the pics I saw of it looked terrible... but yours looks good. Is it nice in hand? Is it in scale, just about? After seeing your pics I now want one again -- I'd like to get the mean one.

Bilbo looks great!

But I'm really curious about that GOLLUM. It's the DVD one, right? He looks quite good. I was going to get it some time ago and did some research but the pics I saw of it looked terrible... but yours looks good. Is it nice in hand? Is it in scale, just about? After seeing your pics I now want one again -- I'd like to get the mean one.

yeah thats the DVD one.

Back