Biggest Letdown or Worst Video Game of 08

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed Force Unleashed.....for me the biggest letdown is a game that isn't even in full release yet: LEFT4DEAD.

After all the hype and all the anticipation, the game definitely did not live up to it. Its fun but definitely not worth $60 and initial reports that the actual story mode is fairly short by comparison to other similar styled games is disappointing.

Yeah Left4Dead seems like a game that should have been included with other games, similar to The Orange Box, or at least not $60.

It won't be for long, I predict by Christmas you'll be able to get that game for fairly cheap.

Hate to say this, but for me: GOW 2 MP is a HUGE letdown....

I love Left 4 Dead, but I do agree that it should have been a $40 title - it is fun, just small. However, valve is well known for adding a lot of DLC - often at no extra cost...

I love Left 4 Dead, but I do agree that it should have been a $40 title - it is fun, just small. However, valve is well known for adding a lot of DLC - often at no extra cost...

You are dead to US

Since Badmoon has the best of 08 I figured I would start one about the worst or the biggest letdown video game of 08. I'm not gonna make it a poll just list what game and why.

Mine would have to be Fable 2. I was so pumped for this game when it was announced only to find out that Lionshead pulled the same crap they did with the first one which is promise the moon and just give a half ass effort. I love RPG's and instead of some awe inspiring epic I get a follow the lines Sims 2 hybrid game. At first it was cool to get a job and buy property and wonder around town but that got old quick. The fighting was decent but the magic using sucked and dont even get me started on the glitch's that this game has. The story was horrible and confusing with the side quests being more interesting than playing the main game.

This game was pretty but I kept thinking "This is it?"
Oblivion is still king for RPGs on the 360.
Once again I fell for the Peter Molenoux hype machine.
That prick needs to be in politics with that "gift"
It was a rental at best and they screwed up the LE big time.
They have some "big announcement" this week but theyve already alienated to many fans to compensate.
4 years they worked on this thing.....geez

I actually liked the force unleashed but who ever came up with the
"Pull the Star Destroyer out of the sky" needs to be taken out to a field and shot for its poor implementation.:banghead

Last edited:

You are correct. It is still fun as ever to play with friends and what not, but if you play solo and try to find a match, it takes ages. Plus the whole shotgun thing does suck.

As for let down of the year, I cannot really remember what games I bought in the first half of the year. But more recently I would say that Silent Hill: Homecoming was a HUGE let down. While it was a good game, it strayed away from the whole Silent Hill vibe and just didn't feel that same as the previous games. I liked the gameplay, it was fun and I think an improvement on the series. But the thing missing was the creepiness of the previous games, it was not there is this one.

EASY! Force Unleashed!

I 100% agree with that. With all the frakking hype and all the delays the game had, it should have been perfect. But we get a short story, no multiplayer, and glitches up to gazoo. If the game didn't have "Star Wars" in the title, it barely would have sold any copies.

It makes me think how awesome the game would have been if there had been multiplayer

I knew I would take flak for this - I love the campaign, but with the loss of Public Player matches, and extreme Matchmaking wait times, I am disappointed...AT least, in its current form!

At the same time, the only time I play multiplayer are with you guys or with people I know for a fact I'm going to get 5 players in a room. If you're going to go multiplayer with just you, don't even bother.

At the same time, the only time I play multiplayer are with you guys or with people I know for a fact I'm going to get 5 players in a room. If you're going to go multiplayer with just you, don't even bother.

I agree - if you can jump on when friends are online, its awesome.....my work schedule has a lot to do with it.

Easy solution: bring back Public Player matches for those that loved em (as I did) in GOW 1....I really do not know why they would not bring back such a popular option AS well as have matchmaking for those that care about ranked matches...

Back