Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

I remember that monthly subscription magazine where you built the Aston Martin db5, it looked amazing but it was 1:7 or 1:5 scale (can't remember which) but it was slightly wrong. I was gutted!
Yeah

Even though it is iconic, the DB5 has been done to death by Corgi and in the films, so I won't loose sleep if I never see another model of it. Besides, I prefer the V8 Vantage and the '69 DBS (even though it's only gadget was the gun tray).

I hope we get at least one of each Bond, but I am concerned that we won't get a Lazenby and Dalton. The two so-called "lesser Bonds" also happen to be my two favourite Bonds.

To be fair to George though, he is honest about the way he was. :wink1: He had a good time up on Piz Gloria with all the Angels Of Death. But even with his attitude, EON were offering him a 7 film contract. So they must have been willing to put up with him.

True, it might have been awkward filming, but then so must the filming of DAF. But they still made repeated offers to George, so who knows.

Re: Big Chief studios - James Bond Collector figures

Dalton being my favourite, I really hope they will release him in his casual winter attire he wore through most of the "Czechoslovakia" and Austria scenes of The Living Daylights. Sideshow already released two based on Licence to Kill, so it's time to focus on his debut movie.

865c28ee6366650e4d9ce72debe16ad3.jpg

Also a V8 Vantage Volante would be amazing.
au012-aston-martin-v8-vantage-3-bond-2.jpg

The Czechoslovakia scenes were actually shot in Vienna. The exterior scenes of Bond following Kara on the tram, Kara's apartment / the phone booth and the tram garage were all shot a block from my house the year I was born, so I feel a strong bond (pun not intended) to the film besides it, as well as Licence, being great films.

I once did a write up for our district's historic museum on all the shooting locations of each shot for preservation's sake. Took me the longest to figure out where they shot footage for rear projection use. They used each location to the fullest, mixing together different locations from shot to shot.

The car i'd want the most at 1:6 is the 2008 quantum silver DBS. Oooh yeah.

Id love to have a full bond range, couple of the main villains like odd job and jaws, original DB5, Lotus and 100% if BCS do them signature editions! I'd be all over that in a heart beat! :yess:

I've never seen the appeal of signature editions. For me the whole point of an autograph is that you met the person in the first place in order to get something signed. I don't get all this sending stuff away to be signed on your behalf either.

I'd like to meet them that would be even better! but as it is difficult sometimes to see them this is a compromise with a limited edition appeal. But i do get that meeting them is a huge part of autographs! :hi5:

I'm sure being a British company helped big Chiefs case, but they need to deliver on quality product not just for the customers but for EON. After the sideshow fiasco big chief has the opportunity to put the final nail in the coffin for the rest of time if they mess this up, which you all know that my bet Leans a lot closer to the belief that they will.

In my book it's a failure of its anything less than the following

- Sturdy and completely redesigned bodies with actual human proportions... I've seen nothing like this from the company as of yet

- realistic head sculpts that are sized correctly and not misshapen or warped or have washed out detail from inigous sculpts

-solid necks, not that weird cut on a neck post a lot of their figures have had. If you did this just change it now... Make it solid... Don't ruin these sculpts, a big problem with your figures is they look cartoony and this really adds to that effect.

- proper tailored outfits in fabric that is not too bulky and looks natural when bent, again I've seen nothing like this from that company, aside from the odd novelty outfit most of the bond outfits are suits and the first three are suits, a lot of the collectors on this board own or have the yunsil grey gold finger suit to compare to which looks like the on film suit was shrunken down. I'm not expecting that, after all hot toys could not deliver that. But hot toys could deliver something good enough that if I was a more casual fan I wouldn't want to upgrade. That's what I'm expecting.

- accessories and shoes that are not cheap looking or painted cheaply. Metal guns and lace up shoes, I realize hot toys does not do this but if companies like DID can do it and keep it under hot toys costs of you want to impress me big chief, it's an easy thing to do. Keep in mind the bootleg companies gave me a bunch of metal ppks already... If yours is cheap plastic you are already going to look like the bootleg in comparison

- biggest concern is paint. I'm expecting the worst here because this is the department I think the company has the most chance to improve on. White/flat and washed out, little detail... I'll probably have to repaint them even if the sculpts are good but I'd never or think of repainting a blitz way head or a hot toys head even if there are problems with both companies paint, blitz is a bit shiny and hot toys too dark. I'd be disappointed if it was anything less than on par with these companies. Again I'm expecting the least in this department.

Seeing as the last dr who guy I saw from this company, the guy with the black spiked hair actually looked like a cartoon I'm not that convinced these won't be a triple priced sideshow figure, which also looked like a cartoon/doll.

Please, please prove me wrong... I feel like a father who's daughter was proposed to by an underachieving guy she's too good for with the announcement of this company getting the bond lisence.

I felt the same with Asmus and LOTR and good lord was I right because they've totally made a mess of that line and that's an understatement, but the difference with Bond is i really, really care.

What got me into 1/6 was the sideshow bond. But it was only when I discovered that I could repaint and buy better outfits for them. And I've been customizing bond figures for ten damn years... I want that to stop, I want the lisence done justice. It deserves it.

Another example of a young company that out out an awesome product and hell a cheap product is the QMX trek. It's not quite hot toys level but hell they were cheap too and they look great. Sturdy, amazing accessories, look realistic. Paint job totally passable. In fact find only thing I changed was spocks body because he was too buff. This never happens! in my opinion they totally schooled three zero who's product I really hate (Tyron is the only one they did that was ok) but I also hate to say they've got Big Chief already beat on all levels.

I've said blitzway before but I'll live with QMX trek quality... It's more realistic for you and if you can get there you've got me.

I said this above but I'll say it again those damn necks... If you put that stupid cut under it you've already lost me big chief.

And just make these things look human, for example looking at that Martin freeman Sherlock figure, what is going on with his jeans and his crotch area? Why is it so unnatural looking? His waist too skinny and his crotch part too small and bad tailoring that doesn't look like real jeans bud Barbie doll jeans. I see this and it already ruins the rest of the figure despite his jacket looking fine or what not.

These are the things you need to watch out for with these bond figures.

Bond got me into 1/6 too. My first ever 1/6 was Scaramanga.

Re: Big Chief studios - James Bond Collector figures

Dalton being my favourite, I really hope they will release him in his casual winter attire he wore through most of the "Czechoslovakia" and Austria scenes of The Living Daylights. Sideshow already released two based on Licence to Kill, so it's time to focus on his debut movie.

View attachment 292928

Also a V8 Vantage Volante would be amazing.
View attachment 292929

The Czechoslovakia scenes were actually shot in Vienna. The exterior scenes of Bond following Kara on the tram, Kara's apartment / the phone booth and the tram garage were all shot a block from my house the year I was born, so I feel a strong bond (pun not intended) to the film besides it, as well as Licence, being great films.

I once did a write up for our district's historic museum on all the shooting locations of each shot for preservation's sake. Took me the longest to figure out where they shot footage for rear projection use. They used each location to the fullest, mixing together different locations from shot to shot.

That was be a great look for the 1:6 Dalton. If BCS get around to Dalton, that is one of the looks I would like to see most, the other being in those black combat fatigues from the pre-titles sequence of The Living Daylights.

d388a0ced0efcd4ec1748bc07bf81bba.jpg

the yunsil grey gold finger suit to compare to which looks like the on film suit was shrunken down.

The Yunsil jacket is disappointingly inaccurate to the screen used suit though. It doesn't have the two side vents the real one had.

The Yunsil jacket is disappointingly inaccurate to the screen used suit though. It doesn't have the two side vents the real one had.

First opportunity for big chief to improve upon something then... And I expect this level of accuracy and they better be prepared. I'm a bond nut and I didn't even know that but that's the thing... People are paying atfention to these kinds of details.

Are you prepared for that big chief?

Yeah, watch out! Collectors be lookin for details they don't even know EXIST.

Are you ready for THAT?!

tumblr_nrjorfr6AM1tslewgo1_500.gif

First opportunity for big chief to improve upon something then... And I expect this level of accuracy and they better be prepared. I'm a bond nut and I didn't even know that but that's the thing... People are paying atfention to these kinds of details.

Are you prepared for that big chief?

Also the waistcoat is wrong it has 4 pockets not 2 and the trousers/pants does not have 2 rear pockets. We are aware of the level of accuracy. I've been studying this costume very closely :)

That is correct Goldfinger will be in his riding outfit.

That's EXCELLENT news. Mine is in desperate need of an upgrade. You just made my day.

I hope your detailing on that will be as spot on as your attention seems to be on Bond's suit.

Back