Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

The fallout after the first Blitzway Fight Club production photos was bad enough. And that was Blitzway.

This is BCS.

I think you're all very brave. :lol

:lol

Didn't that Blltzway Tyler end up good in the end though? (I know its not BCS)

For me, all three of these figures are repeats... so worst case: I'm buying really expensive parts... best case: I'm spending a lot for more of the same.

But how often do you get a chance at a Gert Frobe? :lol

And Goldfinger reminds me of Mr. Toad.

I've decided to hold off too. I'm not making the same mistake I made with Moriarty - Paid in full, waited 18 months, really disappointed. They have issues to sort out ready for production. So, I''l wait for now.

Will get just Connery. If I buy more I fear they will become like potato chips and I'll want them all!
But I'm going to wait for in-hand pics before I 100% commit to it. Regular (non LTD) edition is good enough for me.

I've decided to hold off too. I'm not making the same mistake I made with Moriarty - Paid in full, waited 18 months, really disappointed. They have issues to sort out ready for production. So, I''l wait for now.

Yeah that would be a disaster if the final suit came out looking as bad as the one on Moriarty. I don't expect that to happen as I'm sure this is a character BCS cares much more about getting right, but still, it's a safe bet that there will be a drop in quality of some kind. Which makes me think I shouldn't get rid of my Yunsil suit just yet...

I agree, I will buy Connery and possibly Oddjob if they look good in hand but given everything I've read I feel it's too much of a risk to pay money upfront. The only figure of theirs that I've ever really liked is the Matt smith doctor with the long coat. I'm hoping for good things but I can't get excited until it's been shown here on someone's shelves. I also think having the release date so close to Christmas has got imminent disappointment written all over it.

I agree, I will buy Connery and possibly Oddjob if they look good in hand but given everything I've read I feel it's too much of a risk to pay money upfront. The only figure of theirs that I've ever really liked is the Matt smith doctor with the long coat. I'm hoping for good things but I can't get excited until it's been shown here on someone's shelves. I also think having the release date so close to Christmas has got imminent disappointment written all over it.

Still, always look on the bright side, eh?

So is this correct for USA buyers:

3 figure set = 524.99 GBP - 30 GBP (if pay in full) = $619.43 USD (shipping not included)

With shipping to the States, that comes out to roughly $220 per figure... which I think is a good price assuming the figures come out well. BCS has to prove themselves to EON in order to continue so there is hope for extra effort.

Plus, did I mention... this is Goldfinger. :)

Big Chief made some changes to the pricing in their announcement so the discounts are now uniform regardless of whether you get the limited edition or not: https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/l...er-sixth-scale-figures-available-to-pre-order

First Edition/Limited Edition

Buy any 2 different figures:
Pay by Payment Plan and receive £20.00/$25.05 discount off the selling price
Pay in Full and receive £30.00//$37.57 discount off the selling price
Buy any 3 different figures:
Pay by Payment Plan and receive £30.00/$37.57 discount off the selling price
Pay in Full and receive £40.00/$50.10 discount off the selling price.

That makes more sense now, buying 3 gets you more discount than buying 2.

So if you buy all 3 figures, now each figure is about $215 shipped to the US.

Still torn as to what to do. I need to really think about the exclusives I guess. I want Goldfinger without question -- I got to have that dumb hat, goes perfect with his gaudy style -- but I don't need Bond's PPK and maybe I don't need a 2nd Bowler hat for Oddjob just because its metal-rimmed (might make it too heavy for the figure to hold)?

Guys!Is anounced from what time (o clock)preorders begin?I just got email about from 16:00 tomorrow till 13.02.my internet bank will be not working :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Guys!Is anounced from what time (o clock)preorders begin?I just got email about from 16:00 tomorrow till 13.02.my internet bank will be not working :(

16:01 :monkey3

I hope you are joking, mate! ;)I just saw some posts about somebody will be at work at 17:00 and tought maybe it's starting time...

So, £196.66 per figure if buying all three. And, paying up front.
I've paid up front for all my Who figures, meaning that they have £635 of my cash for three signature edition figures due later this year.

I can see me following that line tonight (tomorrow).

For those who haven't got BC figures before, there latest release was the 9th Doctor. He turned out well in my opinion.
I will say that I have purchased each of their Who figures and I've always been happy with the look of them, and genuinely believe they look great on display.

Pre-orders on these figures will start at 5pm (17:00) UK time tomorrow according to BCS.

Doesn't BCS offer a 30-day money back guarantee if the figures are ordered through their website? I'm thinking, I'll pre-order the 3 set, and if the final production pieces are subpar, I'll ship 'em back for a refund. It's true I'll have to eat shipping both ways, but better than eating over $600.00 and being stuck with poor quality figures.

Pre-orders on these figures will start at 5pm (17:00) UK time tomorrow according to BCS.
Thanks.I just can hope they'll need just credit cart info for payment plan, because my internet bank will not work from 4 p.m. :(

That's interesting. Where did you see that?

Found it on their website...what do you think Wor-Gar?

Limited Warranty & Returns
We strive to ensure that our products reach you in perfect condition. However, in the unlikely event that you are not fully satisfied with one of our products please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our Limited Warranty, Returns & Replacements Policy. The policy that applies to your product depends on how and where you purchased it, so please review the alternatives below to see which fits your situation.
You purchased a product directly from BIG Chief Studios Ltd.
Products purchased directly from BIG Chief Studios may be returned to us for any reason by the original purchaser during the 30 thirty days following receipt from us. This policy covers only product purchased directly by customers from BIG Chief Studios. It does not cover products purchased from any other retailers or resellers, or products purchased on the secondary market. i.e. online auction sites.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU OPEN AND FULLY INSPECT ALL PRODUCTS PURCHASED DIRECTLY FROM US IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE RETURN RIGHTS DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION. NO REQUESTS TO RETURN PRODUCTS WILL BE ENTERTAINED OUTSIDE THE 30 DAY PERIOD.
Unwanted Items
If for any reason you are not satisfied with a product you have purchased directly from us, you may return the product within 30 days of receipt for a full refund*. All products must be returned to us in their original packaging in the same condition they were supplied. This means that all products must be returned intact with all contents and all original packaging including brown outer cartons if applicable. Unwanted products must be received by BIG Chief Studios within the 30 day period to be eligible for a refund. You are responsible for all shipping costs when returning unwanted products to us. You are also responsible for ensuring that products are returned safely and securely. We reserve the right to assess a damaged product fee of up to 15% of the product price on any returned products that arrive damaged due to improper or insufficient packaging. We are not responsible for any damage or loss suffered when returning products to us.
*The refund received will be for the purchase price of the product excluding any shipping charges paid.
Damaged or Defective items
If your product arrives damaged or in defective condition, you will be asked to clearly identify the damage/fault so we can provide you with the best solution. At our option, either:
The product will be replaced with a new product. In which case you will be asked to return the faulty product to us and will either be provided with prepaid shipping labels for that purpose, or requested to return the item via post, for which you will be fully reimbursed;
Spare or replacement parts will be sent to you; or
For items originally purchased via pre-order you will be offered either a full refund, or an exchange for another product of the same value.
For in stock items you will be offered either a full refund (excluding shipping charges) or an exchange for another product of the same value.
Any product that appears to us to have been damaged intentionally or as a result of improper or insufficient return packaging will be subject to a damaged product fee of up to 15% of the product price plus the amount of return shipping costs.
You purchased a BIG Chief Studios product from a retailer (physical store or third party website, including eBay Shops and Amazon Marketplace merchants).
If you purchased your product from a retailer other than BIG Chief Studios please contact the retailer directly with any replacement and/or refund inquiries.
You must contact the retailer directly with all refund and/or exchange queries. We cannot issue direct refunds or replacements for any of our products sold by retailers for any reason.
If the retailer you purchased the product from is a direct wholesale customer of BIG Chief Studios and the product is covered by both our wholesale return/exchange policy and the individual policies of that retailer/vendor we will work with them to resolve your situation.
Due to the limited edition nature of our products, we cannot guarantee that any product can be replaced at the time of return or that damaged specific edition numbers can be replaced with the same number. In that case, a substitution or refund will be offered to the vendor and in turn to you.
You purchased a BIG Chief Studios product through an auction or private resale.
If you purchased our product through an auction or private resale, please contact the seller directly with any replacement and/or refund enquiries.
You must contact the seller directly with all refund and/or exchange enquiries. We cannot issue refunds or replacements for any reason for any of our products sold via auction or by resellers who are not wholesale customers of BIG Chief Studios.
The return policies described above constitute our limited warranty with respect to the products sold by us, and are in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.

Back