Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

No option for 'buy any three' different figures? :lol

So that's another $37 off the non-tax price if you payment-plan or pay-in-full?

Yep, that brings the US price down to $206.34 each if you preorder all three. How can I resist?

Even deeper savings if you don't need the exclusives.

I wonder what the US prices will be at, say, BBTS?

No option for 'buy any three' different figures? :lol

So that's another $37 off the non-tax price if you payment-plan or pay-in-full?

It would have been nice if there was a discount for getting the bundle of three, but I guess any discount is better than no discount and it still a pretty nice chunk off of the price. :)

I'll post the money that can be saved be pre-ordering directly from BCS below and also convert it to USD for reference. You can also save a little more money if you decide that you don't need the exclusive items and get the limited edition instead:

First Edition

Availability:
Limited to one of each character per customer

Buy any 2 different figures:
Pay by Payment Plan and receive £20.00/$25.07 discount off the selling price
Pay in Full and receive £30.00/$37.60 discount off the selling price

Limited Edition

Availability:
To be confirmed

Buy any 2 different figures:
Pay by Payment Plan and receive £30.00/$37.60 discount off the selling price
Pay in Full and receive £40.00/$50.13 discount off the selling price

That $50 off at the bottom is very tempting.

Have other figures from BCS been offered for less by USA retailers once they receive them? Meaning, perhaps an even better discount here in the states?

I'm likely going for the 3-pack exclusives all around. I just have to have the first round, out-of-the-gate Bond figures from BCS... plus its Goldfinger.

It's getting harder and harder for me to resist too! I think that I've got to get these. :)

Traditionally I believe that USA based retailers like BBTS have charged a little more than what BCS charges for figures. To give an example Big Chief Studios Ninth Doctor Limited Edition Figure at BBTS is $274.99 while it can be bought directly from BCS for £189.99 or £158.33 excluding tax which translates to about $237.87/$198.23.

These look fantastic. I was waiting for a Craig Bond but I might have to get Connery too. Not a huge JB freak so it won't be like Doctor Who but I wouldn't mind Connery, Brosnan and Craig if they all turn out this well.

Non-tax price for buyers outside UK.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

If you're buying from within the EU you'll still need to pay tax so it's only no tax for buyers outside the EU AFAIK. Obviously once the UK has left the EU that will change but for now the UK VAT rate would apply to any EU buyers- in this case it'll be 20% UK VAT rate.

How much does BCS charge to ship a figure to North America?

I was trying to resist pre-ordering these, but I don't think that I'll be able. Does anyone have any experience with BCS payment plans? I think I'd rather pay a little at a time than have that much money unavailable instantly.
If you choose the payment plan, you will arrive at a new page called "Worldpay". There you have to set up an account the first time with e-mail and password and your credit card number.

Here is something to look out for because I fell into this trap once when I ordered too quickly without reading carefully. The amount of payments is done with a dropdown menu. From the start it is set to only 2. If you forget to change it to the most amount (6 or sometimes even 8) then you will only pay the deposit at ordering and then the next payment is the rest of the price already. So remember to change this dropdown menu before you hit the order button.

You can also choose the date of the month when the automatic payment shall be done.

When that date comes, you'll get an e-mail telling you that the money has been collected. Also you can log into your Big Chief page account, click on your order and see how many payments you already have done. Technically you also can log into Worldpay for info but I never do that ;)

Once they are ready to send out, they will send an e-mail notification that shipping has been added to your order. Sometimes those e-mails don't arrive but you can log into your Big Chief account and look if it is there anyway. If it has been added, it says "balance payment". You click that and pay off the 20 bucks or however much it is. That can be done via Paypal or credit card.

Then it is just sit back and wait for the goodies to arrive!

I can't understand about price difference-in BC Bond section I see both sets-first edition and limited edition have the same price-209 pounds.Then no difference in money, or I miss something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pricing does seem at odds with the statement.
Both limited and first editions are same price. £209.99

The neat way of ordering all 3 together allows the limited or first edition option as well. However all three are listed at £629.97 which is the same as three individual purchases. The statement says that buying any two figures creates a discount of £20-30 for first and £30-40 for limited!! Depending on payment option.

I would have thought that price reduction would be incorporated into the 3 pack.

It is possible that they are still puting the thing together.

Either way , there's a min discount of £10 per figure (buying more than 1) creating a min entry price point of £199.99

I hope they get the price reductions built into that buy all 3 option. If so, I'm likely to be pushing that button.

Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

If I'm buying only one figure there is no difference in price for first or limited at all-right ?

If I'm buying only one figure there is no difference in price for first or limited at all-right ?

They must be changing that before the presale. It really makes no sense. Why offer a larger multi-buy discount on the LTD than the First if there is no price difference???

Also the LTD amount now says TBC instead of 700.

How much does BCS charge to ship a figure to North America?

It works out to be $28/figure. Though, you get it about a day or two after it ships. It's insanely fast.

It works out to be $28/figure. Though, you get it about a day or two after it ships. It's insanely fast.

Thanks for the info.
And then I have to add about another $10 when converting to CDN. I think I'll stick with a retail version if I can find one here.

Wow - have never bought any Bond figures but these look incredible.:clap

Does BCS deliver on the production fig? Or do they sometimes pull a Sideshow and show a gorgeous proto but send you a crappy prod fig a year later?

And is buying from BCS the only way to get these? These seem really limited.

Yeah after checking out the latest pics on their site, I just don't think I'll be able to resist picking up the Connery. Looks freakin amazing.

bond.jpg

What's funny about BCS is that they are almost all former (or I guess current in some cases) Freaks. I have a few Greggo-painted heads in my collection.

Shows you the talent on these boards. Great to see them out there competing (and in this case, surpassing) companies like HT.

Back