Biggest Letdown or Worst Video Game of 08

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while i hate to admit this but my most desired games really let me down.
Ninja Gaiden 2 was an awesome game and look incredible and played well. but it didn't have anything that hooked me like the first one.
Brothers in Arms was looking really great, but fell short by a mile. the SP was pretty good, but also missed anything that made you want to repeat playing it. and the MP sucked major balls. they should've kept it like the MP in the earlier games.
Force Unleashed---i want to love this game because it finally gave a Star Wars fan what he desires-- the ability to destroy everything using the Force and his lightsaber. the story was great and kept you hooked while playing. however, after the first play through there really is no reason to play again.
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia is so far another let down to me. i'm only about 25% through it and the story is just really bland and strays a little far from the Castlevania mythos. i really love the series so i hope it gets better.

GTA IV - I had really high hopes for this game - but it just got old really fast for me, like San Andreas did. Having to go out on dates, impress the girl, return phone calls promptly (which always seemed to ring at the worst possible time), etc...just took the fun out of it for me. It became more of a choir. Plus the MP was pretty damn weak. GTA III has been my favorite of the series so far.

GTA IV - I had really high hopes for this game - but it just got old really fast for me, like San Andreas did. Having to go out on dates, impress the girl, return phone calls promptly (which always seemed to ring at the worst possible time), etc...just took the fun out of it for me. It became more of a choir. Plus the MP was pretty damn weak. GTA III has been my favorite of the series so far.

I agree all that was going on sucked the fun out of this game. Vice City is my favorite but that probobly has more to do with the setting and the music than anything else.

I agree all that was going on sucked the fun out of this game. Vice City is my favorite but that probobly has more to do with the setting and the music than anything else.

I have the game - graphically it is a major improvement, but it does get old fast....

Did that game really cost them $100 Million to make/market?

I doubt it was that much. Although even if it was---they made that several times over in profit.

Seriously, it's kind of funny how little it costs to make games, Halo 3 cost something like $50 million, and compared to movies they are so much more successful. It's just that there's a lot more video games that don't sell very many copies.

Little Big Planet.

We had greatness for a week. It was so wonderful. Then they started "moderating" the online levels and sucked a lot of the joy out the experience for me. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

No contest: The Force Unleashed is the biggest letdown of the year, if not in ages. What a bill of goods.

Motorstorm-Pacific Rift:The first one was so fun to play but this one had terrible gameplay,hard to control the vehicles and it had NO Fun factor.

Haze:One of the games i was looking forward to but after playing the demo i was annoyed by the gameplay

Timeshift:Same as Haze

Besides that,i think most games recently have been too short,7-8 hours play and youre done.

i thought 2008 was supposed to be a big year for sony? and where is HOME?

The biggest letdown in 2008 was Sony overall. No Home, no AAA titles... nothing. MGS 4 pulled me away from the 360 for what maybe a week total in 2008, but that lost my interest pretty quick, wait was that 2008?. I was going to get Fallout 3 for the PS3 until I read the awful reviews on it so I got it for the 360 whose reviews were more appealling. And i won't mention the trophies and their lack over retro rewarding. I still have 0 trophies.

GTA4: Game was fun for a week or 2 then it just got boring. Amazing how they can make a game that seems sooo new then it just becomes another GTA game with questing and driving. :(

Soul Calibur 4: I love this game, but its the same damn game again. Come on, time for some imagination and updating. Also the secret characters were WAAAAY too easy to get. I like playing for hours to open characters, not minutes.

Little Big Planet.

We had greatness for a week. It was so wonderful. Then they started "moderating" the online levels and sucked a lot of the joy out the experience for me. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I heard about that. I think this will end up being a niche title only. If they censor everyone, people will just give up on making levels....

It started out removing levels based on other video games like Mario and stuff--which is understandable to a point (although I don't think it's valid). But they've also removed levels that don't have anything to do with other games.

Back