Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

Yeah after checking out the latest pics on their site, I just don't think I'll be able to resist picking up the Connery. Looks freakin amazing.

View attachment 322332

It's been great to see the new photos. I still feel there is a little too much brown in the paint job, but that sculpt is PERFECT. Really love the way it seems to change depending on the angle - in one photo he's smirking, in another he's looking quizzical.

Absolutely. So exciting to see licensed Bond figures again. The Sideshow ones were what solidified my conversion to 1/6th. Now, 15 years later, here we are again.

Anyone know if the conversion rate is better via credit card or via PayPal (if it matters)?

Many thanks for the incredible BCS payment plan walkthrough Astra! I truly appreciate it! If you hadn't told me about it I probably would have stepped into the same payment amount issue. :)

Me too.

Have to decide if I'm just paying it all upfront to maximize savings... or do the installment thing.

I hate to hand over every dime in advance, especially without a delivery date even offered.
Don't blame you. I too have to think it through.

Latest photos are incredible!

Ill be picking up Oddjob and Goldfinger for sure, then getting the head, shoes, hands and accessories on Bond. LOVE the shoe!

Also, still not ETA on release date even with pre order up huh? Anyone have any info?

I really want this "James Connery" figure. Really tempted, but I've heard many bad things about their production piece and its holding me back. I need a licensed Bond figure in my collection... :gah:

I'm ordering all three! I'm not entirely happy with the Goldfinger sculpt, but I just can't pass picking the figure up especially since I enjoyed Fröbe's portrayal of Goldfinger so much.

I think I'm going to go for the installment option as like Wor-Gar said I'd hate to hand over such a large amount of money at one time. Also, I think that we could be a while away from seeing these released, so most likely any installment payments will be completed well before these figures ship out.

So I'm a little unclear on the payment plan based on Astra's comment that the first payment is the deposit only. So you then choose you evenly-split payment amounts from the drop-down? Like three easy payments? That initial payment -- the down payment is unclear to me.

If I choose to pay all at once, can I still pay only the down and then make a final completion payment closer to release? Not sure the $10 savings is worth the potentially long wait.

Is there a track record for these guys as far as delivery? I seem to recall Greggo getting into it with someone about no more than 9 months. Still, 9 months is a long time to be parted from $600. Anything can happen in that time. Babies can be conceived and born.

BCS offers an option to put a deposit down on a figure and then pay the remaining amount off when the figure arrives in their warehouse, but I don't see that option available for the Bond three pack. However, it is available for each individual figure. I think that the deposit option may not give you the buy two figure discount that the payment plan and pay all at once options do.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna need more than a walkthrough. :lol Maybe a Wall St armitrage guy

Basic Question: If we want 1st Edition Ltd 700, do we have to only PO via BCS?

Basic Question: If we want 1st Edition Ltd 700, do we have to only PO via BCS?

Yes, that's their version of a 'Sideshow exclusive'. You can only get them via the website.

The discount for ordering two or more different characters is a smart move. Finally pushed me into getting Oddjob as well.

I'm going to feel like a fool paying $600 for the full set if the eventual production pieces don't come out like these beautiful prototypes.

Kuat is evil. Pure evil.

After buying every 1:6 Doctor Who piece so far from BC I'm going in with my eyes open, knowing both what they are capable of if things go well, and how things could go wrong on the factory side. Like Who, Bond is a big deal to me, so I'm rolling the dice again, hoping for the best, but I'm by no means blind to the risks. You lay down your moneys and you takes your chances... :lol

Yes, that's their version of a 'Sideshow exclusive'. You can only get them via the website.

The discount for ordering two or more different characters is a smart move. Finally pushed me into getting Oddjob as well.

Thanks, man, I'm on it. May get all three because the only way Goldfinger will look any better is if he's wearing that silly hat.

What time is 5Pm UK in CA? Like 9am?

Back