Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

Seems a bit of a crazy approach, to be honest, but Big Chief does tend to do things their own way, for better or worse. If that is what they plan on doing, and if it works or not, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Personally though, I think they'd be smarter to do a different Bond next. Either Moore or Brosnan, then move on to Craig and Dalton, then finish the actor lineup with a Lazenby wave, as I'd imagine he'd sell a lot more after all the others have all been done than before, as he'd then have the completing factor in his favour to help his sales at that point. Then they could circle around and do another Connery wave, and so on, working your way through again, because by that time you'd have plenty of new customers who missed out on the first releases, which themselves would have had plenty of time to sell out by then. And if the second run through of all the different Bonds includes a tuxedo look, then you might convince a lot who were happy with the first releases to buy again to get the iconic Bond formal look as well. Hell, that's what I'd do, anyway.

But Big Chief will do what they will do. All I know is that I'll have that first Connery Bond figure regardless. :)

That all makes perfect sense to me. Especially the bit about cycling around and the newcomers who have missed out on the sold out first ones getting a chance. I missed out on the Royal Doulton Jack the bulldog from Skyfall but got in there for the redone SPECTRE version (which I actually like better). And like you said, after a good amount of time has passed a tux version of the same Bond actor is maybe more appealing if you already have the Goldfinger version for instance.
I also don't want to have to wait forever for a Moore figure! :pray:

Two runs, 'first edition' (their version of exclusive, with an extra accessory included) and 'limited' (the non exclusive which would also be carried at retail), so 1400 of each of the three figures in the marketplace all up.

I'm surprised they've done as many of Goldfinger and Oddjob as they have of Bond, but I suppose if there are going to be multiple Connery Bonds, but only one run of each supporting character, in the long run it makes sense. Also have no idea just how the wider fanbase is going to take to these, they could go like wildfire, or be a slow burn like the Who line. Be interesting to see. Either way they've got me on the hook for at least one, possibly two out of three, so...

Oh, also the ex-tax price for us internationals knocks a nice chunk off, and helps cover much of the eventual shipping cost.

Bond looks ****ing awesome! And he has the shoe! Big Chief deserves all the kudos for this. It's clear they love the license. HT would give him a gun and the line would be done.

Two runs, 'first edition' (their version of exclusive, with an extra accessory included) and 'limited' (the non exclusive which would also be carried at retail), so 1400 of each of the three figures in the marketplace all up.

I'm surprised they've done as many of Goldfinger and Oddjob as they have of Bond, but I suppose if there are going to be multiple Connery Bonds, but only one run of each supporting character, in the long run it makes sense. Also have no idea just how the wider fanbase is going to take to these, they could go like wildfire, or be a slow burn like the Who line. Be interesting to see. Either way they've got me on the hook for at least one, possibly two out of three, so...

Okay 1400 isn't too bad. Panic subsiding. I'm new to all this in case you haven't noticed :)
I can live without the additional gun if it's going to save me $60 in customs fees, not to mention shipping!

So, there's no discount for buying the three pack. Costs the same as all three combined. Hmm. . .

I haven't been excited about a 1/6 figure in years. Hope they at least announce the next Bond soon.

Yeah, how does it work? There's a tax price and a non-tax price.

I'm in the USA, I'm guessing I go by the non-tax price?

If I did my math right, the 3-set comes in at $219 USD (not including shipping) for each figure.

Can someone please confirm or deny me? :)

Non-tax price for buyers outside UK.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Excellent! Except for shipping, that's the price I wanted... and if that holds, I'm getting the 3-pack. F-it! It's Bond.

So, US could actually get them a lot cheaper? Or are you likely to have to pay 20% tax etc?

So, US could actually get them a lot cheaper? Or are you likely to have to pay 20% tax etc?

I've never had to pay an additional tax on goods from other countries.... that could change with Trump by the time these ship.

These are going live on Friday still, right? I don't see an order button yet.

I love all of the accessories that these come with and the stands look very classy! As for exclusives, I think Oddjob has the best. Goldfinger's riding cap and gloves are nice, but I can't see myself using them, and Connery's other pistol isn't too spectacular at all since 1/6 Walther PPK's are pretty standard.

I was trying to resist pre-ordering these, but I don't think that I'll be able. Does anyone have any experience with BCS payment plans? I think I'd rather pay a little at a time than have that much money unavailable instantly.

I've never had to pay an additional tax on goods from other countries.... that could change with Trump by the time these ship.

Oh, wow. Good to know. Thanks, Wor :duff

It completely baffles me how UK collectors, dealing with a UK company, still have to pay a lot more than our US counterparts. Crazy.

Back