Biker Scout! ORDERED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even with retailers getting limited to one each, I think that a ton of orders got placed in the nearly nine hour window that it was available. An ES of 1000 or more won't surprise me, but a nine hour sellout for an $800 item is still pretty impressive.

I think that the number of potential cancellations dropped pretty significantly when we found out about the allocation issue.

I don't know, but my wife doesn't like that TBD.

She says that if it's sold out, then they know exactly how many are being made and therefore the edition size is in fact already determined. We came to a nice compromise and decided that TBD now means "To Be Disclosed."

customizerwannabe said:
How long till we see the number you think?

I hope by next weeks news letter since they seem to like to announce stuff like that in the news letters. But I think in two weeks.

The bigger problem is that if the Edition Size is TOO BIG, the market price on these will be lower than getting it from SSC directly - just like most of the Star Wars exclusives.

Im sure a lot of collectors will then drop the pre-order in favor of picking it up on the bay if the edition size is too high.

:lecture

tomandshell said:
I don't know, but my wife doesn't like that TBD.

She says that if it's sold out, then they know exactly how many are being made and therefore the edition size is in fact already determined. We came to a nice compromise and decided that TBD now means "To Be Disclosed."

Before 'your wife' hangs us out to dry for keeping dirty little secrets - don't forget international distribution ;) These will be available to international distributors (a different apple entirely to the orange that is domestic retailers). The PTB may know exactly how many were purchased direct today at Sideshow, but that's not the only egg in the basket.

As to why an ES wasn't announced from the outset, well, I imagine that this piece is a whole new ballgame. No idea what to expect, perhaps. Experimentation is the spice of life! :duff

Just keep an eye on the handy dandy newsletter for the final ES, and all will be well in life :)

I'm guessing the June 21st newsletter.

But next week's would be even better!

And for the record: I checked with my wife, and she says that international people don't count.

tomandshell said:
And for the record: I checked with my wife, and she says that international people don't count.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

How about your Northern cousins?

tomandshell said:

But next week's would be even better!

:angrycanu :angrycanu :angrycanu :angrycanu :angrycanu :angrycanu :angrycanu :angrycanu :angrycanu

Dusty, even if you don't know the total number, would you say that it sold better than expected/hoped?

More importantly--did it sell well enough to make you consider another PF of this size in the future?

The Earl of Dunfield said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

How about your Northern cousins?

She said that they're not included in the insult, as they technically aren't really people at all.

(I blame that misconception on the poutine...)

poutine.jpg

Dusty, why was the base cropped out of the pics on the order page? Is it not finalized? Sorry if this has been asked before.

tomandshell said:
Dusty, even if you don't know the total number, would you say that it sold better than expected/hoped?

More importantly--did it sell well enough to make you consider another PF of this size in the future?

:google :google :google

Dear God I hope not! It's going to be difficult enough finding a place for this.

tomandshell said:
She said that they're not included in the insult, as they technically aren't really people at all.

:angrycanu :angrycanu :fireworks :angrycanu :angrycanu

Those aren't fireworks. Lock your door. The Crazy Canucks be coming.

OK, so before I go combing through the thread, what's up with retailers? Are they only getting 1 or something? I'm just lazy and need a quick update.

PosterBoyKelly said:
OK, so before I go combing through the thread, what's up with retailers? Are they only getting 1 or something? I'm just lazy and need a quick update.

Yeah, 1 per dealer.

Back