Biker Scout! ORDERED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PosterBoyKelly said:
OK, so before I go combing through the thread, what's up with retailers? Are they only getting 1 or something? I'm just lazy and need a quick update.

Pretty much. And it's safe to assume they're already allocated thanks to idiots like me :D

At this point, if you don't have a direct order with Sideshow, you had better get on that wait list.

However, the number of cancellations due to people finding a better deal will now be just about non-existent. But there will certainly be some cancellations when the processing e-mails go out next year and those who haven't been saving up are forced to part with their preorder because of the price tag.

If the ES for this is going to be 1000, I'd be amazed if they didn't have a lot of cancellations. I'd bet there is a Second Chance for this. A lot of people are taking the order and decide later approach. I will hopefully be cancelling my pre order since I think I'm one of the few who were able to score one from a dealer.

tomandshell said:
However, the number of cancellations due to people finding a better deal will now be just about non-existent.

If the ES is => 800 I think we'll be finding better deals on the bay about 6 months after its released. :monkey2

Darth Loki said:
If the ES for this is going to be 1000, I'd be amazed if they didn't have a lot of cancellations. I'd bet there is a Second Chance for this. A lot of people are taking the order and decide later approach.
Based on what Dusty alluded to earlier in the thread, I would say the forecast of a second chance offering is 100%.

We may even see an ES of 1500 or more for the piece after the international dealer orders are factored in, and that high of an ES will drive the secondary market price down considerably.

If most of these are going to be sold directly by Sideshow, why would there be a large amount available on eBay for less than retail? People who can't afford it will just cancel, and only the very desperate will go through with the purchase only to turn around and sell it at a loss. Retailers aren't getting very many, and so there won't be a surplus being shipped at a discount and people will generally need to sell it at retail price. At least that's what I'm thinking.

I can certainly see a lot of cancellations and second chance offers, but not a lot of cheap auctions on eBay.

SideshowDusty said:
To clarify just a bit (this info comes directly from the creative team)... the 'foam' is a high density, lightweight polyurethane compound that is very rigid and durable; the weight allows for perfect balance atop the bike, and the rigidity allows it to keep the nice clean lines of the pose. The 'articulation' comes at a few points: ball jointed neck, left elbow to help create the perfect contact with the bike handlebar, right elbow to allow for posing the gun arm however you'd like (and no breakage if you hit it accidentally), and knees to allow for perfect foot contact with the pedals. It's not articulated like you think of articulation in a 12-inch figure, but rather at very specific points of motion. On the bike, the pedals and handlebars will be metal for sure, and possibly other parts as well (he didn't specify).

The entire thing has been engineered pretty darn near perfectly, IMHO! Combined with the mixed media and cloth and armor, it all comes together for a very life-like look, as those of you who saw it in person at CIV know firsthand!

Watch for more information in the form of a behind-the-scenes article and new photos showing the different angles it can achieve with the head and gun arm. We have a long time before it ships, so we hope to present some really great content about this piece in the coming weeks and months! It really highlights the ambition of our Star Wars PF line thus far! :chew
Thanks for this info Dusty - and all the other info you gave in this thread.

Seeing the pictures of the Scout, there was always one thing that really bugged me, namely the way he 'sits' on the bike. I'm wondering if the scout figure will sufficiently give the impression that it's weight is really resting on the bike. I think that's crucial to the credibility of the piece. Can't wait to see more and better pictures in the behind-the-scenes section.

Batty said:
I wouldn't be surprised. Didn't Grievous take over a year to come out?

Yup, I preordered one in may 2005 and got it june 1st 2006 so it took a whole year... Hope this one takes just as long so i can save up.

I would'nt be surprised if the ES is 500 or less and why are people saying they will get it for much cheaper through a dealer?? I thought SS said that this would be available from them exclusively??I missed out anyway as I did'nt even know that it was going up for pre-order...bugger.

bonsey said:
I would'nt be surprised if the ES is 500 or less and why are people saying they will get it for much cheaper through a dealer?? I thought SS said that this would be available from them exclusively??I missed out anyway as I did'nt even know that it was going up for pre-order...bugger.
If the ES is 1000 or more, I'm sure you'll be able to get one because of mass cancellations.

McHaleyArt said:
If it's sold out now, Sideshow knows the edition size. Right?.......right?

It's sold out in the US, but international orders haven't been factored in yet. I think they will tell us the final number in a future newsletter.

I just cant wait for the Crap I cancelled this because the the ES was too high and now I want one threads.:lol

Back