Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

I keep getting nostalgic waves of thought coming to me since the announcement. Bond is so sentimental to me. It all really kicked off with GoldenEye 64 back in 97.

Can someone from Big Chief speak about the line? A little more details, plans for waves...I'm a huge 007 fan and it's very exciting that we'll get Craig finally.

They have no plans for him at least not for now. It's goldfinger and then the press release said they will focus on the early films.

Thank god. There's been more then enough attempts at Craig over the last 4-5 years. Time to take a look back at what made Bond last 50 years.

It would make sense to do the most iconic Bond and the current Bond first. I'd like a decent Craig figure but I wonder if the uncertainty over whether he's doing a fifth makes it difficult at the moment.

I'd like Red Grant and a Thunderball Bond with that wonderful jet pack. I'm actually pleased they're not starting with a tuxedo look, it's too obvious and a bit boring.

Good call.
I'm in for all things Goldfinger, one of my favorite films of all time.
BC did a 1/6 TARDIS... a DB5 ..... ��

I know Sideshow tried to do Craig and there were issues with approvals. Hopefully the situation has changed. But there have been so many bootleg Craigs over the years it makes sense for BCS to concentrate on earlier Bonds.

Re: Big Chief studios - James Bond Collector figures

That's huge, despite my love/hate relationship with Big Chief.

I'd be very tempted to buy each era's Bond, but Big Chief are too costly for me to personally see myself going past that. I just hope they finally get their paint apps to a solidly reliable place.

They may be doing just that. Their 9th Doctor is delayed because they are pursuing a better painting solution which they seem to be excited about.

Hey all,

I've not been a collector of these premium figures before, but when I found out about these new Bonds I thought I'd become part of the discussion.
I guess the first thing I'd like to know, from other Canadian collectors, is where to get these things. Ordering from the UK would be prohibitive cost wise due to Canada Customs and their excessive pocket picking. And then there's overseas shipping. So what would be my best bet on securing a new Connery figure when it becomes available?

Cheers

I'd love to see some of the smaller vehicles being made as well, jetpack, Little Nellie, Moon Buggy, Wetbike, Acrojet, Q-Boat. This line could go on for years.

Hey all,

I've not been a collector of these premium figures before, but when I found out about these new Bonds I thought I'd become part of the discussion.
I guess the first thing I'd like to know, from other Canadian collectors, is where to get these things. Ordering from the UK would be prohibitive cost wise due to Canada Customs and their excessive pocket picking. And then there's overseas shipping. So what would be my best bet on securing a new Connery figure when it becomes available?

Cheers

Silver snail should have them. You are going to pay an arm and a leg, no way around it. With the crappy Canadian exchange rate and shipping charges it's gonna be bad. You can try Toys2.net, they might get better rates as a large wholesaler but not likely...

If I were Greggo and his company I would contact 5-6 people on here - critics and fans alike - and invite them to be a sort-of bouncing -board commitee. Involve them in the process somewhat before releasing these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's a great idea coma... I would gladly volunteer my time and energy into being part of a focus group of sorts.

Silver snail should have them. You are going to pay an arm and a leg, no way around it. With the crappy Canadian exchange rate and shipping charges it's gonna be bad. You can try Toys2.net, they might get better rates as a large wholesaler but not likely...

Thanks for the info. Around how much should I expect to pay anyway?

Thanks for the info. Around how much should I expect to pay anyway?

I don't know exactly because I've never bought a big chief personally but I see them priced around here at hot toys prices so around 220-260 and back home in Calgary hot toys cost about 280-320 wirh the terrible exchange rate. I'm willing to bet they will be the same or more but you never know how different lisences affect different figures. You won't know for sure until they go up for preorder I'm guessing

Toys2 hasn't carried the Doctor Who figures figures so its possible they may not carry Bond either. The problem here in Canada is we pay a lot either way. Everyone charges in US dollars or converts the US to Canadian so you still pay a lot and the story charge taxes so.you don't really save a lot either way. I buy my Doctor Who direct from Big Chief since their payment plan is really great and I get the exclusive items. The downside is shipping is a bit more expensive and the customer service isn't great. I these figures are likely still a year and a half away from release so theres no rush to preorder yet.

If I were Greggo and his company I would contact 5-6 people on here - critics and fans alike - and invite them to be a sort-of bouncing -board commitee. Involve them in the process somewhat before releasing these.

Were I Greggo and his company, I'd simply look at what Blitzway are producing/have produced, and say "See that, make it better than that".

Their sculpts always seem quite good. Tailoring and especially paintjobs are their bane, tighten them up, and I'd be a happy camper.

Were I Greggo and his company, I'd simply look at what Blitzway are producing/have produced, and say "See that, make it better than that".

Their sculpts always seem quite good. Tailoring and especially paintjobs are their bane, tighten them up, and I'd be a happy camper.

Doesn't Greg paint the figures though? He'd have to fire himself to ensure better paint jobs. Or did you mean the production paint jobs?

When the comment was made by Sideshow that we'd probably never see a 1/6 automobile, that was before Hot Toys became a major player and showed people would pay any amount of money for 1/6. Now with all the vehicles we've seen I don't think an Aston Martin is out of the question. A Lotus that changes into a sub? I refuse to say how much I'd pay for a 1/6 of that - (but it's a lot).

I collect very few figures or accessories anymore, it has to be something pretty appealing to me now, but if a high quality 1/6th Aston Martin DB5 is produced I might be forced to sell my 1/1 Toyota to buy one. Well, hopefully I get to keep my car, but you know what I mean. This would be the ultimate 1/6th movie car replica.

Back