Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

Where are the best places to buy BCS figures in the US? It looks like BBTS and Entertainment Earth are the main online merchants for US buyers. However, with a $50 markup over BBTS, Entertainment Earth really isn't an option, so, just BBTS?

Where are the best places to buy BCS figures in the US? It looks like BBTS and Entertainment Earth are the main online merchants for US buyers. However, with a $50 markup over BBTS, Entertainment Earth really isn't an option, so, just BBTS?
Depends who you're getting. I believe 11 and 12 are on discount direct from BCS, so you could just go through them even if you pay the shipping, which is about $30. That being said, that's overnight shipping to your door. But it should be less than US retailers. Amazon also has some and they often dive down to reasonable prices if you're patient.

Hey, hey!Want to see BC updates!Want to see teasers even!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

They shouldn't have announced it til they had a proto to show. Collectors are emotionally drained waiting for figures from HT's years of torture.

Don't fret. This is just their softening up process. Emotional draining and torture followed by numbness and an inability to resist ordering badly painted and overpriced toys.

You have a good point there :lol

Don't fret. This is just their softening up process. Emotional draining and torture followed by numbness and an inability to resist ordering badly painted and overpriced toys.

:lol :lol

I'm expecting greatness in these Inigou sculpts, so I am looking forward to seeing these figures, though with a modicum of dread. :lol

This might be a stupid question, but does acquiring the James Bond license mean they have the rights for all of the Bond films, or did they get individual licenses for select films? I don't know much about how this works.

This might be a stupid question, but does acquiring the James Bond license mean they have the rights for all of the Bond films, or did they get individual licenses for select films? I don't know much about how this works.

I would imagine they got a deal for all of them with EON but will need to get them approved individually. Probably a "suck it and see" kinda deal. If they do well, move on to next etc. Apart from Never Say Never Again which was an unofficial remake of Thunderball with Connery and not associated with the original producers/production company.

But, Greggo may be able to answer that officially.

Last edited:

I would imagine they got a deal for all of them with EON but will need to get them approved individually. Apart from Never Say Never Again which was an unofficial remake of Thunderball with Connery.

Thanks for the response! It just seems a bit confusing. I can understand the figures needing to be approved individually, but I was just wondering if the Bond license was one big pot.

Thanks for the response! It just seems a bit confusing. I can understand the figures needing to be approved individually, but I was just wondering if the Bond license was one big pot.

It also depends if the actor's signed away each of their likenesses or not. It's not usually so straightforward, and only Greggo and BCS will know. It's one of the reasons some of our fav' movie characters never get made officially.

Likenesses used to be part of the initial contracts, but a lot of actors (especially the A-listers) retain their own rights now.

I saw that Big Chief Studios posted on their facebook page about Global James Bond Day being this Wednesday. I really hope that they reveal their figures on it! :)

Well, if Big Chief puts this "day" on its website and doesn't then provide a teaser at the very least of its upcoming figures on Wednesday then that would be... how can I put it?... Lame.

**I made this comment to light a fire. :)

Back